I like how it takes 3 hours to download and install a 700 MB system update.

#21Wiiplayer111Posted 5/3/2013 2:11:58 PM
The latest update for me was 40 minutes. But I was running four other things online. The other updates were 20 minutes or less.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#22Tom_Green_IIPosted 5/3/2013 2:14:15 PM
sometimes it takes longer.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUFe5LpffHs
#23RahzarXPosted 5/3/2013 2:43:58 PM
Virus66 posted...
RahzarX posted...
Virus66 posted...
I have a 3G connection. It's horribly unreliable for those who don't know and will quite frequently drop to dialup speeds... and I downloaded the update within 3 hours.

lol you have mobile internet? in your home? that you use on your consoles?

either that or you have no idea what 3G is.

No, I know perfectly what 3G is. There is nothing beyond dialup out where my folks live so they have a Sprint 3G dongle you plug into your computer via USB and it also broadcasts wifi so my consoles can pick up on it to. It's pretty crappy but it's better than the 56k dialup.

duuuude, i feel bad for you

where is this place that still uses dial up? that is insane
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#24Virus66Posted 5/3/2013 3:03:57 PM
RahzarX posted...
Virus66 posted...
RahzarX posted...
Virus66 posted...
I have a 3G connection. It's horribly unreliable for those who don't know and will quite frequently drop to dialup speeds... and I downloaded the update within 3 hours.

lol you have mobile internet? in your home? that you use on your consoles?

either that or you have no idea what 3G is.

No, I know perfectly what 3G is. There is nothing beyond dialup out where my folks live so they have a Sprint 3G dongle you plug into your computer via USB and it also broadcasts wifi so my consoles can pick up on it to. It's pretty crappy but it's better than the 56k dialup.

duuuude, i feel bad for you

where is this place that still uses dial up? that is insane

Parts of western Michigan. There is broadband on pretty much every surround road, it just doesn't go down the private road the house is on. They already said to the owners of the three houses that it would cost them 15K to put the necessary wire to each of the three places and that they didn't find it to be worth the cost. Luckily, I'm moving soon so I won't have to put up with it.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
I'm a living contradiction. I own a PS3 and a Wii U. A 3DS and a Vita. And the catch to that? I enjoy them all!
#25jackorhoadsPosted 5/3/2013 3:04:50 PM
It only took me about 25 mins. I think the problem is with your internet.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#26YeloazndevilPosted 5/3/2013 4:27:22 PM(edited)
only took 8 minutes to download the day it came out and on wi-fi
---
GT/PSN/NNID: Yeloazndevil
#27b1gt0nePosted 5/3/2013 4:29:18 PM
Dial up FTL :/
#28MrMacgamerPosted 5/3/2013 4:30:53 PM
ZeroRaider posted...
Well, I finally decided to dust off the Wii U and update to 3.0. I don't really know why. It's going to be turned off until the end of the year anyways.

Why do you own a Wii U if you are leaving it turned off for 7 months or more?
---
Lazy = Not doing something yourself.
Stupid = Having intelligence but choosing not to exercise the right decision.
#29vidalmorazaPosted 5/3/2013 4:32:02 PM
I have a very slow internet speed, around 4 megs, and I did it in 1 hour, all the process...
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#30egglinkPosted 5/3/2013 4:35:17 PM
That sounds like a you problem.
---
Needs more Ice type, and Dragons are the devil.