If Nintendo censors Fire Emblem bikinis what makes you think Bayonetta 2 won't?

#1gfaqsterPosted 5/3/2013 2:20:06 AM
http://kotaku.com/the-ass-nintendo-doesnt-want-you-to-see-487825312

So Nintendo is censoring a bikini in a T rated game.
Who knows what they will do to Bayonetta 2 to make it playable for the kiddy 6 year old audience.

remove all swears so instead of f***, s*** and damn we get flop, stupid and darn.
no more blood but have red colored rings come out of enemies.
no more religious references and symbolism.
words like Holy get changed to Pearl, God gets changed to The man, crosses and things are erased and changed with random statues.

special kills and nudity are cut but have a huge black wave of hair cover the entire tv screen and you can only hear noises.

I'm sorry but I just don't trust Nintendo with M rated or even T rated games.
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#2crimsonclaw111Posted 5/3/2013 2:21:50 AM
You entire argument is invalid because Bayonetta 2 is already M rated.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
#3cybersonic233Posted 5/3/2013 2:21:52 AM
The 2 games are aimed at different age ranges
#4RahzarXPosted 5/3/2013 2:25:07 AM
Fire Emblem - T Rating
Bayonetta 2 - M Rating

Andddddd its gone
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#5dsar901Posted 5/3/2013 2:25:40 AM
There's really NOTHING anyone here can say because we don't know if Nintendo will censor it. being fair, Nintendo didn't censor No More Heroes. But they didn't own or publish that game. THEy did censor Mortal Kombat on the SNES of coarse most gamers here haven't even been born when the SNES vs Genesis war was still raging, but that was actually a huge deal back then. Nintendo had the reputation of being pansies even back in the NES gen, I don't know if they have changed much
#6gfaqster(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 2:26:41 AM
crimsonclaw111 posted...
You entire argument is invalid because Bayonetta 2 is already M rated.

Fire Emblem was already T rated but all the content they cut would make it an E rated game.

So Bayonetta 2 may be rated M but all the content they censor could just be equivalent to a T rating.

FF7 had a T rating and well that game had plenty of sexual and suggestive situations that made it a T rating.
If you took all those out and the swears and violence well it could have been rated E.

Same goes for Fire Emblem.

>removing curses where the jp versions said s***
>removing implied rape, incest and pedo undertones in the jp versions
>removing certain sexually suggestive images or dialogue

yet the game still got a T rating so they should have just left it all in.
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#7AwesomeOSaucePosted 5/3/2013 2:28:13 AM
dsar901 posted...
There's really NOTHING anyone here can say because we don't know if Nintendo will censor it. being fair, Nintendo didn't censor No More Heroes. But they didn't own or publish that game. THEy did censor Mortal Kombat on the SNES of coarse most gamers here haven't even been born when the SNES vs Genesis war was still raging, but that was actually a huge deal back then. Nintendo had the reputation of being pansies even back in the NES gen, I don't know if they have changed much

Nintendo censored No More Heroes wii in Europe and apparently in Japan too.
They didn't get blood.

only NA got blood.

but the released PS3 version had blood for all regions of the game.
---
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^
#8crimsonclaw111Posted 5/3/2013 2:30:52 AM
Fire Emblem was already T rated but all the content they cut would make it an E rated game.

So Bayonetta 2 may be rated M but all the content they censor could just be equivalent to a T rating.

FF7 had a T rating and well that game had plenty of sexual and suggestive situations that made it a T rating.
If you took all those out and the swears and violence well it could have been rated E.

Laws and customs are different in Japan. From what I've heard, there is no cursing in Japan, just crude terms.

Also, the left the bit in about some character's "boingy parts". Furthermore, Bayonetta is about slaying angels. That isn't magically changing just because Nintendo is publishing, as Platinum is still developing.

Also Nintendo didn't censor Ninja Gaiden 3, even though limbs fly everywhere and Ayane is nearly naked at times.
---
#9HellsingOrgPosted 5/3/2013 2:35:22 AM
crimsonclaw111 posted...

Laws and customs are different in Japan. From what I've heard, there is no cursing in Japan, just crude terms.

Also, the left the bit in about some character's "boingy parts". Furthermore, Bayonetta is about slaying angels. That isn't magically changing just because Nintendo is publishing, as Platinum is still developing.

Also Nintendo didn't censor Ninja Gaiden 3, even though limbs fly everywhere and Ayane is nearly naked at times.

yet on 3ds they censored Kasumi's leg

http://kotaku.com/5784697/american-censors-cover-up-dead-or-alives-shameful-inner-thigh

so I guess Nintendo is ok with violence but not ok with certain skimpy clothed women?
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#10crimsonclaw111Posted 5/3/2013 2:38:03 AM
yet on 3ds they censored Kasumi's leg

http://kotaku.com/5784697/american-censors-cover-up-dead-or-alives-shameful-inner-thigh

so I guess Nintendo is ok with violence but not ok with certain skimpy clothed women?

3DS title is rated teen.
---