I am thinking about picking up a WiiU, but wondering about the library

#1asher1611Posted 5/2/2013 5:18:44 PM
I nearly bought one at launch but held off. I was hoping for more games to be released, and what I am seeing right now is that there are some games I am very interested in (MHTri:U) and some games that will come to the system eventually that I'l want to buy (e.g. Monolithsoft).

But if I am to get a WiiU sooner rather than later, I'd like to have something to play in the here and now. Could you recommend 3 non-launch games that I should pick up for the WiiU? I have a good idea of the launch library and what I might want from there, but I haven't paid as much attention since then.

Thanks for your help.
#2thisguy12Posted 5/2/2013 5:20:42 PM
You should wait another week until Microsoft releases the information regarding their newest console.

I have a feeling Nintendo will have a Wii U price cut.
#3TubulaPosted 5/2/2013 5:22:43 PM
Wait my friend. The holiday is when getting one will be worth it.
---
What is a Mega Man? A miserable little pile of circuits! But enough talk, have at you!
#4CharskiPosted 5/2/2013 5:24:02 PM
Any non-launch? Lego City Undercover I heard was a great game, considering bad load times. It offered from what I read a new style of Lego game, and had certain nostalgia factor to it according to some people. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is definitely worth the investment into a Wii U. I wish I could come up with a 3rd game that's available right now, it'd be worthwhile to wait until Pikmin 3 comes out.

Wait until summer for a Wii U is what I'll say.
#5SocranPosted 5/2/2013 5:27:02 PM
Non-launch games worth getting? Well, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Lego City Undercover are the two big ones. (Most people ignored Lego City thinking it'd just be like those generic Lego Star Wars games and such, but apparently it's a completely different style of game with much higher quality and a kid-friendly GTA vibe.) Other people care about things like Injustice and Need For Speed, but... Meh.

Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, and Game & Wario are all coming within 1-3 months as well, but aren't out right now. Plus, I always make sure to tell people not to underestimate Nintendo Land, which is of significantly higher quality than tech demos like Wii Sports (although that also means it loses grandma appeal, which is why it didn't sell as many consoles).
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#6deathwave21Posted 5/2/2013 5:38:25 PM

This is true. But, be advised that Wii U will be very difficult to find at this point. I would suggest purchasing it now, because I don't expect a price drop on this fine machine. Dropping the price would be like saying they have no faith in their product. Expect a bundle to come out for the holidays that actually cost more than the 2 available now.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? If so, contact the Detroit Lakes, Minnesota USMC Recruiting Office
#7icarus231Posted 5/2/2013 5:43:36 PM
deathwave21 posted...

This is true. But, be advised that Wii U will be very difficult to find at this point. I would suggest purchasing it now, because I don't expect a price drop on this fine machine. Dropping the price would be like saying they have no faith in their product. Expect a bundle to come out for the holidays that actually cost more than the 2 available now.

The mario kart u bundle perhaps
#8thisguy12Posted 5/2/2013 5:49:08 PM
deathwave21 posted...

Nintendo had a massive price cut for the 3DS. They have a lot of faith in that console.
#9xChaosLordxPosted 5/2/2013 5:53:51 PM
deathwave21 posted...

There won't be any supply shortages for Wii-U. That much is guaranteed. Wii-Us sitting on the shelves will be like the ugly dog at the dog pound, with lots of other dogs that showed up and got adopted but eventually gets euthanized. I'd imagine if Wii-U sales don't skyrocket this holiday season then Nintendo is gonna pull the plug and cut their losses. Especially of Sony and Microsoft get great sales when they don't.
#10deathwave21Posted 5/2/2013 7:04:02 PM
There won't be any supply shortages for Wii-U. That much is guaranteed. Wii-Us sitting on the shelves will be like the ugly dog at the dog pound, with lots of other dogs that showed up and got adopted but eventually gets euthanized. I'd imagine if Wii-U sales don't skyrocket this holiday season then Nintendo is gonna pull the plug and cut their losses. Especially of Sony and Microsoft get great sales when they don't.

With actual games out for the system this holiday system, there will definitely be a shortage. Sony and M$ new systems will not get great sales this holiday season with all the "big" titles appearing on 360/PS3 and most likely Wii U. Nintendo really has nothing to worry about at this point.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? If so, contact the Detroit Lakes, Minnesota USMC Recruiting Office