No Injustice Gods Among Us dlc for Wii U

#81mistergrownmanPosted 5/1/2013 8:31:03 PM
Faceman_ posted...
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
I know people will probably laugh this off, but there's a reason fighting game tournaments don't use the Wii U version of Tekken Tag 2 or Injustice. They aren't optimized for competitive play at all. Worse online, unreliable update and DLC policies, and no ability to use an arcade stick.

And these days, fighting game tournament players are a huge part of that category of games.

Wait, wait? What does online have to do with competitive fighting games? You already can't use DLC characters in ANY tournaments EVER and arcade sticks are literally made to make players look like idiots. "Let's get on our knees and put a joystick in my lap!" Sickening.

Dude... you ever heard of a table? What the... I don't even...
---
Guns don't kill people. Husbands who come home early do.
#82Trunks 2003(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 8:38:57 PM
mistergrownman posted...
Trunks 2003 posted...
mistergrownman posted...
dsar901 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Cant wait til this console fades into obscurity.

Don't worry you won't have to wait long haha WIth stuff like this hapening only a fool would invest in third arty games on a Nintendo system, and Nintendo's First party games have been practically non existant lately.

In all fairness.. When I went to Gamestop to pre-order the game. I initially intended to preorder for Wii U, but the advertised pre-order bonuses were not available. No Red Son pack, or the season pass. That didn't sit well with me, so I switched my pre-order to 360.

well i pre-ordered before those bonuses came out then i called gamestop and asked if the wii u got those bonuses too and i was told yes.

Obviously the guy you talked to on the phone wasn't actually looking in his system. I was actually at the store, and he couldn't ring it up.

well i know that now i just figured it would be released on the eshop at some time but now it doesn't look like that will happen :C
---
Click my name to get my 3DS friend code. Pm me though gamfaqs with your code if you add me.
#83KolanifvPosted 5/1/2013 8:44:32 PM
ChaoticVortex posted...
What nonsense is this?

8 year old systems will get the DLC but not a system that just came out? Is the Wii U online infrastructure really that hard to work with?

I'd imagine so, I get the impression that NoJ doesn't exactly understand how the internet works, see Miyamoto's comments about Pikmin 3 not having online due to the streess on the CPU of requiring the system to handle individual clients for each Pikmin.
#84Yargitsu99zPosted 5/1/2013 11:02:42 PM
Baha05 posted...
Is it weird that people are actually complaining about a Fighting Game not getting DLC?

---
[Expletive deleted at request of Gamefaqs]
P.o.I.: you may know me as; "Zanzibar Man", "----824", or "Sam Yargo".
#85Woozle_WuzzlePosted 5/2/2013 2:16:05 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#86MasterAshKetchemPosted 5/2/2013 2:36:05 AM
On the one hand, it's another cash grab fighting game so who really gives a frick.

On the other, it's yet another developer screwing their own game on the Wii U, which causes a domino effect with other Devs.
#87cybersonic233Posted 5/2/2013 2:41:53 AM
Kolanifv posted...
ChaoticVortex posted...
What nonsense is this?

8 year old systems will get the DLC but not a system that just came out? Is the Wii U online infrastructure really that hard to work with?

I'd imagine so, I get the impression that NoJ doesn't exactly understand how the internet works, see Miyamoto's comments about Pikmin 3 not having online due to the streess on the CPU of requiring the system to handle individual clients for each Pikmin.

Thats nothing to do with not knowing how to do online play if the amount of cpus required online would slow the game down id rather no online than bad online
#88TheFlamingCPosted 5/2/2013 2:54:14 AM
Uh, the Lobo DLC trailer advertised Lobo for all 3 platforms. So...I don't know what you're getting at here other than the fact that the initial skin DLC doesn't exist on Wii U. Who actually cares about skins? They're a rip-off.
---
Nope, don't have a sig. Maybe later.
#89LundraReddPosted 5/2/2013 3:07:08 AM
Lobo wasn't advertised for any platform in the trailer?
---
NNID: ReddBastion
#90TheFlamingCPosted 5/2/2013 3:09:34 AM
http://youtu.be/EnVJ4yF0-JI?t=2m30s

Except, you know, the part where it does show all systems.
---
Nope, don't have a sig. Maybe later.