What do you think Retro Studios has been working on and what would you like?

#31LovelyLady992Posted 5/3/2013 9:44:24 PM
Nerreltron9000 posted...
TurkeyPots posted...

Retro Studios has not worked on Metroid since 2009 or technically 2007 since Trilogy was just updating the 3 previously made titles into one disc package for the wii.

Yeah, but they've only done one game since then. Not exactly a giant breather after nearly a decade of the same series.

I'd be overjoyed for Metroid Prime 4, but I'd rather see Retro do something else. If Nintendo had just stuck with Mario after its initial success then we'd all be poorer for it. Even the 3 prime games we got started wearing the premise thin; it probably should have just been Metroid Prime and one sequel somewhere between Echoes/Corruption.

But to reiterate, I'd totally crap my pants if Prime 4 were announced next month.

The Prime series is done. This will be another reboot of the Metroid franchise, might be a 2D/3D hybrid.
#32P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 5/4/2013 2:23:57 AM
LovelyLady992 posted...
People there is no way in hell it is going to be starfox. Sorry to disappoint you.

It makes no sense to hire Doom and Rage devs, darksiders devs, and jak and daxter/uncharted/crash bandicoot devs for starfox, even Assault. They are part rail shooter and have literally no adventure element. Like I said, makes no sense.

Hell, Nintendoland had metroid blast and literally no starfox game anywhere. The franchise is practically dead and Nintendo needs a game to win over more hardcore gamers, especially westerners, and Metroid would to be best for this.

get over it.

In Nintendo Land Metroid Blast was actually supposed to be a Star Fox game, however, Nintendo couldn't think of an Arwing moving the same way in all directions. As for a crossover, apparently, the idea was proposed however they decided not to merge the SF and Metroid games.

I would also like to add that Sakamoto was recently promoted and is currently in control of what happens to Metroid next. His last statement was that, at the time, he didn't know where to go with the series next but they are still willing to work with Ninja if they fit the role and Ninja is ready to help.

Lastly, multiple rumors point to Star Fox being in development, and was supposedly going to be shown at e3 last year before Retro backed out with Reggie stating that if they didn't want to reveal it yet, they weren't going to.

My question is, if it was just another Metroid game, why wait this long to reveal it?
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Rayman Legends
#33Wario_manPosted 5/4/2013 2:24:12 AM
Wario Land.
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#34Imperfect_Dark2Posted 5/4/2013 4:45:17 AM
I want something new.

(Although a new Prime-style Metroid in HD WiiU-o-vision would be absolutely amazing)
---
NNID: Kangasaur
GE: KANGA* | [WB]Rundas | FierceDeity+ | [PK]Slugma | -Helios-
#35usaamahlinkPosted 5/4/2013 8:21:52 AM
Retros game is more likely to be a Star Fox than a Metroid. I dont think well see any Metroid games for a few years. Those are pretty much the only viable options for Retro to be developing (given all that we know). Im putting my money on Star Fox.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Fire Emblem (GBA), Xenoblade Chronicles, F-Zero GX. SSB Brawl <-(always)
#36zender1999Posted 5/4/2013 8:22:53 AM
call of metroid
#37crowe_1Posted 5/4/2013 8:40:28 AM
As long as the game is not one that's already announced, I'm good.
---
My SSBM combo vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crowe1