K, the time to REALLY be worried is when...

#1PUNCHOUT1116Posted 5/2/2013 7:47:18 AM
Nintendo pulls a 3DS with this thing (releasing a 3D Mario, Kart, and a possible price drop) and... it doesn't work :/

Low first half of a year sales is no time to worry, no Madden is no time to worry... but when they bust out the big guns and sales dont take off? Yeah... Im pretty sure that would be the time to worry.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#2ADHDguitarPosted 5/2/2013 7:48:44 AM
That would be pretty much the end.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#3X_ULTIMA_XPosted 5/2/2013 7:50:00 AM
It could happen though. If it does nintendo would be forced to go handheld consoles only for a while
---
Regards, Dolan
R.I.P fungivore 2012-2012
#4PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 7:50:32 AM
ADHDguitar posted...
That would be pretty much the end.

No doubt. I would change my outlook from "Well, we'll see what happens when they pull a 3DS with this thing" to "Ruh-Roh Raggy!!!"
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#5PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 7:52:51 AM(edited)
X_ULTIMA_X posted...
It could happen though. If it does nintendo would be forced to go handheld consoles only for a while

To be honest, I wouldnt mind a handheld I could play on my TV when I was home. Nintendo should look into that sometime.

Edit: And by that I mean without having to hook it up to a console or something
---
#6DoomsSDPosted 5/2/2013 7:54:54 AM(edited)
As a non-American gamer, the lack of Madden is a complete non-issue for me. EA can go whistle. I wouldn't have let them design my online infrastructure either.

But yeah, the 3DS is doing well, it's got a roster of games on the way that simply looks unbeatable on handhelds which, amongst others, includes the money printing press Pokemon franchise so it's going to start catching on in the West very soon.

Wii U has the potential to catch up but I think this year is going to be where we see Nintendo cool their efforts off until we they have their bigger games ready and let those build up momentum into next year, where we're likely to see it put the same push into the Wii U as the 3DS is currently getting.

If THAT doesn't work then yeah, I'll probably be getting worried about it too.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#7DemonDog666Posted 5/2/2013 7:55:22 AM
No the time to worry is now, if that happened then the thing just might as well be discontinued and it's already over.
#8X_ULTIMA_XPosted 5/2/2013 7:56:14 AM
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
X_ULTIMA_X posted...

To be honest, I wouldnt mind a handheld I could play on my TV when I was home. Nintendo should look into that sometime.

Personally i wouldnt mind if the wii u flopped, it would make nintendo get their act together and make an account system, VC titles released quickly and ones that people actually want. They would probably do that out of desperation if the wii u was about to flop. And if it did flop, i would prefer they go third party for home consoles but stay a hardware company with portables
---
Regards, Dolan
R.I.P fungivore 2012-2012
#9PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 8:01:32 AM
The reason I say this is because the U seems to be having ALOT of the same problems the 3DS had: A higher price point, no must-have software, and general public confusion (remember when the general, non-gaming savy public thought the 3DS was just another DS design?)

That said, to fix a similar problem, it only seems logical for them to try a similar solution. But if it doesn't work? Yeah, bye bye U.
---
#10PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 8:03:23 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
No the time to worry is now, if that happened then the thing just might as well be discontinued and it's already over.

To be fair, at the equivalent time period, 3DS owners were worried, and as it turns out, they shouldn't have been. Just sayin, we'll see what time decides.
---