No Injustice Gods Among Us dlc for Wii U

#41DynoStretchPosted 5/1/2013 5:32:13 PM
I think it's a little too early to doom the Wii-U version purely on a "probably", especially when they haven't even explained why.

Though I have to agree with Punchout, Injustice isn't exactly Game-of-the-Year-material enough to be upset about it. Even if there's no DLC this game will likely be quickly forgotten about on all systems within a month or two anyway.
---
Remember: Nintendo is more violent than Playstation and Microsoft COMBINED... They just don't show blood.
#42Dersu_UzalaPosted 5/1/2013 5:34:49 PM
I know people will probably laugh this off, but there's a reason fighting game tournaments don't use the Wii U version of Tekken Tag 2 or Injustice. They aren't optimized for competitive play at all. Worse online, unreliable update and DLC policies, and no ability to use an arcade stick.

Whaaaat? There's a Wii U arcade stick released for Tekken Tag 2.
#43Lefty128kPosted 5/1/2013 5:41:05 PM
Virus66 posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...
Can't help but wonder how much this has to do with the lack of a HDD in the Wii U. Probably a lot, since I'm sure the number of people who have bought and utilized external hard drives has been marginal, at best. And so many people were praising Nintendo, saying it was good of them to buck what has become the standard by not utilizing a large internal storage device. I hope those people don't complain about the lack of DLC, because you're now getting what you asked for, which is nothing.

The HDD has nothing to do with it. If that was the case, then the 360 would never have gotten DLC because the Arcade model exists, or the PSP/Vita wouldn't because of their lack of internal storage.

Different consoles, different policies?
#44Faceman_Posted 5/1/2013 5:46:17 PM
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
I know people will probably laugh this off, but there's a reason fighting game tournaments don't use the Wii U version of Tekken Tag 2 or Injustice. They aren't optimized for competitive play at all. Worse online, unreliable update and DLC policies, and no ability to use an arcade stick.

And these days, fighting game tournament players are a huge part of that category of games.

Wait, wait? What does online have to do with competitive fighting games? You already can't use DLC characters in ANY tournaments EVER and arcade sticks are literally made to make players look like idiots. "Let's get on our knees and put a joystick in my lap!" Sickening.
#45mistergrownmanPosted 5/1/2013 5:48:19 PM
DynoStretch posted...
I think it's a little too early to doom the Wii-U version purely on a "probably", especially when they haven't even explained why.

Though I have to agree with Punchout, Injustice isn't exactly Game-of-the-Year-material enough to be upset about it. Even if there's no DLC this game will likely be quickly forgotten about on all systems within a month or two anyway.

The only GOTY award a fighter has a chance of winning is "Best Fighting Game". Downplaying the game itself doesn't help. It really doesn't excuse the lack of support for this game on the platform. (that's if there is no dlc)
---
Guns don't kill people. Husbands who come home early do.
#46Reece504Posted 5/1/2013 5:48:41 PM
NRS never said NO by the way and also I have the 360 version only thing you guys are missing is preorder skins and ios skins which im wondering if the ios skins work or not they should since you just have to sync your wbid account with a iphone that has the game. Also they announced harley quinn classic costume as well as teen titans deathstroke, classic cyborg, and Odyssey wonder woman. If you don't care about costumes then its no big deal and if you dont like Lobo its no big deal other than that you're not missing much unless you're like me and have to have everything in a game.
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#47_Sovereign_Posted 5/1/2013 5:49:14 PM
The_King82 posted...
Baha05 posted...
ChaoticVortex posted...
The point is the Wii U is once again getting shunned.

In terms of fighting games getting DLC characters, yeah that's BS and always will be. They announced it almost before the game even came out. I really hate business practices like this. Release a game too early so you can milk customers for the rest of the content that should have been there in the first place.

Ever think that Wii U could get exclusive characters? DLC does tend to have exclusive things depending on where you buy the game or for what system.

LMAO! That was hilarious. Need more jokers around here. Yes pun intended.

How was that funny? The last two Assassins Creed games got exclusive PS3 content - only if you bought it at gamestop. Plenty of titles get various forms of DLC from various retail outlets as a pre-order bonus. Some DLC is timed. Some DLC really depends on what platform you get it on.....I fail to see how that was funny.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#48Trunks 2003(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 5:51:32 PM
DynoStretch posted...

no this is when you want to raise hell because if you wait they will be like oh well and nothing will change.

well that your guys opinions i honestly love the game and haven't stopped playing it since release. i was excited about lobo and was saving the money to get him but it looks like we won't.
---
Click my name to get my 3DS friend code. Pm me though gamfaqs with your code if you add me.
#49Trunks 2003(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 5:55:51 PM
Reece504 posted...
NRS never said NO by the way and also I have the 360 version only thing you guys are missing is preorder skins and ios skins which im wondering if the ios skins work or not they should since you just have to sync your wbid account with a iphone that has the game. Also they announced harley quinn classic costume as well as teen titans deathstroke, classic cyborg, and Odyssey wonder woman. If you don't care about costumes then its no big deal and if you dont like Lobo its no big deal other than that you're not missing much unless you're like me and have to have everything in a game.

no you cant get the ios skins on the wii u and they keep dancing around any questions about the wii u version then say this they don't want to just say no so that the wii u version continues to sell.
---
Click my name to get my 3DS friend code. Pm me though gamfaqs with your code if you add me.
#50Dersu_UzalaPosted 5/1/2013 5:57:39 PM
arcade sticks are literally made to make players look like idiots. "Let's get on our knees and put a joystick in my lap!" Sickening.

Ever heard of something called A TABLE???