Nintendo is not in trouble

#101trenkenPosted 5/5/2013 6:30:56 AM(edited)
genlock posted...
No one has ever remotely suggested Nintendo is in bad shape economically at this point.

Links on the way. Give me a few minutes. Ill edit this post. They are a financial disaster right now.

2 straight full year losses, first time in their history
http://www.gamespot.com/news/nintendo-to-post-second-straight-full-year-loss-report-6407399

Smart phones crushing nintendo stock bombing
http://nintendostock.blogspot.com/

---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#102DemonDog666Posted 5/5/2013 7:25:42 AM
Shankspeare posted...
Most Japanese companies have foreign assets, Especially the older ones, so they only profit when there is weak yen.

Which is a horrible business strategy. If you need a massive exchange rate bonus to make a profit you are doing something wrong. It basically means that if they made their foreign assets self sufficient (ie keeping their profits in the same country) they wouldn't profit at all
#103DemonDog666Posted 5/5/2013 7:29:44 AM
trenken posted...
I dont know if they will. All I know is Iwata has brought up the mobile market 3 times in the last month. They are obviously talking about it. Or at least trying to figure out how to compete with it, because I think its becoming very clear that the mobile market is starting to effect the home console market.

Iwata also said he thinks less and less gamers see the value of spending $60 on 1 game and believes its due to mobile devices. If they never make mobile games, I could see them starting to make say like smaller 2D Mario games, ehop only (no retail release), and sell them for like $10. So more of a mobile type approach, but not on phones or tablets. Something like that just to try and get things moving again. Right now they are just idling, not selling nearly enough 3DS's or U's.

He also has been talking about how its so difficult now to spend so much money building 1 game, that the only way to profit off it now is to sell a huge amount of copies. If a game isnt a mega smash hit these days, money is lost. No profits. The whole thing seems like its a catch 22 and is starting to eat itself. Dev costs going up, sales going down due to the mobile market effect.

If Nintendo stopped releasing phone level games at full retail price it would probably be alot different lol. Nintendo is behind in tech and doesn't know all the cheap ways to develop games everyone else does (they just started using map editors this gen ffs...) and they have a history of charging a premium for simple games and shovelware, the DS especially had a ton of games that phone games have for a buck now for full retail... ps3 and 360 aren't being effected by mobile markets, and only devs who can't budget are having trouble. I think it just comes down to Nintendo not being prepared for HD development and are basically 6 years or more behind the industry.
#104genlockPosted 5/5/2013 7:38:27 AM
trenken posted...
genlock posted...
No one has ever remotely suggested Nintendo is in bad shape economically at this point.

Links on the way. Give me a few minutes. Ill edit this post. They are a financial disaster right now.

2 straight full year losses, first time in their history
http://www.gamespot.com/news/nintendo-to-post-second-straight-full-year-loss-report-6407399

Smart phones crushing nintendo stock bombing
http://nintendostock.blogspot.com/

SO you posted links that demonstrate you don;t know anything about fiscal health?
---
Are we not drawn onward, we few? Drawn onward to new era?
#105AceMosPosted 5/5/2013 7:44:22 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
trenken posted...
I dont know if they will. All I know is Iwata has brought up the mobile market 3 times in the last month. They are obviously talking about it. Or at least trying to figure out how to compete with it, because I think its becoming very clear that the mobile market is starting to effect the home console market.

Iwata also said he thinks less and less gamers see the value of spending $60 on 1 game and believes its due to mobile devices. If they never make mobile games, I could see them starting to make say like smaller 2D Mario games, ehop only (no retail release), and sell them for like $10. So more of a mobile type approach, but not on phones or tablets. Something like that just to try and get things moving again. Right now they are just idling, not selling nearly enough 3DS's or U's.

He also has been talking about how its so difficult now to spend so much money building 1 game, that the only way to profit off it now is to sell a huge amount of copies. If a game isnt a mega smash hit these days, money is lost. No profits. The whole thing seems like its a catch 22 and is starting to eat itself. Dev costs going up, sales going down due to the mobile market effect.

If Nintendo stopped releasing phone level games at full retail price it would probably be alot different lol. Nintendo is behind in tech and doesn't know all the cheap ways to develop games everyone else does (they just started using map editors this gen ffs...) and they have a history of charging a premium for simple games and shovelware, the DS especially had a ton of games that phone games have for a buck now for full retail... ps3 and 360 aren't being effected by mobile markets, and only devs who can't budget are having trouble. I think it just comes down to Nintendo not being prepared for HD development and are basically 6 years or more behind the industry.

keep telling your self that skippy

just dont forget you constantly defend the vita
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#106DemonDog666Posted 5/5/2013 8:05:51 AM
AceMos posted...

