Even Madden won't come to the Wii U?

#11The Wheelman1Posted 5/3/2013 2:40:43 PM
xanthan1 posted...
It's Madden, who cares. Each game is pretty much just a yearly update with a fullgame price tag.

---
XBox Live GT: MastaMez
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheWheelman1
#12emmonshPosted 5/3/2013 2:41:49 PM
userfrigginame posted...
Uhhh, Madden doesn't come out once every 7 years. Just cuz it skips a year for a console doesn't mean it's out for good.

ea loses rights to nfl this year and they dont have money to renew it. tiger woods has already announced that for now 2014 is the last tiger woods. madden sucks. been a bad job for the last 5 years. the wii u has mario3d,101,windwalker,mario cart all coming this year. you call it a flop? you guys are trolls and idiots.
#13SAMCROftw(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 4:56:36 PM
emmonsh posted...
userfrigginame posted...
Uhhh, Madden doesn't come out once every 7 years. Just cuz it skips a year for a console doesn't mean it's out for good.

ea loses rights to nfl this year and they dont have money to renew it. tiger woods has already announced that for now 2014 is the last tiger woods. madden sucks. been a bad job for the last 5 years. the wii u has mario3d,101,windwalker,mario cart all coming this year. you call it a flop? you guys are trolls and idiots.

What is "windwalker?" Oh, you mean that HD remake of a GC Zelda game? Lol and you called us idiots...
#14SAMCROftw(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 10:41:11 PM
flop
#15WindGodXPosted 5/4/2013 12:17:04 AM
I think the only way I can respond to people calling the system a flop is with a story.

I was walking through the countryside one afternoon, and I saw five men holding up a large boulder over their heads. They were all content to hold it, and with all of them together, they had no problem keeping it aloft. They looked like they could hold it there for years. But suddenly, one of the men turns to the others and says, "I really don't think this boulder is going to stay up. I don't think there are enough of us here," and he steps to the side and watches the other four, quite confused by his suggestion, shift their weight around to keep the boulder up. Soon after, a second man looks to the others and says, "It does seem heavier now, I think it's going to fall," and he leaves, too. The other three manage to keep the boulder up, but I could tell they were starting to feel a little bit of the weight of it. After a few minutes, one of the three remaining men says, "Okay, I stuck with you guys this far, but I think those other two guys leaving is a sign that this thing will fall, I just know it," and he joins the two men who had left the group before him. With just two men left, the weight of the boulder is starting to become more apparent. One of them says, "Look, I really believed in you, but I think it's time to move on. This thing is getting too heavy," and he lets go, too. With just the one man left struggling to support the boulder, eventually he says, "I can't do this on my own! I need some support here! There's no way I can carry this all by myself," and before he collapses under the weight, he manages to throw the boulder aside. The first man who left then turns to him and says, "See? I knew it was going to fall! I made the right call leaving when I did."

Brownie points if you can correctly label the different parts of the metaphor.
---
Paper Bowser can breath fire. While underwater.
PSN: Fatal_Gear
#16TalentedMPosted 5/4/2013 12:23:50 AM
WindGodX posted...
I think the only way I can respond to people calling the system a flop is with a story.

I was walking through the countryside one afternoon, and I saw five men holding up a large boulder over their heads. They were all content to hold it, and with all of them together, they had no problem keeping it aloft. They looked like they could hold it there for years. But suddenly, one of the men turns to the others and says, "I really don't think this boulder is going to stay up. I don't think there are enough of us here," and he steps to the side and watches the other four, quite confused by his suggestion, shift their weight around to keep the boulder up. Soon after, a second man looks to the others and says, "It does seem heavier now, I think it's going to fall," and he leaves, too. The other three manage to keep the boulder up, but I could tell they were starting to feel a little bit of the weight of it. After a few minutes, one of the three remaining men says, "Okay, I stuck with you guys this far, but I think those other two guys leaving is a sign that this thing will fall, I just know it," and he joins the two men who had left the group before him. With just two men left, the weight of the boulder is starting to become more apparent. One of them says, "Look, I really believed in you, but I think it's time to move on. This thing is getting too heavy," and he lets go, too. With just the one man left struggling to support the boulder, eventually he says, "I can't do this on my own! I need some support here! There's no way I can carry this all by myself," and before he collapses under the weight, he manages to throw the boulder aside. The first man who left then turns to him and says, "See? I knew it was going to fall! I made the right call leaving when I did."

Storytime with WindGodX. I loved it.

Though as I just replied in another madden thread, it is only Madden they aren't releasing this year (and again, not releasing a game isn't a big deal, it is!) but they aren't pulling all support with nintendo.

"We will not be releasing a Wii U version of Madden NFL in 2013. However, we have a strong partnership with Nintendo and will continue to evaluate opportunities for delivering additional Madden NFL products for Nintendo fans in the future."

That is the quote from them. It says nothing about totally backing out and even gives reassurance to those NFL/Nintendo fans that they will look for other "opportunities" with Nintendo and they have a "strong partnership" with them.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#17deathslovePosted 5/4/2013 1:08:44 AM(edited)
The Wheelman1 posted...
xanthan1 posted...
It's Madden, who cares. Each game is pretty much just a yearly update with a fullgame price tag.

Yea, it is kind of like mario games...oh wait those come out more than once a year.
#18BadreviewPosted 5/4/2013 1:28:46 AM
TalentedM posted...
WindGodX posted...

Though as I just replied in another madden thread, it is only Madden they aren't releasing this year (and again, not releasing a game isn't a big deal, it is!) but they aren't pulling all support with nintendo.

"We will not be releasing a Wii U version of Madden NFL in 2013. However, we have a strong partnership with Nintendo and will continue to evaluate opportunities for delivering additional Madden NFL products for Nintendo fans in the future."

That is the quote from them. It says nothing about totally backing out and even gives reassurance to those NFL/Nintendo fans that they will look for other "opportunities" with Nintendo and they have a "strong partnership" with them.

which is why frostbite engine 3 won't be compatible with Wiiu.
#19TalentedMPosted 5/4/2013 1:34:19 AM(edited)
Badreview posted...

which is why frostbite engine 3 won't be compatible with Wiiu.

Update: Speaking with Engadget, Epic's Mark Rein doubled back on his previous comments to IGN concerning Wii U and Unreal Engine 4. "If someone wants to take Unreal Engine 4 and ship a game on Wii U, they can," Rein said. "If they wanna ship an Unreal Engine 4 game on Xbox 360, they could make it happen." The scalable nature of Unreal Engine means we'll see it running in browsers and mobile in the future -- and maybe current-gen consoles as well. Why Rein denied it so aggressively in the first place isn't certain.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/29/unreal-engine-4-frostbite-3-will-not-support-wii-u

About that...
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#20WindGodXPosted 5/4/2013 1:46:04 AM
TalentedM posted...

Okay, that's good to know. Personally I don't follow much game news / politics in depth, but I pick up on things secondhand from friends and the like, and I've heard rumors that several developers were looking to jump ship on the Wii U for, what you can probably guess from my post, I see as utterly asinine reasons. I don't know if the rumors were true or not, but I think the Vita ran into a situation like I described and it'd be a shame for this or any other console to go the same route. If developers are complaining that no one is buying the system, maybe they should look in a mirror to figure out the cause. If you build it, they will come: BE the system seller, instead of just complaining that no one is unqeustioningly buying a console that you've failed to give them a reason to buy. That's like opening a library without any books, and then citing lack of patrons as the reason you don't add books to your collection. That frame of mind is so inconceivably backward it defies all explanation. As a Vita owner, it's frustrating. I love the system, but games are few and far between.
---
Paper Bowser can breath fire. While underwater.
PSN: Fatal_Gear