(Hypothetically speaking) If the PS4 was to be priced right at $299.99...

#11TubulaPosted 5/2/2013 4:45:39 PM
Badreview posted...
Tubula posted...
I'd like to think that Sony has learned their lesson regarding pricing, but looking at Vita and the PS4 in general, they probably haven't.

uhh yes they have. VITA wasn't overpriced neither.

Gonna have to disagree with you there. I believe it's quite overpriced, and it's mind boggling to me that it still hasn't gotten a price drop in the west. Let's not forget the fact that you have to buy a memory card just to play games.
---
What is a Mega Man? A miserable little pile of circuits! But enough talk, have at you!
#12clo24Posted 5/2/2013 4:45:59 PM
ITT: Math
#13BadreviewPosted 5/2/2013 4:49:42 PM
Tubula posted...
Badreview posted...
Tubula posted...
I'd like to think that Sony has learned their lesson regarding pricing, but looking at Vita and the PS4 in general, they probably haven't.

Gonna have to disagree with you there. I believe it's quite overpriced, and it's mind boggling to me that it still hasn't gotten a price drop in the west. Let's not forget the fact that you have to buy a memory card just to play games.

For the hardware the handheld console provides it isn't. Memory Cards are cheap...

Vita is pricy for a handheld console, but not overpriced, and it wasn't as ridiculous as they try to sell the PS3 for the low low price of $599.
#14BadreviewPosted 5/2/2013 4:58:44 PM
Tubula posted...
Badreview posted...
Tubula posted...

Never mind I take back what I said. The memory cards are quite expensive. I didn't realize that they used a Different format compared to other SD cards.

Yeah the PSP vita is kind of pricey than.

We shall see how much the PS4 will cost in E3. Most likely it will be in the $400 price range.
#15PendragoonPosted 5/2/2013 5:04:27 PM
Badreview posted...
Pendragoon posted...
Sony could do it, but they would take a $100 loss before retailer margins came into the picture.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/65536233

honestly a 100$ loss per console isn't so bad.

More like $150 per unit since retailers get a wholesale price about 20% below MSRP on average. (even more counting R&D costs that get added in)

The Vita gets a 50% wholesale discount due to the crap software sales in stores for example. Sony would eat $150 Million per million units sold, they want to sell 16 million by April 1st 2014, that is a lot of money to eat in less than a year. On the other hand the price to build them will come down to a near profitable level within the first year.

The Wii U hardware has been sold for a profit since day one, but R&D costs added in made it a loss out the door. Prices to build them should have already come down by a decent amount.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#16thundercat2600Posted 5/2/2013 5:08:09 PM
I think a major price cut for Wii U is inevitable regardless of what price PS4 launches at. Nobody is buying these things for $349 even when there's no competition.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#17CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/2/2013 5:10:47 PM(edited)
Yes, but maybe not right away.

I think by the PS3's launch, the wii U will have a strong enough showing of games to contend.
It might be a better idea to save the price drop for the early summer ( right now ) when the PS4 would be starting to have games of its own.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#18crimsonclaw111Posted 5/2/2013 5:09:33 PM
Nintendo would slash to $99 if things got bad enough. They've done it before.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
#19PUNCHOUT1116Posted 5/2/2013 5:13:21 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
I think a major price cut for Wii U is inevitable regardless of what price PS4 launches at. Nobody is buying these things for $349 even when there's no competition.

Gotta agree with this one
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#20CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/2/2013 5:13:37 PM
crimsonclaw111 posted...
Nintendo would slash to $99 if things got bad enough. They've done it before.

This.

But...
Oh my gosh, things would have to be terrible for that to happen.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656