Your Controversial Gaming Opinions (What are they?)

#21GeminiX7Posted 5/2/2013 7:28:04 PM
Oh, and the fact that you guys think that saying you hate "FF7, FPS's, and on disc DLC" is controversial, on this website no less, is both laughable and extremely depressing.
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#22TransdudePosted 5/2/2013 7:37:22 PM
Just remembered another one. Game companies skipping the Wii U, but are still making games for every other console, are missing out on a huge investment, and are possibly a bit too prideful.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS Friend Code: 2750-1600-2747 | Nintendo Network ID: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#23lunchEATSyouPosted 5/2/2013 7:43:40 PM
I liked Castlevania: Curse of Darkness more than I did Symphony of the Night
---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#24snae99Posted 5/2/2013 7:46:23 PM
1. Fallout 3 is crap

2. Half Life 2 is overrated. The first game is superior.

3. Oblivion>>Skyrim

4. Bioshock>>Bioshock Infinite

5. Halo C.E. is crap (love the rest of the series though)
---
Currently playing: Dark Souls and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
GOTY so far: Fire Emblem Awakening
#25Oni_TaedoPosted 5/2/2013 8:05:38 PM(edited)
suprsolider posted...

4) Everything Microsoft does is garbage from consoles to computer OS's

We got us a hipster over here!

I'll start with my list.

1) The N64 has two good games (both of them being Perfect Dark and Killer Instinct Gold)
2) The PS1 has absolutely NO games worth playing
3) FFVII is the worst game of ALL time.
4) FFXIII is the second best game in the entire series, and no, I'm not calling it good. It's because the rest of the FF series is trash. Only FF VI was any good.
5) The Sega Saturn is the greatest console ever made.
6) Sony has only ever made 2 consoles. The PS2 was a Capcom console. Just look at all the good games the PS2 has, 90% of them, made by Capcom.
7) The only good FPS ever made is Perfect Dark.
8) Persona is the only series that rivals Final Fantasy in terms of awfulness, with P2 being the lone good game in the whole franchise.
9) Dragon Quest, Pokemon, Zelda, Megaman X Command Mission, and GTA SA are the best RPGs ever made.
10) Arc Sys has yet to make anything that isn't a steaming pile of dung.
11) Resident Evil was never good.
12) Duke Nukem Forever was the best game released in 2011.
13) There were no games worth playing in 2011.
14) The Vita is actually not half bad, it just needs more games, it's a shame that it's doomed to have a piss poor library.
15) New Super Mario Bros. U is the most innovative retail game released in the last year or so, which isn't saying much, as every other game released in the last year or so is either a remake, sequel, or reboot, using mechanics from games that were inspired by the game being rebooted (DMC, Tomb Raider, Hitman etc.).
16) The Xbox Infinite is arguably the dumbest name for a console, since the Atari Jaguar. I hope it fails, so that Tinyflaccid learns that always online, is an awful idea.
17) Shadow of the Colossus was horrendous, and poorly made. Also, incredibly ugly.
18) Skyrim is actually one of the better optimized games on the PS3, as it's frozen up less than anything else I've played, and that's saying a lot, because Skyrim freezes up a lot.
19) I actually like CoD...
20) I bought Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage for 60 bucks, and actually managed to enjoy it, despite it being Dynasty Warriors, except uglier. I liked all the fanservice.
21) I actually play DoA for the depth. It's like a 3D fighter, that plays like a 2D fighter.
22) Injustice is actually much better on the Wii U. I bought it for my PS3, and it's not a constant 60 fps. Yet, on the WiiU, it is. It has better textures too.
23) Dino Crisis is better than RE. Dinosaurs >>>>>> Zombies.
24) Power Stone is better than Smash Bros.
25) The Neo Geo X is the best console of last gen.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#26Rasputin77Posted 5/2/2013 8:28:59 PM
SSJMario posted...
Fighting games don't need story mode. They just need a good netcode.

The only thing you posted was the first thing I thought of. Completely agreed.

There are plenty of other genres that don't need story either, IMHO. Maybe that's because I started gaming in the days of "get the frog across the street", "eat the dots, avoid the ghosts", "fly and don't get hit", "shoot the bugs and avoid the missles", etc.

Nice thread, btw. I'll add:
- The Wii U has been somewhat disappointing. Thank God for MH3U.
- The difference Lunar made between the Sega CD being a hunk of s***, and I system I enjoyed playing games on, is almost too large to imagine.
- Star Wars: Podracing on the N64, with the expansion pack, is one of the best racers ever. WCW/NWO Revenge is one of the best wrestling games.
- Kid Icarus: Uprising controls on the 3DS should have been better. We can flap gums about subjective things like preference all day, but when your game comes with a stand... sorry, but something's just not right.
- 90-95% of people who talk s*** (serious hate - not just play) or send hate-mail online... wouldn't say anything close to what they type, when standing right there next to you at an arcade.
- I hate Q-Bert because I'm bad at it.
- Rock Band is still an amazing party game. And local N64 Goldeneye rivals any local MP I've played on the Wii U so far.
- I find Metal Gear interesting because th-zzz... zzz... zzz...
- Sonic has never been, nor will ever be better than Mario.
- Phantasy Star > Final Fantasy.
---
Wii U board logic: Posting anything that isn't praise = trolling. Defending that action = running to their rescue.
You can't make this s*** up. XD
#27DealerofTruthsPosted 5/2/2013 8:33:42 PM
FF 7 is not half as good as people claim.

I hate sports games

I hate racing games

Graphics don't matter to a game if the story is good/enjoyable.

I wish games were longer than 20 hours like they use to be. (Story wise, not side stuff like farming 500+hours to kill a hidden boss)
---
You just got told the TRUTH!!!
#28Wiiplayer111Posted 5/2/2013 8:56:25 PM
1. Microsoft helped bring every single bad thing to gaming, from paying to play to DLC.

2. I think MGS4 had a good story that people overlook because its easier to laugh at nanomachines and over generalize.

3. The FPS genre is one of the worst genre's in gaming. It really brought games like Deus Ex down.

4. I don't think graphics are important.

5. Resident Evil 4 was the beginning of the end of the series. Yes, its bad.

6. I don't think series like Mario are over used.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#29dsar901Posted 5/2/2013 9:22:04 PM
AwesomePerson99 posted...
Mine are.

1. Skyward Sword is the best Zelda ever.
2. The Chrono series is better than the Final Fantasy series.
3. I enjoyed most of the 3D Sonic games (still didn't enjoy Sonic 06 though)
4. Sonic is better than Mario.
5. Not all games published by EA are crap (Mass Effect and Dragon Age are excellent).

1. Maybe
2. God no
3. haha
4. maybe, atleast the old genesis ones, I think they are funner, hard to say if they are better Mario does have better platforming
5. Maybe not all, SSX was fun and Alice Madness Returns, ME series was good untill terrible ending and Kingdoms of Amalur is great RPG and Shadows of damned is fun and interesting hooror shooting game.
#30ParapsychePosted 5/2/2013 9:34:47 PM
snae99 posted...
2. Half Life 2 is overrated. The first game is superior.

This. I'll take HL1 over HL2 anyday.

Also I hate FF7, and I think Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are overrated.