K, the time to REALLY be worried is when...

#51Enigma149Posted 5/2/2013 11:42:49 AM
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
x2link777 posted...
To be completely and utterly honest, and I know, I know, this is a mega-major-super-duper-ultra-controversial thing I'm about to say, but.. I honestly would REALLY prefer if the naysayer's were right, and Nintendoomed happend, and they went 3rd party. First off, let me state, I've been a major Nintendo fan since as young as 4. Had every one of there consoles, sans the Literal Fail-I mean Virtual Boy, and have enjoyed nearly every one of their franchises in depth over the years, and still do to his day.

But the fact is I'm siting here, with another Nintendo console of the $300+ variety, that at best may get 10-15 games worth playing in its lifespan as like usual, 3rd parties are avoiding it like the plague. I know for a lot of people thats more than enough, and fully understand that, and respect that position. But for me, gaming is, and has always, and likely WILL always be my number one hobby. And, thanks to renting and borrowing games, and deals, I go through close to that many games a year(and up till only a few years ago, I could go through double that, but alas life happens and the older ya get the more responsibilities and all) and $300 bucks now, and higher and higher prices in the future will ultimatly lead to me having to give up on the Big N as theres just no way I could justify dropping any more than $300 for another under-supported console.

Now, if the Big N were to go third party they could pour 100% into their games, and not worry about near flop-flop consoles(obviously the Wii doesn't count as it was obviously a fluke, and one that didnt take too long to fizzle out) Being able to buy one less console each Gen, but still have access to some of the best franchises in gaming would just be pure win. Cause the way I see it, and I know I'm far from alone here, is that I'm a fan of Nintendo's franchises, Mario's and Zelda, Pokemon and Metroid and all the rest. I really couldn't care less about their gimmicky hardware, save for the sole fact it's a must buy solely for their great games.

Again, I realize this is UBER-controversial opinion, but really, It's also just a really honest point of view that does make logical sense.

I get where your coming from, and it honesty wouldnt bother me to get my Nintendo fix on other non-Nintendo consoles that I will assuredly end up owning. Blasphemy, I know, but I'm ok with it.

I'd be okay with it, too, but only under these conditions:

1) This happens in the next generation, not the current one. I would be fine with it happening near the end of this one, though - say, 5 years into the Wii U's life, Nintendo announces they won't make another system, and then begins to release their games on multiple systems (including the Wii U), much like the Dreamcast (only after 5 years, not 3).

2) Nintendo games have no console exclusive content - all of their games are multiplatform (including on PCs), all of their games are released with a reasonable degree of simultaneousity (a week is fine; 6 months is not), and any DLC is released on all systems, again, to a reasonable degree (it wouldn't make much sense to have an Xbox Avatar in a Playstation game, for example).

3) Nintendo continues to create handhelds, or there are other, competent handhelds. This may include an official Nintendo peripheral for phones so they can play games with real controls, but a dedicated handheld would be best.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#52Rasputin77Posted 5/2/2013 11:52:22 AM(edited)
I swear to God if I typed "the moon is made of cheese", at least ONE of you wouldn't be able to stop yourselves from telling me that it's not.

I mean... are they teaching classes in Naivete these days, or what?

I'm not worried, TC. I figure I already blew my money; taking sub-par Wii U Injustice back for the superior PS3 version was the tipping point for me. I have no dazzling expectations anymore. Anything good that comes from this purchase now, I'm viewing on an awesome-exception by awesome-exception basis.

Look at any thread he is in. He has also admitted his bias towards sony and that he is on here to aggravate people.

He's probably also here to get other posters to gossip about him in that cute, high-schoolish "he's right there, but let's talk about him like he's not" way, and provide almost knee-jerk reactions to his posts.

Oh look! It happened again. And again. And again. How strange...
---
Wii U board logic: Posting anything that isn't praise = trolling. Defending that action = running to their rescue.
You can't make this s*** up. XD
#53Enigma149Posted 5/2/2013 11:53:33 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
I swear to God if I typed "the moon is made of cheese", at least ONE of you wouldn't be able to stop yourselves from telling me that it's not.

I'm not worried, TC. I figure I already blew my money; taking sub-par Wii U Injustice back for the superior PS3 version was the tipping point for me. I have no dazzling expectations anymore. Anything good that comes from this purchase now, I'm viewing on an awesome-exception by awesome-exception basis.

Look at any thread he is in. He has also admitted his bias towards sony and that he is on here to aggravate people.

He's probably also here to get other posters to gossip about him in that cute, high-schoolish "he's right there, but let's talk about him like he's not" way, and provide almost knee-jerk reactions to his posts.

You have some sort of problem?

I mean, you keep posting here, obsessed with "correcting" everyone, but all you end up doing is acting hypocritical, and then nobody pays you any attention.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#54icarus231Posted 5/2/2013 11:57:01 AM
Rasputin77 posted...

Wow talk about calling the kettle black.
#55MotiJrPosted 5/2/2013 12:18:11 PM
Makes sense. If the big franchises fail to change things then worrying seems understandable but for now, it seems pointless to panic/troll/cry/whine
#56icarus231Posted 5/2/2013 1:44:00 PM
If you want to worry about a company nintendo is not the one. They are expanding while other companies are going through rough time.

http://www.gamespot.com//news/dozens-of-sony-executives-foregoing-bonuses-report-6407839?

Ouch glad im not them.
#57psxphreakPosted 5/2/2013 1:47:07 PM
Fifa is confirmed to not be coming as well.

Wii U is as good as dead in Europe now. Fifa was the last straw, because it draws huge sales on every platform.
#58spealfan444Posted 5/2/2013 1:48:53 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
icarus231 posted...
Didnt i just read the MS is saying they are having 6 month delays on development too for their new system. So it isnt just nintendo taking time. Oh and poor doggy its only been one game delayed but great spin as usual. Go back to playing your vita before it falls into obscurity.

I don't know what you read, considering their system isn't enough announced yet and no games have annouced dates how is it even technically possible for anything to be officially delayed? Behind schedule maybe, also what MS is doing is pretty irrelevant and atleast (well I assume) they'll have a next gen system with next gen specs, it's not like they are having trouble doing what everyone has been doing the last 5 years.

Again all first party games including w101 and pikmin

W101=Platinum Games.
---
These boards are a creature of Chaos, they may take many incarnations.
#59icarus231Posted 5/2/2013 1:50:49 PM
spealfan444 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
icarus231 posted...
Didnt i just read the MS is saying they are having 6 month delays on development too for their new system. So it isnt just nintendo taking time. Oh and poor doggy its only been one game delayed but great spin as usual. Go back to playing your vita before it falls into obscurity.

I don't know what you read, considering their system isn't enough announced yet and no games have annouced dates how is it even technically possible for anything to be officially delayed? Behind schedule maybe, also what MS is doing is pretty irrelevant and atleast (well I assume) they'll have a next gen system with next gen specs, it's not like they are having trouble doing what everyone has been doing the last 5 years.

Again all first party games including w101 and pikmin

W101=Platinum Games.

He ran away with his tail between his legs since he was proven wrong.
#60evisceratorXPosted 5/2/2013 1:53:27 PM
Agreed. And regardless of whether or not these titles do boost sales, Nintendo needs to start striking deals and luring back third parties. We need those muliplatform titles more than anything. This is not the Wii and they will not do well this generation if they have virtually no third party support as in the previous gen. The economic landscape has changed since then and Nintendo can't keep this system relevant if they're the only ones making the good games for it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-2dKOfbC9c
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, copy and paste this into your sig.