Where Would You Like The Setting Of A Game On The Wii U? (Make A Game Part 1)

#1TransdudePosted 5/1/2013 7:20:01 PM(edited)
Where would you like a game to take place? - Results (33 votes)
A futuristic sci-fi world
21.21% (7 votes)
A medieval fantasy world
12.12% (4 votes)
In the wild west
3.03% (1 votes)
Under the ocean
15.15% (5 votes)
In present day
6.06% (2 votes)
In a prehistoric world
6.06% (2 votes)
In a post-apocalyptic world
15.15% (5 votes)
In a void resting on the borders between Heaven and Hell
6.06% (2 votes)
In a society outside of their historically correct timeframe (i.e. Steampunk)
12.12% (4 votes)
Inside a computer
3.03% (1 votes)
This poll is now closed.
We will be creating a game that we want to see come to the Wii U. In these polls, the choice that receives the most votes will determine the outcome of what the game will be.

Next poll will start within a week after this poll reaches at least 200 votes.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS Friend Code: 2750-1600-2747 | Nintendo Network ID: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#2YoyokuKOPosted 5/1/2013 7:28:07 PM
A futuristic sci-fi world - too gray/grey
A medieval fantasy world - too brown
In the wild west - same as above but with guns

Under the ocean - potential for amazing soundtrack.

In present day - I don't like open world

In a prehistoric world - potentially awesome if giant kaiju monsters

In a post-apocalyptic world - too brown and gray/grey
In a void resting on the borders between Heaven and Hell - too teenage anst for me
In a society outside of their historically correct timeframe (i.e. Steampunk) - too brown and steamy
Inside a computer - i hate the internet

2 of the 3 you can see
#3Jacob46719Posted 5/1/2013 7:47:44 PM
YoyokuKO posted...
i hate the internet

haha then why are you here lol
---
Currently Playing: Skyrim, Littlebigplanet 2, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, 007 Legends, StarCraft 2
#4PendragoonPosted 5/1/2013 7:53:04 PM
Medieval fantasy hasn't been overdone this gen and few games using it did it right. Do it like Dragon's Dogma and I welcome another Medieval Fantasy game.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#5YoyokuKOPosted 5/1/2013 7:54:27 PM
Jacob46719 posted...
posted...
i hate the internet

haha then why are you here lol

but i'm not
ohhhhhhh
#6TheCelticArcherPosted 5/1/2013 7:55:48 PM
Under the Ocean, if done right.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Sleeping Dogs (PS3), Banjo-Kazooie (360), Darksiders II (Wii U), & Need for Speed Most Wanted U.
#7Chosen_one_41Posted 5/1/2013 8:14:22 PM
YoyokuKO posted...
A futuristic sci-fi world - too gray/grey

What sci-fi worlds have you seen? The one thing that visually defines sci-fi is crazy colours from what I've seen.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/chosen_one_41
Rarity is best pony
#8UponADarkThornePosted 5/1/2013 8:25:06 PM
I voted post-apocalyptic but as much as I'd like to see a role-playing game/third person shooter/vehicular combat game set in a ruined metropolis...

I actually would really like a modern urban fantasy game. Something very Hellblazer-ish, maybe with a bit of Dresden Files thrown in.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#9MilesTeg420Posted 5/1/2013 8:32:19 PM
TheCelticArcher posted...
Under the Ocean, if done right.

Yeah I went this way too. My quick take on how it would play out:

Something has happened, can no longer go above water. No one is sure at this point what remains above.

Ocean is your "open world".

One main, large city. This game will not take place 100% "in the water". Swimming/driving underwater the whole time would be not that fun. Possibly some smaller other cities. This city will be where roughly 20%-30% of the game is played, the rest will be other locations in the ocean and the ocean itself.

New vehicles have been created allowing for faster travel. Like an underwater jetski, etc. Some areas only accessible by swiming.

Catalogue the life forms. See if you can find every one. Different variants of some life forms.

Oxygen not an issue - some kind of tech has been created that instantly changes water to breathable air through your suit. Some areas of ocean may be polluted leading to breathing problems.

I'm thinking kind of a Zelda approach, where there are 7 or so dungeons and completing one progresses the game, or helps a lot in doing so.

Your time in the city will be spent trying to figure out how, or why to get to the surface. Stuff you aquire in the ocean will be important to game progress. There will be driving/shops/culture/etc in the city and this is where much of the narrative plays out.

There will be a full hunting component, similar to Red Dead Redemption but more advanced.

The game is obviously played third person.

Anyway, just some first thoughts.
#10Transdude(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 4:40:05 AM
bump
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS Friend Code: 2750-1600-2747 | Nintendo Network ID: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996