UK supermarket Asda desperate to sell Wii U's. CUTS PRICE AGAIN IN TWO MONTHS!

#1GooBacksBackPosted 5/2/2013 8:54:51 AM
http://www.gamespot.com//news/uk-supermarket-asda-slashes-wii-u-price-for-a-second-time-6407856?

Two price cuts in two months?

Geez.
#2InnerscopePosted 5/2/2013 8:56:23 AM
Ok, let me predict what will be in this topic.

"Wow, the trolls are outrageous on this board today"

"Nintendoomed!"

"Shut it apologists ;)"
---
Wii U board logic: Posting anything that isn't praise = trolling. Defending that action = running to their rescue.
You can't make this s*** up. XD - Rasputin77
#3fuzi11Posted 5/2/2013 9:05:25 AM
I was in London last week and I couldn't find one multimedia store where I could buy games and other stuff. even the multimedia store (VMS?) was closed in Heathrow. I was keen on wasting my last pounds on DVDs and games, but I haven't found one shop.

OK, I wasn't really searching for one, but one week walking through the city, I would have thought that I would pass at least one
#4CranberryPSOPosted 5/2/2013 9:09:57 AM
Anyone that is in the UK and has access to the store should look at this as an opportunity to pick up a WiiU for pretty cheap. For any consumer with interest in the console, this is quite an opportunity. You know that the WiiU game drought is going to end sooner or later so grabbing it now while it's cheap may be a very wise move.
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2
#5shaunmePosted 5/2/2013 9:19:39 AM
CranberryPSO posted...
Anyone that is in the UK and has access to the store should look at this as an opportunity to pick up a WiiU for pretty cheap. For any consumer with interest in the console, this is quite an opportunity. You know that the WiiU game drought is going to end sooner or later so grabbing it now while it's cheap may be a very wise move.

i'm seriously thinking of getting a white one for an extra gamepad!!
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#6thundercat2600Posted 5/2/2013 9:20:40 AM
That sucks big time. These retailers are probably taking a loss on the Wii U. Guess they want to free up shelf space for products that actually sell.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#7nasumiPosted 5/2/2013 9:23:51 AM
Is there a reason that Europe seems to be so anti-Nintendo for their new console? I know it isn't doing exceptionally well here in America, but it seems like they can't even get rid of them overseas.
#8squatch22Posted 5/2/2013 9:24:23 AM
This is only the 8999th time this topic has been spammed. You trolls are slacking.
---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#9shaunmePosted 5/2/2013 9:26:10 AM
nasumi posted...
Is there a reason that Europe seems to be so anti-Nintendo for their new console? I know it isn't doing exceptionally well here in America, but it seems like they can't even get rid of them overseas.

no advertising
stupid name(people think its a wii ad-on)
no first party games
no third party support
weak and outdated hardware
slow os even after update
butchered and delayed virtual console.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#10nasumiPosted 5/2/2013 9:32:04 AM
no advertising
stupid name(people think its a wii ad-on)
no first party games
no third party support
weak and outdated hardware
slow os even after update
butchered and delayed virtual console.

So basically the same thing as in America then. Guess sales will pick up when they hit the clearance section at Target.