Why all the cloak & dagger with news of upcoming Wii U releases?

#1Yoshi__AranPosted 5/2/2013 6:12:41 AM
Are Nintendo usually nearly so secretive with future releases?

Where is the Yoshi Yarn gameplay? More info on X? Will they ever tell us what Retro is working on since everyone has speculated for years? More Wind Waker footage. Other game news?

*tumbleweeds & cricket chirps*

Why all the cloak and dagger? Don't they want to get us pumped? Seriously, I want to know but am kept in the dark.
#2JackalPosted 5/2/2013 6:17:17 AM
Because secrecy is Nintendos weapon of choice. They kept the Wii U so secret for a year that hardly anyone outside the gaming community knows what it is let alone know about it. :)
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#3ska_dude101Posted 5/2/2013 6:20:17 AM
I really don't have an answer for this. Nintendo seems to love hypetrains, even if they know they are going to disappoint (evident by the handling of the Wii U VC launch).

Maybe the games just aren't that far into development and 1) They don't want people to realize how far behind they are, and 2) They don't really have much to show.
#4phy2jshPosted 5/2/2013 6:20:50 AM
I know, it's perplexing. I'm sure a lot more people would be convinced to purchase Wii U's if there was more hype about up-coming releases. And, the best way to increase hype is to tell us something about the games! I cannot think of a good reason for them keeping so quiet; of course, that doesn't mean there isn't one...
#5TheUnboundOnePosted 5/2/2013 6:22:14 AM
No secrecy. They just don't have anything to show. The reiterations of their popular franchises just aren't ready for prime time anytime in the near future.
---
Truth is only known once you step outside the information bubble.
#6BroadwayGPUPosted 5/2/2013 6:24:37 AM
Wait for the big E3 press conference
---
#BroadwayGPUTopic
#7Fr0sty-Posted 5/2/2013 6:27:59 AM
Too busy counting money in their coffers and not hiring enough programmers as they self-admitted. All talk and nothing to show for it. Maybe they'll throw surprises at E3 though but so far I'm not interested in Wii U's library (maybe a mild interest in Pikmin 3). 3DS' future line-up however is what I'm excited for.
---
Currently playing - FE:Awakening, Xenogears, Dota 2, Bioshock, Tomb Raider, ICO & SoC collection
#8Yoshi__Aran(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 6:31:10 AM
TheUnboundOne posted...
No secrecy. They just don't have anything to show. The reiterations of their popular franchises just aren't ready for prime time anytime in the near future.

So........they can't even tell us what OLD Nintendo games are releasing on the VC in the near future? Must they really be so secretive about nes and snes games that released over 20 years ago, and are already on wii vc? Not happy with the trickle of new games or dangling a carrot in front of a horse for new information. Seriously, what is up with the VC?

Why wouldn't they have anything new to show of Wii U games they have already worked on for years?
#9TheUnboundOnePosted 5/2/2013 7:04:10 AM
Yoshi__Aran posted...
TheUnboundOne posted...

So........they can't even tell us what OLD Nintendo games are releasing on the VC in the near future? Must they really be so secretive about nes and snes games that released over 20 years ago, and are already on wii vc? Not happy with the trickle of new games or dangling a carrot in front of a horse for new information. Seriously, what is up with the VC?

Why wouldn't they have anything new to show of Wii U games they have already worked on for years?

I have no idea what you are talking about in relation to my post. I was talking about new games not old ones you can play on any electronic device know to man at this point.
---
Truth is only known once you step outside the information bubble.
#10ska_dude101Posted 5/2/2013 7:04:35 AM
BroadwayGPU posted...
Wait for the big E3 press conference

icwutudidthere