Bought a Wii U after an okay windfall.

#1VyersPosted 5/2/2013 2:48:21 PM
Pros:

Nintendo Land is an awesome multi-player game.
New Super Mario Bros. U is a ton of fun compared to the 3DS game, even if only for the Boost Mode.
Nice interface.
Miiverse is really cool.
Good for parties.

Cons:

Sometimes too slow.
eShop is seriously lacking.
Virtual Console so far has been re-releases of the same games you could get for Wii, with nothing yet unique. Mario Party, Mario Party 3, Super Mario World 2, etc.
The two awesome games we played are the only awesome games we played. Need me some Pikmin 3 already.

We'll have to see how it turns out once it gets more games.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#2AkaneJonesPosted 5/2/2013 5:13:36 PM
Vyers posted...

Virtual Console so far has been re-releases of the same games you could get for Wii, with nothing yet unique. Mario Party, Mario Party 3, Super Mario World 2, etc.

Ah, Earthbound is coming. I'll assume what going on means Mega Man 6 is coming to, since it's coming to 3DS and Mega Man is up already. Yoshi Island requires extra programing to make Super FX chip stuff work, and N64 emu hasn't been jumped at for VC conversion(meaning the new emu has yet to be built for it).
#3Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 5:49:05 PM
True, I'm just saying that it's pretty lacking. I wish they had been more prepared.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#4DorotimusWitikPosted 5/5/2013 5:54:12 PM
AkaneJones posted...

Ah, Earthbound is coming. I'll assume what going on means Mega Man 6 is coming to, since it's coming to 3DS and Mega Man is up already. Yoshi Island requires extra programing to make Super FX chip stuff work, and N64 emu hasn't been jumped at for VC conversion(meaning the new emu has yet to be built for it).

Stuff like this is really sad when there are open source emulators that have been doing this sort of thing forever, yet Nintendo still has yet to ever emulate SNES version on anything.

I can play SNES Yoshi's Island on my Wii and it seems to play pretty much perfectly, but Virtual Console has nothing to do with it :P
#5Baha05Posted 5/5/2013 5:59:11 PM
Hopefully VC will get better when it comes to releases. The 3DS I could understand making GB games and stuff work but with the Wii U the releases shouldn't be as pitiful if they are just re-releasing things

Also Vyers note me your N. ID and your 3DS FC : P
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#6overkillwfo1978Posted 5/5/2013 5:59:56 PM
Super Metroid and Earthbound are my next VC purchases. Monster Hunter is currently the best game on the Wii U, hands down. NSMBU is great... one of my favorite current platformers. The system doesn't have a lot of games at the moment, but it has quite a few multiplats that are pretty good if you haven't already played them on other systems.

For me, I have over 250 hours in MH3U. It's one of the best games I've played in the last 5 years for sure.
---
trolling gamefaqs is like farming village great jaggi with g rank weapons-Vandyan
#7dart246Posted 5/5/2013 6:07:04 PM
overkillwfo1978 posted...
Super Metroid and Earthbound are my next VC purchases. Monster Hunter is currently the best game on the Wii U, hands down. NSMBU is great... one of my favorite current platformers. The system doesn't have a lot of games at the moment, but it has quite a few multiplats that are pretty good if you haven't already played them on other systems.

For me, I have over 250 hours in MH3U. It's one of the best games I've played in the last 5 years for sure.

I'm sorry but that says a lot, when an old Wii game rereleased for the 3DS and Wii U is the best game.
---
PSN: VisperCon
Recently sold: Wii U, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Metroid Trilogy.
#8overkillwfo1978Posted 5/5/2013 8:49:52 PM
dart246 posted...

I'm sorry but that says a lot, when an old Wii game rereleased for the 3DS and Wii U is the best game.

I will go even further to say that MH3U is the best current game on the market and my favorite overall game on any platform in the last 3-5 years. No other game on the market would I put almost 300 hours into in under 2 months.

As far as home consoles go, the Wii U has the best current game out there imo.
---
trolling gamefaqs is like farming village great jaggi with g rank weapons-Vandyan
#9TalentedMPosted 5/5/2013 9:25:53 PM
Vyers posted...

We'll have to see how it turns out once it gets more games.

Welcome to the club.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#10MelkacPosted 5/5/2013 9:41:56 PM
dart246 posted...

You mean like how a lot of people say Persona 4G is the best Vita game? (With the best Gamefaqs userscore overall and everything lol)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA