Is metroid prime trilogy worth the trouble?

#1TheBigHairyDudePosted 5/3/2013 2:26:04 PM
Those games were my childhood, and I would love to have this trilogy, but at $120 for used copies on ebay, I am not sure if it is worth it.
#2Beatperson14Posted 5/3/2013 2:28:04 PM
You could probably buy them cheaper separately...
#3crimsonclaw111Posted 5/3/2013 2:28:05 PM
It's an amazing collection for sure, but $120 isn't worth it unless you're the seller. Just get the original games for like $25 altogether and call it a day.

Though I'll say the Wiimote scheme is pure amazingness.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
#4sunK1DPosted 5/3/2013 2:30:53 PM
I personally wouldn't pay $120 for it.

It's like the damn component cables for the GC, you kinda have to love the system to justify shelling out $150 on the damn cables.
#5GeminiX7Posted 5/3/2013 2:38:44 PM
Gamestop sells it for cheaper, I believe like 50-80 or something. Issue is that I dont think it's available online, so you have to luck out and find a store in a reasonable distance from your house that carries it using the Locator.

I had the game once, metal case included. But while I was on a trip my apartment was robbed. Stole my 360, my laptop, my external hard drive and miraculously left my Wii and its games alone...

...except for Metroid Prime Trilogy. I don't know what upset me more, having my hard drive stolen(had about 700-800 pages of writing as well as months worth of music and movies collected over about 5 years) or MPT stolen(easily my favorite Wii title)
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#6nonexistingheroPosted 5/3/2013 2:47:02 PM
crimsonclaw111 posted...
It's an amazing collection for sure, but $120 isn't worth it unless you're the seller. Just get the original games for like $25 altogether and call it a day.

Wii U can't play GC games so it can only play 1 &2 from the collection
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#7excitebike64Posted 5/3/2013 2:52:51 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
crimsonclaw111 posted...

That was very touche. Pretty damn good point actually for people without a GC.
#8crimsonclaw111Posted 5/3/2013 2:58:59 PM

I did forget about this small issue but I figured that he'd have at least a Wii or a GC seeing as they were his favorite games.

TC if you only have a Wii U you're screwed unless you pay up. The longer you wait the worse it gets too.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
#9Numbuh100Posted 5/3/2013 3:00:30 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10DrumguyPosted 5/3/2013 3:13:22 PM(edited)
nonexistinghero posted...
crimsonclaw111 posted...

Don't you mean it can't play 1&2?

I wouldn't mind an HD remake of MPT. I'd buy it if it were $59.99 or cheaper - I mean it's three games.
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl