Dissapointment. Losing patience with Nintendo

#21R_O_B_Sentry(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 10:52:31 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#22x2link777Posted 5/4/2013 10:54:30 AM
zatOMG posted...

Why would you buy something, sell it, then buy it again.
You've been a fan since NES days, yet you seem uneducated in how Nintendo operates.
That's entirely a failure on your end, you should be disappointed with yourself.

Granted, the titles are trickling at a snail's pace, and as you said Nintendo-developed games are in a distant horizon.

When was this ever not the case, Mr. Fan-from-the-Beginning?

I agree that buying, selling, and buying again isnt the best course of action, but its tcs money, not mine or yours. However, yes, as I've said, we know its the same old song and dance with Nintendo. That's the whole POINT! People like me, and the tc are getting sick of it. Nintendo's crap is getting old. They have excellent 1st party IP's. But no matter how good they are, there comes a time, (particularly when that time is accompanied by a hefty $300+ price tag) that enough is enough. We don't want to dance anymore Nintendo. We want to game. Fortunately, Wii Us abysmal sales are a sign that people like us are not in the minority anymore.
---
I am the most fiendish terror that flaps in the darkest night. I am the skunk that pollutes your air. I am Negaduck!!
#23R_O_B_Sentry(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 10:59:19 AM
#24Faceman_Posted 5/4/2013 11:04:11 AM
Nobody, including Nintendo cares about you or what you have to say TC. Especially your patience we didn't ask about. Show yourself to the door.
#25R_O_B_Sentry(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 11:10:58 AM
#26Shadowbird_RHPosted 5/4/2013 11:18:13 AM
x2link777 posted...
Shadowbird_RH posted...
If you own a Wii U and are hurting for games, then you made a mistake somewhere, probably in not buying an older console with more games or ignoring Wii U's backwards compatibility.

Yea, the mistake is buying a Wii U in the first place. No one should be forced to buy 2 different consoles just to have a decent library

Right. If you're only going to be gaming on a single console, you'd have to be quite the fool to choose one that's less than a year old, unless you plan on taking advantage of backwards compatibility.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#27FFXIgaiaknightPosted 5/4/2013 12:42:31 PM
x2link777 posted...
Shadowbird_RH posted...
If you own a Wii U and are hurting for games, then you made a mistake somewhere, probably in not buying an older console with more games or ignoring Wii U's backwards compatibility.

Yea, the mistake is buying a Wii U in the first place. No one should be forced to buy 2 different consoles just to have a decent library, but thanks to Nintendo's near complete lack of even TRYING to get more game support from 3rd parties, its the sad reality of what is, yet again. Wii U is literally the same old song and dance since N64. Buy it for 1st/2nd party games as it's all there really is...

So your basically saying console exclusives shouldn't exist?
---
http://www.club1kjho.com
NNI: Gaiaknight
#28R_O_B_Sentry(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 5:49:47 AM
#29trenkenPosted 5/5/2013 6:01:24 AM
I think the issue with them now is just resources. Great games take years to make. They only have so many people working on games, and it takes a LOT just to make 1 game, so its extremely expensive.

Then factor in the Wii was completely tanking at the end of its life, 3DS is millions behind where they thought it would be, and Nintendo has posted 2 straight years of losing money. Its a really difficult thing to manage.

They rushed the U out long before any great games would be ready because they had to start getting some income. I dont think they will be looking at making much money this year. Not a lot of people care about Pikmin. After that they have a GC remake, and possibly a 3D Mario from the rumors, but it sounds way too early to me for that so I have a feeling they are rushing it out, which is what I feared would happen with the U. Crappy sales, and suddenly Nintendo is having to rush safe sequels out.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#30ShankspearePosted 5/5/2013 6:06:48 AM
R_O_B_Sentry posted...
^That's really not what he was trying to get at you.

His statement implies that Nintendo is running out of ideas.
I'm saying there's only a select few games that are good with Nintendo now and the wait for them is ridiculous.

Also, while we are waiting for stuff, Nintendo can't even win third party support for games that are actually good. So what we do is buy a PS3 for the third party games.

Also while we are waiting for stuff. Nintendo gives us games we already got through the Wii VC, instead of wasting time, they could give us GBA titles Metroid Zero Mission, Super Mario Advance 4. I don't understand why they take too much time.

Two things here....you're opinion is absolutely fine and you have a right to voice it.

Since you voiced it here members are going to question your motives. Especially when they see flaws in your logic (selling a new game system with intention of rebuying due to buyer's remorse).

I agree with a lot of the post so far. I think your reason for getting the console in the first place is unclear and your expectations unresearched. And who can you really blame for that?