Why do people keep pretending the situation with vita and wiiU are anything alike, vita has great hardware wiiU has horrible hardware, vita has great features, wiiU is over 6 years behind in features, vita has great online, wiiU has crappy online, vita has a ton of third party games out and in development (although not heavy advertised or strong brand name) really the only thing they have in common is advertisement struggles.
#107AceMosPosted 5/5/2013 8:10:10 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
AceMos posted...

Why do people keep pretending the situation with vita and wiiU are anything alike, vita has great hardware wiiU has horrible hardware, vita has great features, wiiU is over 6 years behind in features, vita has great online, wiiU has crappy online, vita has a ton of third party games out and in development (although not heavy advertised or strong brand name) really the only thing they have in common is advertisement struggles.

hardware means crap

3DS has far weaker hardware than the vita

but has more games more anoucned games more great games (IMO)

and far far far higher sales

the vita is in the same baot as the wii u

both are curently selling bad have low 3rd party support

have few worth while first party games out

and are called a "flop" by trolls
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#108DemonDog666Posted 5/5/2013 8:46:23 AM(edited)
AceMos posted...
hardware means crap

lol no 3DS doesn't, and 3DS has been out for an extra year and had a 1/3 price drop to gain interest, if 3DS didn't have more games announced for it it after that it would be the most pathetic system in history, too bad the games aren't even close to great. Again 1/3 price drop.

How is vita in the same boat as wiiU again? Vita isn't selling great sure but it has more third party support more then 3DS. Proof.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/study-46-percent-of-developers-making-wii-u-games-6404615?

"Developers showed little interest in the dedicated gaming market, according to the study. It found that 2 percent of developers made their last title for the PlayStation Vita, 4.2 percent are making their current game for the system, and 5 percent said they plan to release their next game on the platform. As for Nintendo's 3DS, it did not fare any better. Two percent are currently making a 3DS game, and 2.8 percent of polled developers plan to release their next game on the platform."

WiiUs percent is way lower then ps4/next xbox.

WiiU doesn't have more third party support then ps4/next xbox or ps3/360

Also vita has over 10 first party games worth getting (assuming fan of genre)

LBP vita
Gravity Rush
Soul Sacrifice
Hot shots golf
PSASBR
Sly 4 theives in time
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Wipeout 2048
MotorStorm: RC
Unit 13
Uncharted fight for fortune

ect.

Also what trolls say is pretty irrelevant.
#109AceMosPosted 5/5/2013 8:39:48 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
AceMos posted...
hardware means crap

lol no 3DS doesn't, and 3DS has been out for an extra year and had a 1/3 price drop to gain interest, if 3DS didn't have more games announced for it it after that it would be the most pathetic system in history, too bad the games aren't even close to great. Again 1/3 price drop.

How is vita in the same boat as wiiU again? Vita isn't selling great sure but it has more third party support more then WiiU or 3DS. Proof.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/study-46-percent-of-developers-making-wii-u-games-6404615?

"Developers showed little interest in the dedicated gaming market, according to the study. It found that 2 percent of developers made their last title for the PlayStation Vita, 4.2 percent are making their current game for the system, and 5 percent said they plan to release their next game on the platform. As for Nintendo's 3DS, it did not fare any better. Two percent are currently making a 3DS game, and 2.8 percent of polled developers plan to release their next game on the platform."

5% for vita, 4.6% for wiiU and 2.8% for 3DS.

LBP vita
Gravity Rush
Soul Sacrifice
Hot shots golf
PSASBR
Sly 4 theives in time
Wipeout 2048
Unit 13

ect.

3DS even before the price drop was selling better than the vita
---
#110SoaringDivePosted 5/5/2013 8:40:40 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
AceMos posted...
hardware means crap

How is vita in the same boat as wiiU again? Vita isn't selling great sure but it has more third party support more then WiiU or 3DS. Proof.

?

5% for vita, 4.6% for wiiU and 2.8% for 3DS.

LBP vita
Gravity Rush
Soul Sacrifice
Hot shots golf
PSASBR
Sly 4 theives in time
Wipeout 2048
Unit 13

ect.

If you're a PS3 owner, none of those are worth getting besides GR and SS. Which explains how the console is doing so abysmally right now.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive