good kids game out now?

#1rep_HCPosted 5/1/2013 3:27:15 PM
My cousin bought his daughter who just turned 7 a WiiU. The only game she has is the new super Mario brothers, and she was getting frustrated playing, so I went to "help her out", thinking "hey, if she's just struggling, I'll breeze right through it". I just then remembered it does take some skill to complete the levels (and patience). I'm wondering if there are any kids centric games more appropriate for a 7 year old. She has love Toy Story three, and one of the Mario karts, (both for PS3), because you don't really die and have to start over. Any recommendations?
#2oq7sterPosted 5/1/2013 3:31:13 PM
If they got a Wii remote get her Kirby's epic yarn. It is really cute, you can't die and it is just 15bucks new. Harvest moon animal parade can be good too.
---
3DS: 1805-3478-2204; NNID: oq7ster
I was addicted to Oblivion. Then Skyrim burned my gpu.
#3BeanBeanKingdomPosted 5/1/2013 3:36:21 PM
rep_HC posted...
one of the Mario karts, (both for PS3)

Wut? Anyway, Lego City Undercover is a good bet. It's very easy to pick up and play and death doesn't set you back one bit.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#4oq7sterPosted 5/1/2013 3:38:40 PM
BBK is right. Also frank honey will make her laugh badly.
---
3DS: 1805-3478-2204; NNID: oq7ster
I was addicted to Oblivion. Then Skyrim burned my gpu.
#5PSOLavisPosted 5/1/2013 3:40:33 PM
ummm how about you get her something difficult so she can learn to be good at games like us older gamers? The first game I ever played was Mario The Lost Levels which was freakin hard. I think she can manage NSMBU.
#6Nintendoboy77Posted 5/1/2013 3:43:56 PM
rep_HC posted...

How can someone be that ignorant?
#7rep_HC(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 5:45:29 PM
Nintendoboy77 posted...
rep_HC posted...

How can someone be that ignorant?

How can someone be such a loser, they feel a need to post such things to an honest, simple mistake, to make themselves feel good?

It wasn't Mario Kart, it was some other Shrek kart game or something.

Thank you for all the informative posts.

As for buying a challenging game that prepares her for the future, you must not have kids,...but neither do I. They play a game, they struggle with it a little bit, they get frustrated and don't want to play anymore, or force an adult to "help" them, aka, beat the game for them.
#8Xtreme-VoidPosted 5/4/2013 5:51:32 PM(edited)
NDF guys or drones, you are the expert of this.

please help the good man.
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, XBOX 360, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
Universal Gamer
#9gotsporkPosted 5/4/2013 5:51:21 PM
this makes me sound like an old, old person, but when I was 7, I didn't know anybody who could beat more than around one game. all the games were hard, and I never expected to beat any of them. we just kept playing until we died, and tried to do better next time.

also, nsmbu will help you if you die enough
---
mreow!
spork for president - metroid composite
#10ChipChippersonPosted 5/5/2013 12:05:03 AM
Call of Duty. :p

I don't know, when I was that age I was playing Contra, Life Force and Ghosts 'n Goblins. Lego City might be a good one since she can putz around and go at her own pace. If money is no object then maybe Skylanders.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.