Video games get criticised for no innovation, while movies get a free pass?

#1MilesTeg420Posted 5/2/2013 8:21:04 PM
Topic.

When's the last time you said "You know what? I've played this crap before".

Then you said "I can't wait for the new Iron Man movie".

Stop ruining everything guys. Just admit you like sequels and we can all be on our way. Stop being a pretender and admit the sad truth! You're no better than the average summer blockbuster!
#2darkqueenhelbaPosted 5/2/2013 8:23:05 PM
I say the same thing about movies and books. I've watched everything, I've read everything, I've played everything. The medium doesn't really matter. It's just a constant cycle of the same thing.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#3SychinLegacyPosted 5/2/2013 8:24:44 PM
Actually I've heard a lot of people over the last fifteen years say that hollywood doesnt have any original ideas left.
#4kaliskonigPosted 5/2/2013 8:34:15 PM
Like the above has said Hollywood has been under heavy critique for quite some time. mostly for franchise whoring, tons of remakes instead of new films, most movies being based on another source like books, rebooting a franchise.

I can't say the same for literature as i dont keep in touch with the medium.unless comics count. I dobt even wanna get started on those.
#5Dr_FacerPosted 5/2/2013 8:38:33 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Topic.

When's the last time you said "You know what? I've played this crap before".

Then you said "I can't wait for the new Iron Man movie".

Stop ruining everything guys. Just admit you like sequels and we can all be on our way. Stop being a pretender and admit the sad truth! You're no better than the average summer blockbuster!

Hollywood hasn't been original in over fifty years, all they do is follow whatever trend it's popular and crap a million clones of the film that started the trend. Also movies aren't interactive like games are, which means the window for making a game original is wider than the one about making films.

Both are means of entertainment, but they are still very different.
#6DucePosted 5/2/2013 8:46:40 PM
Hollywood has been creatively bankrupt for years everything now is just sequels with the next steroid dude.
#7RetroFanGirlPosted 5/2/2013 9:12:00 PM
Oh, interesting. I say the exact same things for movies and music. K, bye.
wubwubwubwub *explosions* Transformers 5
---
Hi.
#8Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 5/2/2013 9:12:01 PM
You must not read much abut movies because people have been saying this for years.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg