Is Zelda really Retro's project and Nintendo is trolling us?

#1MilesTeg420Posted 5/3/2013 9:45:31 AM(edited)
On that supposedly leaked list, new Zelda was there. This one's kinda iffy because ALTTP 2 was shown.

The demo of Zelda at E3 2011 may have been further along than we thought. No mention of it since.

Nintendo says they won't let Zelda development leave Japan, yet they gave Metroid and Donkey Kong to Retro. Is it really that unlikely given Zelda appeals more to the West anyway?

Nintendo has released new Zelda with an old Zelda on disc before. The Wind Waker HD is a thing. Maybe they were planning on releasing this new Zelda around now, and "it will be some time before the next Zelda" really means the game got delayed. Would also partially explain the drought, and Nintendo has released big games in March/April/May before. Wind Waker HD being done as a gift of sorts to make up for the delay.

Nintendo needs a bomb to drop. This would be a big one. Retro's project has been in complete lockdown as this would be huge. This would be one of the biggest suprises in recent times in the video game world.

Rumors of increased retail and industry interest may not be occurring just because 3D Mario and Mario Kart. A near finished Zelda in addition to those titles would spark that for sure though.

I know it's not gonna happen but it would be an epic troll if true. And it would be awesome.
#2Zero280Posted 5/3/2013 9:45:37 AM
http://i.minus.com/i8Zf6cuQXjEBn.gif
---
3DS Friend Code 5069-3942-1786
#3Pete41608Posted 5/3/2013 9:46:44 AM
People ask 'What Do You Want For Wii U?'

I want the greatest Zelda to date!
---
Wii U/PSN: Pete41608
3DS: 1203-9244-2418
#4vidalmorazaPosted 5/3/2013 9:46:44 AM
I think time is what make you think Zelda is not the Retro game, Iwata said the new Zelda is still very far away, and Retro game has been in development to at least be out this year or next one, Zelda Wii U sounds like is gonna be like 2015 or something....

But even then, by this point, Retro could be doing anything Nintendo related right now, even a Zelda game...
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#5Virus66Posted 5/3/2013 9:59:18 AM
Well, seeing as Aonuma is working on Zelda U, I highly doubt that Retro is working on it also. And Retro specifically said they were "too busy to work on Zelda". Granted that could be a ruse, but Nintendo traditionally doesn't do things like that. They are more often upfront about what they are working on.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
I'm a living contradiction. I own a PS3 and a Wii U. A 3DS and a Vita. And the catch to that? I enjoy them all!
#6P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 5/3/2013 10:04:11 AM
In a recent Nintendo Direct they specified that Aonuma was working on it with his standard team and they are exploring ways to expand the series
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Rayman Legends
#7SlimeSwayzePosted 5/3/2013 10:32:06 AM
I know it's a longshot, but I'm really hoping they're working on the new Mario. With recent rumblings saying that the game might release this year, with the knowledge that Retro has been working on their game a long time, and with my own personal opinion that Retro is the most consistent and capable developer Nintendo has at the moment, I am just really hoping that Nintendo went out on a limb and let Retro develop the new 3D Mario. I have a lot of concerns about the game right now that would be alleviated if I knew Retro was the developer.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#8AndyliiniPosted 5/3/2013 10:38:02 AM
Now that Nintendo owns Project Zero IP, Retro could be working on that one with Tecmo.

Or maybe not.
#9IokuaPosted 5/3/2013 10:40:37 AM
Andyliini posted...
Now that Nintendo owns Project Zero IP, Retro could be working on that one with Tecmo.

Or maybe not.

Nintendo does not own the Project Zero IP, they only have a stake in it.

I doubt the unknown Retro game is Zelda, as we're already getting Wind Waker HD and a new one one for the 3DS later in the year, and Nintendo has stated that they'll be revealing the Retro title soon. Given their philosophy of announcing games and not making people wait years for them, I doubt we'd be seeing it even if it was the case.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#10MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 12:10:56 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
In a recent Nintendo Direct they specified that Aonuma was working on it with his standard team and they are exploring ways to expand the series

That's the thing. They are trolling us...Aonuma is working on the next Zelda from Japan...

Just kidding obviously.