No Injustice Gods Among Us dlc for Wii U

#101The_Shadow_LinkPosted 5/2/2013 4:11:46 PM
So, Batgirl got leaked on the Xbox Live Marketplace. Character size of 165mb. It all but confirms the Lobo/Batgirl/Zod/Scorpion lists that match what's on the .ini files and what the Brazilian Voice Actors said.

But perhaps more damning is that the file size it shows. That's essentially a full character right there. It tells me that they are done with these characters already. No way are they still making these characters right now. Which means we are dealing with one of the most dreaded types of DLC.

Server-Locked DLC. The DLC has already been pre-made. Probably a long time ago. And is instead stored on a server and then time-released after a set period of time. It makes sense really, despite the amazing sales of the Mortal Kombat DLC, we only got those 4 Season Pass characters, despite the demand for more. Plus Fighting Games invoke balance above all else, you want to make the DLC characters balanced with the regular characters, what better time to do that then make all the characters at once and balance them during production?

It's a trade as bad as On-Disc DLC in my mind. Characters have already been made but purposably being sold later as the illusion of add-on content. It's harder to determine when they are stored on a server you can't access, but seeing how that Batgirl has the final character size already? Yeah, all but confirms it.

And this is the only time ever that On-Disc DLC might actually have been better in this case than Server-Locked DLC. At least we would have got the DLC characters in that case...

Although now knowing this truth, don't buy the game until a Complete Edition comes out.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#102LundraReddPosted 5/4/2013 11:48:01 AM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
So, Batgirl got leaked on the Xbox Live Marketplace. Character size of 165mb. It all but confirms the Lobo/Batgirl/Zod/Scorpion lists that match what's on the .ini files and what the Brazilian Voice Actors said.

But perhaps more damning is that the file size it shows. That's essentially a full character right there. It tells me that they are done with these characters already. No way are they still making these characters right now. Which means we are dealing with one of the most dreaded types of DLC.

Server-Locked DLC. The DLC has already been pre-made. Probably a long time ago. And is instead stored on a server and then time-released after a set period of time. It makes sense really, despite the amazing sales of the Mortal Kombat DLC, we only got those 4 Season Pass characters, despite the demand for more. Plus Fighting Games invoke balance above all else, you want to make the DLC characters balanced with the regular characters, what better time to do that then make all the characters at once and balance them during production?

It's a trade as bad as On-Disc DLC in my mind. Characters have already been made but purposably being sold later as the illusion of add-on content. It's harder to determine when they are stored on a server you can't access, but seeing how that Batgirl has the final character size already? Yeah, all but confirms it.

And this is the only time ever that On-Disc DLC might actually have been better in this case than Server-Locked DLC. At least we would have got the DLC characters in that case...

Although now knowing this truth, don't buy the game until a Complete Edition comes out.

That is assuming they first of all, release a Complete Edition and secondly, it comes out on the Wii U :p
---
NNID: ReddBastion
#103bigjclassicPosted 5/4/2013 12:05:09 PM
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
I know people will probably laugh this off, but there's a reason fighting game tournaments don't use the Wii U version of Tekken Tag 2 or Injustice. They aren't optimized for competitive play at all. Worse online, unreliable update and DLC policies, and no ability to use an arcade stick.

And these days, fighting game tournament players are a huge part of that category of games.

Completely untrue, on both accords. We use arcade sticks on TTT2 on Wii U. There is a small online crowd, however my group would rather play it on Wii U. And we do. As far as Injustice, its not a great fighter to begin with.
---
NNID(WiiU): Ryusaki_J PSN: classicviolence
My channel: youtube.com/classicviolence