No Injustice Gods Among Us dlc for Wii U

#31spacejamjordanzPosted 5/1/2013 6:05:07 PM
SlimeSwayze posted...
Can't help but wonder how much this has to do with the lack of a HDD in the Wii U. Probably a lot, since I'm sure the number of people who have bought and utilized external hard drives has been marginal, at best. And so many people were praising Nintendo, saying it was good of them to buck what has become the standard by not utilizing a large internal storage device. I hope those people don't complain about the lack of DLC, because you're now getting what you asked for, which is nothing.

Probably not the lack of HDD has anything to do with dlc. You don't need a HDD exclusively for dlc, you can use your flash memory or whatever kind of external memory setup you have. I honestly think there is a bigger picture here. I think it's more about Nintendo's relationship with third party devs/publishers in general.

Look at the Wii U Black ops 2 players still sitting around and speculating about whether they will get ANY dlc or not. Meanwhile 360 players got the second pack two weeks ago, and PS3/PC will get it two weeks later. The new COD (Ghosts) was announced today, and there is not a shred of doubt in my mind that the next Xbox will get dlc.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#32Baha05Posted 5/1/2013 6:07:46 PM
spacejamjordanz posted...
No. I can guarantee you that's not gonna happen.

No you really can't.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#33Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 5/1/2013 6:09:14 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Cant wait til this console fades into obscurity.

im sure many users here feel the same way about you.

Quick, the Vita board is under attack! Go save it!

nbean16 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Cant wait til this console fades into obscurity.

Then why did you say you wanted to buy one yesterday?

Because it has been hacked. Duh.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#34The_King82Posted 5/1/2013 6:12:02 PM
Baha05 posted...
ChaoticVortex posted...
The point is the Wii U is once again getting shunned.

In terms of fighting games getting DLC characters, yeah that's BS and always will be. They announced it almost before the game even came out. I really hate business practices like this. Release a game too early so you can milk customers for the rest of the content that should have been there in the first place.

Ever think that Wii U could get exclusive characters? DLC does tend to have exclusive things depending on where you buy the game or for what system.

LMAO! That was hilarious. Need more jokers around here. Yes pun intended.
---
8GB OF GDDR5 RAM!!!!!
#35PUNCHOUT1116Posted 5/1/2013 6:13:05 PM
To be fair, Im pretty sure no ones really buying this game on WiiU anyway. Throw it in the pile next to Need for Speed
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#36HackfestreturnsPosted 5/1/2013 6:16:04 PM
Game was good, with this news, it is now trash.
---
Next thing you know, you've been pranked. This is Jon He Does It!
#37Virus66Posted 5/1/2013 6:16:33 PM
SlimeSwayze posted...
Can't help but wonder how much this has to do with the lack of a HDD in the Wii U. Probably a lot, since I'm sure the number of people who have bought and utilized external hard drives has been marginal, at best. And so many people were praising Nintendo, saying it was good of them to buck what has become the standard by not utilizing a large internal storage device. I hope those people don't complain about the lack of DLC, because you're now getting what you asked for, which is nothing.

The HDD has nothing to do with it. If that was the case, then the 360 would never have gotten DLC because the Arcade model exists, or the PSP/Vita wouldn't because of their lack of internal storage.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#38fhsfootball74Posted 5/1/2013 6:20:05 PM
I could be naive but they didn't really say it wasn't coming. It wouldn't be unprecedented for the Wii U to get DLC late, see Assassin's Creed III.
---
Blue Jackets, Columbus Crew, Reds, Bengals, Buckeyes
PSN-Fhsfootball74 NNID- returnoftheryan
#39Trunks 2003(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 6:23:55 PM
fhsfootball74 posted...
I could be naive but they didn't really say it wasn't coming. It wouldn't be unprecedented for the Wii U to get DLC late, see Assassin's Creed III.

well when asked about the wii u version they would ignore it. then they posted that if we were getting the dlc they could just say it's coming but not for a while.
---
Click my name to get my 3DS friend code. Pm me though gamfaqs with your code if you add me.
#40Dersu_UzalaPosted 5/1/2013 6:32:47 PM(edited)
It's apparently because Nintendo's approval process for adding online content is a tremendous pain in the ass to navigate and takes forever, so they just decided they wouldn't bother. I remember the developers of the WiiWare port of MDK 2 complaining about how difficult it was to work with Nintendo and how it took far much more time to come out than it should have.

Anyway, if you actually bought a Wii U with the intention of playing Western 360/PS3 multiplat games on it, you're a huge sucker.