Nintendo is not in trouble

#91Xtreme-VoidPosted 5/4/2013 8:58:21 PM
Dr_Facer posted...
msunshine posted...
The 3ds outsold the ps 3 in japan, and in only 2 years. The wii U outsold the vita worldwide, in 5 months. The sales of software are dominated by 3 ds first party games, and software is what brings in the cash. Recent events have shown that a single game can move systems in difficult markets. Mhu for wii u and fire emblem for 3 ds, in the UK, a difficult market. Nintendo games have the tendency to keep selling well over many a year. Big games are not here and yet the wii U sold more than the ps 3 and xbox 360 in their first five months. Just some facts for this beautiful board.

Nintendo won't be in trouble as long as Iwata can keep investors from pulling their money out.

If he manages to make them wait for at least two years, things should be ok.

Empty hope.

Investors not gonna blindly let their money burn.
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, XBOX 360, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
Universal Gamer
#92rajin_donutsPosted 5/4/2013 9:16:11 PM
Although I lack the intense economic training most Gamefaqs users seem to have, I think Nintendo will be just fine. Whether or not the Wii U will be successful moving forward is another matter.
#93msunshine(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 10:49:17 PM
http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/12/14/3ds-surpasses-ps3-lifetime-sales-in-japan. http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=541683. http://wiiudaily.com/2013/03/monster-hunter-3-wii-u-sales-europe/. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/04/fire_emblem_awakening_battles_to_third_in_uk_chart_debut. http://m.digitaltrends.com/gaming/new-super-mario-bros-2-outsells-original-by-30-pct/. http://n4g.com/news/1209098/wii-u-sales-better-than-playstation-3-and-xbox-360#c-7388896. Here demon dog, proof for every single sentence I wrote in my OP, except the second one, which I already admitted might be wrong. Counting the time on the market though, wii U greatly outsold the vita so far.
---
Current playthrough: 95stars. Demondog pulls numbers and facts out of his ***.
The wii U board is improving! bye MS,GFR
#94msunshine(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 5:12:10 AM
Dogg?
---
Current playthrough: 95stars. Demondog pulls numbers and facts out of his ***.
The wii U board is improving! bye MS,GFR
#95ShankspearePosted 5/5/2013 6:11:53 AM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
I so despise the term "reassurance topic". Its perfectly fine to post 1000x topics a day about doom and gloom, but one positive topic is met with "durr reassurancez!!!"

That's because this is literally a reassurance topic. The point of it is to reassure the board that nintendo is fine

Both types of topics are reassurance topics lol.
#96trenkenPosted 5/5/2013 6:14:32 AM
Theyve posted 2 straight years of losses. 2013 Im certain will be another year of money lost. I dont know how deep their pockets are, but they are bleeding money right now.

I doubt they would go under, they would start making smart phone games before they let that happen, but they are definitely in a financial mess right now. Tons of info about this on a million websites.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#97ShankspearePosted 5/5/2013 6:14:54 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
AceMos posted...
nintendo lost a tiny bit of money and that was more do to the strong yen than sales

better games is subjective

and if you belive the vita cant be called a failure yet do to the fact tis life span ant over yet

then youc ant call the wii u a failure

I didn't say the wiiU was a failure, I said Nintendo is in trouble and I have previously stated that wiiU is a horrible system. Wii was also a horrible system but it was not a failure, atleast not commercially speaking. Also no it had everything to do with the price drop and it wasn't a tiny bit. As for the yen being strong that's bs, they rely on weak yen to make a profit because they can't make a profit under normal circumstances.

Most Japanese companies have foreign assets, Especially the older ones, so they only profit when there is weak yen.
#98ShankspearePosted 5/5/2013 6:20:37 AM
trenken posted...
Theyve posted 2 straight years of losses. 2013 Im certain will be another year of money lost. I dont know how deep their pockets are, but they are bleeding money right now.

I doubt they would go under, they would start making smart phone games before they let that happen, but they are definitely in a financial mess right now. Tons of info about this on a million websites.

Why smart phone games? And as far as I can tell Japan was in a financial mess in general.

Anyway, in your opinion, when do you think that they will start making smart phone games?
#99genlockPosted 5/5/2013 6:24:03 AM
No one has ever remotely suggested Nintendo is in bad shape economically at this point.
---
Are we not drawn onward, we few? Drawn onward to new era?
#100trenkenPosted 5/5/2013 6:26:38 AM
Shankspeare posted...
trenken posted...

Why smart phone games? And as far as I can tell Japan was in a financial mess in general.

Anyway, in your opinion, when do you think that they will start making smart phone games?

I dont know if they will. All I know is Iwata has brought up the mobile market 3 times in the last month. They are obviously talking about it. Or at least trying to figure out how to compete with it, because I think its becoming very clear that the mobile market is starting to effect the home console market.

Iwata also said he thinks less and less gamers see the value of spending $60 on 1 game and believes its due to mobile devices. If they never make mobile games, I could see them starting to make say like smaller 2D Mario games, ehop only (no retail release), and sell them for like $10. So more of a mobile type approach, but not on phones or tablets. Something like that just to try and get things moving again. Right now they are just idling, not selling nearly enough 3DS's or U's.

He also has been talking about how its so difficult now to spend so much money building 1 game, that the only way to profit off it now is to sell a huge amount of copies. If a game isnt a mega smash hit these days, money is lost. No profits. The whole thing seems like its a catch 22 and is starting to eat itself. Dev costs going up, sales going down due to the mobile market effect.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero