Wii u should have launched july this year

#1X_ULTIMA_XPosted 5/3/2013 6:54:34 PM
They would have had a good pre E3 buildup with some really great games coming before the end of the year, then showing games coming outside of the launch window like smash bros and maybe zelda. Keep the launch titles the same but actually have launch window games.
August: pikmin 3
September: wind waker HD
October: mario 3d game
December: mario kart U

On top of that you wouldnt hear complaints about the wii Us UI being slow because it was complete by the time the system launched aswell as the VC store. It would still have a 4 month head start on ps4 and nextbox. People would have so much faith and hope in the wii u that that would be the first console they buy. Right off the bat high quality first party games and a lower price point. Power wouldnt even matter when they showed off these games and when they were coming out. Wii u then wins the launch sales, boom i should be CEO of nintendo
---
Regards, Dolan
R.I.P fungivore 2012-2012
#2Dustof_DryBonesPosted 5/3/2013 6:58:22 PM
They have a 3.5 million units sold advantage as a result of releasing the console last holiday.

I really don't think you know what you're talking about.
---
Ahoy, matey!
#3X_ULTIMA_X(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 6:59:44 PM
Dustof_DryBones posted...
They have a 3.5 million units sold advantage as a result of releasing the console last holiday.

And really bad consumer confidence. They would have way more hype and sales if they did what i said
---
Regards, Dolan
#4Jakerific44Posted 5/3/2013 7:08:45 PM

---
My Anime List:http://myanimelist.net/profile/Jakerific
#5RahzarXPosted 5/3/2013 7:14:59 PM
X_ULTIMA_X posted...

And really bad consumer confidence. They would have way more hype and sales if they did what i said

So instead of a 3.5 million userbase, they'd have NO userbase?

Do you even understand how much money that is?

Now they use that money to advertise the living hell out of it and laugh as it prints cash.

Whether or not you have confidence, you still know what it is, which is better than having it come out in July and have them work on patches, we wouldn't of got the system updates that we did before christmas.

You don't know how the system will be handled until you get it out there, Nintendo is going to be so far ahead of Microsoft and Sony that they're going to be late in 2014 before they get any good games while everyone is busy with Nintendo games.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#6BadreviewPosted 5/3/2013 7:16:06 PM
RahzarX posted...
X_ULTIMA_X posted...

So instead of a 3.5 million userbase, they'd have NO userbase?

Now they use that money to advertise the living hell out of it and laugh as it prints cash.

Whether or not you have confidence, you still know what it is, which is better than having it come out in July and have them work on patches, we wouldn't of got the system updates that we did before christmas.

You don't know how the system will be handled until you get it out there, Nintendo is going to be so far ahead of Microsoft and Sony that they're going to be late in 2014 before they get any good games while everyone is busy with Nintendo games.

fanboy/10
http://www.gamespot.com/news/sony-ps4-will-have-strongest-launch-lineup-in-playstation-history-6407468
#7X_ULTIMA_X(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 7:27:04 PM
...... But now people dont care about the wii u and have moved their interest to the ps4. If wii u launched this july people would still be talking about how great it will be. The way the wii u launched was terrible, it was so obviously incomplete and still is incomplete. No one except the most hardcore of fanboys will buy nintendo consoles on launch now because they will remeber what happened with the 3ds and the wii u. Ps3 could have sold the most last gen if it had a better launch, only recently has it been getting the credit it deserves.
---
Regards, Dolan
#8Schwepps01Posted 5/3/2013 7:27:07 PM
RahzarX posted...

Certainly less than zero dollars, given that they lose money on each console.
---
#9Dustof_DryBonesPosted 5/3/2013 7:27:34 PM
Anyway, to reiterate: Whatever bad press Nintendo gets out of doing this isn't going to matter in the long-run once a steady stream of polished AAA-games comes along and pleases the hardcore Nintendo fans who bought the Wii U on day 1. Regardless, those guys aren't going anywhere and they don't mind paying a little more for the console (relative to the inevitable price cut) so long as they get some VC games in return for their patience (via an ambassador program).

It's a brilliant move that worked very well with the 3DS and that will most likely work quite well for the Wii U too.

Badreview posted...
fanboy/10
http://www.gamespot.com/news/sony-ps4-will-have-strongest-launch-lineup-in-playstation-history-6407468

lol, GameSpot.
---
Ahoy, matey!
#10BadreviewPosted 5/3/2013 7:28:39 PM
Anyway, to reiterate: Whatever bad press Nintendo gets out of doing this isn't going to matter in the long-run once a steady stream of polished AAA-games comes along and pleases the hardcore Nintendo fans who bought the Wii U on day 1. Regardless, those guys aren't going anywhere and they don't mind paying a little more for the console (relative to the inevitable price cut) so long as they get some VC games in return for their patience (via an ambassador program).

It's a brilliant move that worked very well with the 3DS and that will most likely work quite well for the Wii U too.

Yeah! the same brilliant move that killed Sega.