If Nintendo censors Fire Emblem bikinis what makes you think Bayonetta 2 won't?

#81DavCubePosted 5/5/2013 7:27:49 PM
gfaqster posted...
crimsonclaw111 posted...
You entire argument is invalid because Bayonetta 2 is already M rated.

Fire Emblem was already T rated but all the content they cut would make it an E rated game.

So Bayonetta 2 may be rated M but all the content they censor could just be equivalent to a T rating.

FF7 had a T rating and well that game had plenty of sexual and suggestive situations that made it a T rating.
If you took all those out and the swears and violence well it could have been rated E.

Same goes for Fire Emblem.

>removing curses where the jp versions said s***
>removing implied rape, incest and pedo undertones in the jp versions
>removing certain sexually suggestive images or dialogue

yet the game still got a T rating so they should have just left it all in.

-All they COULD take out VS all they WILL take out, which probably won't be much. This isn't the 90s anymore, they haven't been that stringent in a very long time. The bikini thing for FE11 is something that barely anyone would even notice anyways.

-What does FF7 have to do with anything?

-"Cursing," in the conventional sense, pretty much doesn't exist within the japanese language. Learn your moonspeak.
-There's still plenty left over anyway. Why do you think non-het ships are so prevalent in the fandom of FE9/10?
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#82Canas_RenvallPosted 5/5/2013 7:45:27 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
crimsonclaw111 posted...

Yeah, Nintendo has never censored an M rated game before....

When have they? :P

In some cases it was Nintendo that was the only one who didn't censor an M rated game, such as the famous BMX XXX example.
---
I don't see Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony. I see Mario, Zelda, Uncharted, Resident Evil, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, etc. Play games, not companies.
#83AwesomeOSaucePosted 5/6/2013 10:30:25 AM
DavCube posted...
gfaqster posted...
crimsonclaw111 posted...

Fire Emblem was already T rated but all the content they cut would make it an E rated game.

So Bayonetta 2 may be rated M but all the content they censor could just be equivalent to a T rating.

FF7 had a T rating and well that game had plenty of sexual and suggestive situations that made it a T rating.
If you took all those out and the swears and violence well it could have been rated E.

-All they COULD take out VS all they WILL take out, which probably won't be much. This isn't the 90s anymore, they haven't been that stringent in a very long time. The bikini thing for FE11 is something that barely anyone would even notice anyways.

-What does FF7 have to do with anything?

-"Cursing," in the conventional sense, pretty much doesn't exist within the japanese language. Learn your moonspeak.
-There's still plenty left over anyway. Why do you think non-het ships are so prevalent in the fandom of FE9/10?

lol arguing semantics and using terms like moonspeak...
just to but in but profanity DOES exist in Japan.
---
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^
#84ukokira1Posted 5/6/2013 11:09:24 AM
Canas_Renvall posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
crimsonclaw111 posted...

Yeah, Nintendo has never censored an M rated game before....

When have they? :P

In some cases it was Nintendo that was the only one who didn't censor an M rated game, such as the famous BMX XXX example.

Mortal Kombat? Thats when everyone lost their **** about it. Then they released the best gersoon after that.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#85Emperor_mateusPosted 5/6/2013 11:18:48 AM
Why does a covered up butt prove that Nintendo is still censor crazy? Awakening has creepy incestuous bandit twins, a picture of Cordelia where her swimsuit falls of and more things which aren't very kiddy.

Sure the censorship wasn't necessary, but its hardly something to complain about.
---
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...
#86TcidenebTPosted 5/6/2013 11:22:25 AM
I am sorry if this has been mentioned before but didn't gamecube have a game called BMX XXX, which had topless women.
#87Faceman_Posted 5/6/2013 12:24:07 PM
gfaqster posted...
crimsonclaw111 posted...

To be fair, I can see why Nintendo censored most of those points. People would flip out.

They are fine however with reality shows of Tara Reid in a downward spiral every day of her life hoping to make money should she pass away. Glorifying childhood obesity and mothers living vicariously through their daughters. Or rednecks getting drunk and then dying because of their own stupidity and acting like it's the biggest tragedy since 9-11. Those are the only acceptable taboos in America...
#88SkyCrackersPosted 5/6/2013 2:20:46 PM
Why would Nintendo censor Bayonetta? It's racy content is one of it's key characteristics, and they know the game wouldn't sell if they made Platinum tone it down. The game is rated M and anyone who buys it will know what they're getting. Fire Emblem is a bit of a different situation. First of all, it's rated Teen, and I could easily see a parent buying it for a young child. Secondly, the ass shot was not important to the game in any way whatsoever.

But still, their decision to censor the picture is puzzling. It's just a freaking bikini. I wonder if it had anything to do with the ESRB? As in, the content description for the original game didn't include "suggestive themes" or whatever, so they couldn't release DLC for the game containing suggestive content? Ehh... probably just Nintendo freaking out.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#89GuitaristMattPosted 5/6/2013 2:24:08 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#90_FalstaffPosted 5/6/2013 2:24:50 PM
Different cultures, different cultural standards. I am shocked an horrified at this revelation.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.