Wii U freeze with Injustice Gods Among Us

#1Hikari_YagamiPosted 5/2/2013 4:20:16 PM
just got this game in and now it freezes on the start up screen with the wii u menu music playing, i can power down the system via the power button but the game just refuses to load up
---
"Oh why was I chosen to be the holder of light?" - Hikari Yagami
#2SocranPosted 5/2/2013 4:22:58 PM
Has this happened multiple times? Tell me/us if it happens three times in a row. If it was just once, that's probably random coincidence, if it was twice that's... significantly less likely, but if it happens three times there's almost certainly something that needs fixing.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#3Hikari_Yagami(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 4:28:10 PM
yeah tried it three times in a row and still the same results, I had a similar crash with ZombiU a while back but games like Tekken Tag Tournament 2, New Super Mario U, and Batman Arkham City all worked without a problem
---
#4Dark_Link604Posted 5/2/2013 4:29:41 PM
Sounds like a disc problem then if other games work
---
Currently playing: New Super Mario Bros. U, Injustice: Gods Aong Us, Starcraft II: HotS
#5SocranPosted 5/2/2013 4:37:14 PM
Dark_Link604 posted...

It could also be that something about the game requires something that's not working in his Wii U. I remember my friend had a problem with one of his systems where it couldn't play dual-layered disks. Every other game worked just fine, but it wasn't the disk itself that had the issue.

TC, have you updated your Wii U to the latest version? And made sure there are no scratches on the disk or anything? (Hey, I never said it couldn't be the disk.)
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#6elbarto1Posted 5/2/2013 4:40:53 PM
I've had system freezes w nfsmw and the browser. Never had the freezes happen in the same place/time though.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: bionichrist :NNID: The_B0DY
#7deadANDrottedPosted 5/2/2013 4:40:54 PM
Dark_Link604 posted...

This, I had the same issue with a copy of Scribblenauts. I returned it for a new disc and never had any other problems.
#8Hikari_Yagami(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 4:44:39 PM
Socran posted...
Dark_Link604 posted...

It could also be that something about the game requires something that's not working in his Wii U. I remember my friend had a problem with one of his systems where it couldn't play dual-layered disks. Every other game worked just fine, but it wasn't the disk itself that had the issue.

TC, have you updated your Wii U to the latest version? And made sure there are no scratches on the disk or anything? (Hey, I never said it couldn't be the disk.)

yeah I got an update for the Wii U the other day.
---
#9xChaosLordxPosted 5/2/2013 5:03:47 PM
Call Nintendo and thank them for the update that turned your Wii-U into a useless brick. Don't blame the developer or the disk for Nintendo's shoddy update.
#10Hikari_Yagami(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 5:16:32 PM
xChaosLordx posted...
Call Nintendo and thank them for the update that turned your Wii-U into a useless brick. Don't blame the developer or the disk for Nintendo's shoddy update.

it's not that useless, Nintendoland still works on it
---