How come we expect innovation from video games, but not other games?

#1darkqueenhelbaPosted 5/2/2013 8:55:39 PM
Like certain sports for instance. Football is always the same game. Why don't we innovate these kinds of games? Instead of the traditional football the players have throw about the ball with an explosive device on the inside.Or whatever...use your imagination. It just seems weird to me where expectations meet and end with society. It seems very irrational to me.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#2sonic777Posted 5/2/2013 9:06:55 PM

Have you watched sports at all in the past 15 years?

The NFL today is very different than it was and yes, the game evolves.

You are VERY desperate.
---
squatch22 = defeated
#3FatalyzePosted 5/2/2013 9:13:39 PM
Because sports are the same game they've always been. Every new video game is exactly that: a NEW game. Go play a game you used to play in your childhood. Has that game changed? No, its exactly the same as it used to be. Plus, A sport is different from a video game. Sports are defined by their rules. You can't just make new rules without deviating from the standard, "main" way of playing. With video games, its different. Developers can make their game do anything they want. They don't have to follow rules, especially since the game they make is a NEW game, and not something already established.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3024-5304-6395
Nintendo Network ID: Fatalyze666
#4darkqueenhelba(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 9:15:00 PM
Fatalyze posted...
Because sports are the same game they've always been. Every new video game is exactly that: a NEW game. Go play a game you used to play in your childhood. Has that game changed? No, its exactly the same as it used to be. Plus, A sport is different from a video game. Sports are defined by their rules. You can't just make new rules without deviating from the standard, "main" way of playing. With video games, its different. Developers can make their game do anything they want. They don't have to follow rules, especially since the game they make is a NEW game, and not something already established.

Haven't the rules been slightly altered over time for these games though? I don't see how it's any different really.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#5biggy204Posted 5/2/2013 9:54:54 PM
They do, do something different then regular sports games, ummmm Mario Strikers, Mario All Stars Sport Mix, Mario Olympics yes they did the whole use stuff instead of the regular sports games.

And they even tried some games outside of their sports, like the SNES's Michael Jordan Chaos in the Windy City, and Shaq-Fu lol so the sports games just stick to their same formula because it sells. Simple.
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else
#6Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 5/2/2013 10:14:17 PM
TC has obviously never played a sport in his life. What a ridiculous topic.

inb4 hurr durr ur topics are ridiculous kirbyfan! I'm so clever for posting this!
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg