quicky question about WiiU to 3DS VC

#1YoyokuKOPosted 5/4/2013 6:12:14 AM
i heard a rumor about this...
my question is:

was it said to be a share or transfer?
#2DemonDog666Posted 5/4/2013 9:06:33 AM
nope have to buy twice if you want both, and if you lose your system you have to buy 3 times after replacing it.
#3Schwepps01Posted 5/4/2013 9:35:59 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
nope have to buy twice if you want both, and if you lose your system you have to buy 3 times after replacing it.

What's strange is that Sony fixed with problem with just a universal account, and that was last gen. What was that about people saying the Wii U was next gen again?
---
#4Maxx_the_SlashPosted 5/4/2013 9:44:36 AM
DemonDog666 posted...

You can't do it NOW, but you don't know if it'll be possible later.

Just don't buy Virtual Console games for the Wii U if you already have them for the 3DS, just in case you can transfer down the line.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#5vidalmorazaPosted 5/4/2013 9:46:08 AM
DemonDog666 posted...

I think is gonna be a small fee to do it, not literally buy it twice, maybe if you already own the game in the Wii U, pay like $1 to have it in the 3DS...

I know it sucks not having a universal account to have the games in all my Nintendo consoles that can do it (Wii, 3DS, Wii U) but is not gonna be buy it twice....
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#6DemonDog666Posted 5/4/2013 9:50:17 AM(edited)
vidalmoraza posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

I think is gonna be a small fee to do it, not literally buy it twice, maybe if you already own the game in the Wii U, pay like $1 to have it in the 3DS...

I know it sucks not having a universal account to have the games in all my Nintendo consoles that can do it (Wii, 3DS, Wii U) but is not gonna be buy it twice....

It IS buy it twice. You can't have the same game on the wiiU VC and the 3DS VC without buying it twice, taking a game you've transferred (and lost on the wii) out of wiimode costs a dollar (for snes games more for n64 when they come) and when doing that you lose your save and your wii copy... only way to have it on two devices is to buy it twice. Could it change later, of course, would I hold my breath? Hell no.
#7Wiiplayer111Posted 5/4/2013 9:50:05 AM
Schwepps01 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

What's strange is that Sony fixed with problem with just a universal account, and that was last gen. What was that about people saying the Wii U was next gen again?

The Wii U is backwards compatible. Something Wii did last gen. What was that about people saying the PS4 was next gen again?

Is what I would have said if I was a doofus.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#8DemonDog666Posted 5/4/2013 9:53:47 AM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
Schwepps01 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

The Wii U is backwards compatible. Something Wii did last gen. What was that about people saying the PS4 was next gen again?

But you did say it...
#9Wiiplayer111Posted 5/4/2013 9:56:51 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...
Schwepps01 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

But you did say it...

*Sigh*

Does no one understand anything anymore?
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#10DemonDog666Posted 5/4/2013 10:32:52 AM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
*Sigh*

Does no one understand anything anymore?

Oh I understand, you insulted him indirectly, so I did the same to you.

Also as to your actual point, an account system is the status quo, it's something which isn't impossible to implement and benefits consumers greatly. BC can be extremely difficult with different architecture if not flat out impossible, so it's not really a fair comparison.