Nintendo is not in trouble

#11msunshine(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 1:08:20 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
no it doesnt. worldwide vita sold 3-5 million

wii U is at 3.45 million shipped

3-5 million? Lol where is the 2 MILLION difference coming from? My sources say 3 million vitas sold, versus 3.5 wii Us. In less than a third of the time on the market.
---
Current playthrough: 95stars. Demondog pulls numbers and facts out of his ***.
The wii U board is improving! bye MS,GFR
#12UponADarkThornePosted 5/4/2013 1:23:23 AM
msunshine posted...
OtakuGamera posted...
huh? vita still outsold wii U worldwide.. but whatever helps you sleep at night i guess

Actually no it did not.

Actually, it did. 4.3 million (Vita) vs. 3.4 (Wii U).

Of course, neither of those numbers really seem to break down sales regionally. I'd be curious to see which console is doing better outside of Japan, where handhelds in general dominate. Not that I really feels it matters either way.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#13TalentedMPosted 5/4/2013 1:27:34 AM
Time is a slight factor here as they just recently surpassed the WiiU (in some places) and worldwide numbers have been different everywhere I have seen.

As it stands. I am happy some people are finding a reason to get an overpriced gadget that requires a memory card to play games! I still haven't found a reason yet.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#14msunshine(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 2:00:56 AM
UponADarkThorne posted...
msunshine posted...
OtakuGamera posted...
huh? vita still outsold wii U worldwide.. but whatever helps you sleep at night i guess

Actually no it did not.

Actually, it did. 4.3 million (Vita) vs. 3.4 (Wii U).

Of course, neither of those numbers really seem to break down sales regionally. I'd be curious to see which console is doing better outside of Japan, where handhelds in general dominate. Not that I really feels it matters either way.

Ok, if true, my sources must be wrong, or old. Care to give yours? Anyway, considering the fact that the wii has been out for 5 months, and the vita has been out for 1 year and 3 months...
---
#15PUNCHOUT1116Posted 5/4/2013 2:04:34 AM
I so despise the term "reassurance topic". Its perfectly fine to post 1000x topics a day about doom and gloom, but one positive topic is met with "durr reassurancez!!!"
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#16TalentedMPosted 5/4/2013 2:06:50 AM
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
I so despise the term "reassurance topic". Its perfectly fine to post 1000x topics a day about doom and gloom, but one positive topic is met with "durr reassurancez!!!"

You have been here far too long to be talking like that Punchout... You know how this works.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#17PUNCHOUT1116Posted 5/4/2013 2:08:55 AM
TalentedM posted...
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...

You have been here far too long to be talking like that Punchout... You know how this works.

Yeah I need to go back into hiding for a couple months lol. Starting to remember why I quit coming here
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#18msunshine(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 2:12:38 AM
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...

Funny that FACTS are reassurance now.
---
#19THMBZDownGNZUpPosted 5/4/2013 3:12:00 AM
I believe Wii U sales will pick up once new exclusives come out for it, and once the other next generation consoles release. People are still undecided on what game system they want, so they are waiting until everything has come out. Nintendo needs more exclusives released on Wii U sooner to counter its loss of many 3rd-party games to PlayStation 4 and Xbox 720. Wii U will be helping its competition when someone wants to buy both Wii U + PS4 or Wii U + X720, and it's preferable financially, specifically for causal gamers who make up the majority of gamers, to buy one console instead of two or three.

Likewise, PS Vita will see a boost in sales once Sony price drops it like they did in Japan, once it comes out with more games, especially exclusives, and once it has more games remote-play and cross-play compatible with PS3 and PS4. This would also help increase PS3 and PS4 sales. Perhaps Sony should bundle PS3 + PS Vita or PS4 + PS Vita, and maybe Nintendo should bundle Wii U + 3DS.

I'd prefer a dual console/handheld bundle instead of buying them separately.
#20Shadowfxd2Posted 5/4/2013 3:15:06 AM
no it doesnt. worldwide vita sold 3-5 million

wii U is at 3.45 million shipped

Vita is shipped numbers too, stop being a troll!
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg