Can't play transferred games?

#1EnferolunosPosted 5/2/2013 11:59:10 AM(edited)
I transferred my games from my Wii to my Wii U months ago, and just recently tried to play LttP, but it wouldn't work. I transferred the data in order to use save files, not specifically for VC games, so I didn't try playing until recently. I bought them on my Wii, transferred them to my SD card, and when I got the Wii U, transferred stuff from my to my Wii U, and now it won't let me play them on my Wii U off my SD card (or let me transfer them to the console itself). Is this a common problem? I tried searching, but didn't see anything.
(And yes, I do mean playing them in the "Wii" mode of the Wii U)
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#2Aaron44126Posted 5/2/2013 12:04:18 PM
If the games were on the SD card, you have to download them from the shop again. (No charge, just a hassle.)
#3Enferolunos(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 12:05:18 PM
Okay, thanks. Can I then just delete them and use the ones on the card, or do I have to delete the ones on the card and transfer the ones I redownload?
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
#4Enferolunos(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 1:09:55 PM
Bump?
---
#5Rival_Blue_1999Posted 5/2/2013 1:21:38 PM
Just delete them and re-download them
---
Nintendo Network: Jon_14
#6AaronPHughesPosted 5/2/2013 1:24:19 PM
same thing happened to me. I had to delete each game and redownload them. I have 50+ games so it was a huge hassle and a pain in the butt.

Recommendation: have a laptop or tablet near by and put on a movie while you do this. It could take a while. :(
---
Systems Owned - 2600, 5200, NES, NES2, Gameboy, SNES, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Color, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, GBA, DS, DSLite, GBM, Wii, 360, 3DS, Wii U
#7Enferolunos(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 1:25:51 PM
Okay, thanks. Fortunately, I only have ~10
---