Opening up and setting up my system 5 months after it was purchased...

#1SasquatchimoPosted 5/2/2013 7:27:34 PM
Let's hope nothing is wrong with it because I can't return it now that 5 months has elapsed.

Anyway, pretty impressed with the gamepad. It's an attractive gimmick.

By the way, what's up with the update? Ps3 and xbox both take at most 5 minutes to update. What's wrong with Nintendo? is this a 1 gig update or something? Seriously. What's up? Why is it taking more than 10 minutes?
---
I am dumbfounded at how many people still don't know how to use google or the internet.
#2ballermat982Posted 5/2/2013 7:30:43 PM
I just have to say that this is really idiotic. I mean if I buy anything electronic, I immediately check to make sure it works so I can return it right away if it doesn't.
#3DUBTunerPosted 5/2/2013 7:31:14 PM
Why are you opening it up after only 5 months you purchased it? Why not right away like Sony and Microsoft? Seriously, why did it take more than 10 minutes?
---
"Let me explain the difference between you and me: you watch Star Trek, I live it."
Howard Wolowitz
#4DruidMettoolPosted 5/2/2013 7:31:25 PM
But think of all the great Wii U games that came out in the last five months that you can enjoy now! Like...

...uh...

#5IlikeBacon16Posted 5/2/2013 7:31:26 PM
You waited that long to open up? Kind of hard to believe. Anyway, you are downloading at least 4 updates in one then. First update was over 3 GB I believe. Latest one was pretty decent in size too.
#6elbarto1Posted 5/2/2013 7:31:48 PM
Nintendo's online infrastructure isn't really cutting edge. I agree that the updates take forever. Then take another forever to install. You might need to do 2 updates unless they slipstreamed them. In which case you're looking at 2hrs of update/installing.

I can't defend Nintendo in this area. The download times are horrendous compared to the competition.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: bionichrist :NNID: The_B0DY
#7Sasquatchimo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 7:34:48 PM
I pre-ordered the system with pikmin 3 as a release game. And I didn't keep up with the news. Nintendo pulled a fast one on me. So the system just sat. Then my brother bought the system a few days ago with MH3U, so that gave me an excuse to finally open up the system.

Actually now that I think about it, its been 6 months.
---
I am dumbfounded at how many people still don't know how to use google or the internet.
#8RetroFanGirlPosted 5/2/2013 7:35:33 PM
elbarto1 posted...
Nintendo's online infrastructure isn't really cutting edge. I agree that the updates take forever. Then take another forever to install. You might need to do 2 updates unless they slipstreamed them. In which case you're looking at 2hrs of update/installing.

I can't defend Nintendo in this area. The download times are horrendous compared to the competition.

Sony's seems pretty horrible too. I dread any updates.
---
Hi.
#9geneticsftwPosted 5/2/2013 9:16:32 PM
---
Sweet
#10TheCelticArcherPosted 5/2/2013 9:18:54 PM
RetroFanGirl posted...
elbarto1 posted...

Sony's seems pretty horrible too. I dread any updates.

Agreed, especially game updates. They always download so slowly, then for a ton of games, you have to install them.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Sleeping Dogs (PS3), Banjo-Kazooie (360), Darksiders II (Wii U), & Need for Speed Most Wanted U.