Can't play transferred games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Can't play transferred games?

User Info: Enferolunos

Enferolunos
3 years ago#1
I transferred my games from my Wii to my Wii U months ago, and just recently tried to play LttP, but it wouldn't work. I transferred the data in order to use save files, not specifically for VC games, so I didn't try playing until recently. I bought them on my Wii, transferred them to my SD card, and when I got the Wii U, transferred stuff from my to my Wii U, and now it won't let me play them on my Wii U off my SD card (or let me transfer them to the console itself). Is this a common problem? I tried searching, but didn't see anything.
(And yes, I do mean playing them in the "Wii" mode of the Wii U)
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you

User Info: Aaron44126

Aaron44126
3 years ago#2
If the games were on the SD card, you have to download them from the shop again. (No charge, just a hassle.)

Enferolunos
3 years ago#3
Okay, thanks. Can I then just delete them and use the ones on the card, or do I have to delete the ones on the card and transfer the ones I redownload?
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII

Enferolunos
3 years ago#4
Bump?

User Info: Rival_Blue_1999

Rival_Blue_1999
3 years ago#5
Just delete them and re-download them
Nintendo Network: Jon_14

User Info: AaronPHughes

AaronPHughes
3 years ago#6
same thing happened to me. I had to delete each game and redownload them. I have 50+ games so it was a huge hassle and a pain in the butt.

Recommendation: have a laptop or tablet near by and put on a movie while you do this. It could take a while. :(
Systems Owned - 2600, 5200, NES, NES2, Gameboy, SNES, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Color, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, GBA, DS, DSLite, GBM, Wii, 360, 3DS, Wii U

Enferolunos
3 years ago#7
Okay, thanks. Fortunately, I only have ~10
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Can't play transferred games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived