Dissapointment. Losing patience with Nintendo

#41NiftyManZPosted 5/5/2013 7:17:22 AM
I am sorry you are not happy with your purchase, however, purchasing a console at launch is always a long term investment. My ps2 was like that, as was my Wii. I don't remember my nes, ps1, and sega genesis launches since I was fairly young.

And what about past owned consoles? Can't you replay games that you liked?
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#42kaliskonigPosted 5/5/2013 8:47:07 AM
-You can't hold Nintendo accountable for Sonic >_>. and any fan of the series knows a new main entry comes every 2-2.5 years.
-Smash was said to not be available for quite some time
-They Never said GBA games would come with the update.
-Skyward Sword was not that old prior to the release of WiiU so if you are a fan of the series you should have known you would be waiting fo some time.
-WW HD was not announced until post WiiU launch and the release date is actually quite good considering.

Just be patient broseph. A lot of the things you are waiting for are things you should have known would not be out for some time. There really is no point in selling it now when you know these games will be here soon. If you sell the WiiU you will only be losing money will you not?

I do agree and understand how you feel though. Nintendo has pushed back Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 witch were supposed to be major sellers for the Launch Window. That window is closed now. Honestly they might as well have released the WiiU in the summer.
#43DemonDog666Posted 5/5/2013 9:02:30 AM
lol there's nothing you can do but wait or sell your wiiU (and if you ever plan to buy it again it'd probably be cheaper just to throw it in the closet for 2 years or something) so yeah nothing you can do the mistake is made, just stop expecting Nintendo to be competent and move on.
#44Tom_Green_IIPosted 5/5/2013 9:24:16 AM
NeoFalconHavok posted...

They couldn't if they tried. Third Parties have a HUGE agenda against Nintendo. There was no excuse for the slop support on Wii. NONE. But 3rd Parties bailed way before the console even launched.

Well...... yeah there was. The hardware was severely underpowered when compared to the competition. Plus, third parties DID try earlier in the Wii's life, but with the combination of mandatory motion controls and the lack of third party support of consumers on the Wii, third parties lost interest and didn't see the Wii as a viable source of income.
#45FlyinTonitePosted 5/5/2013 9:31:28 AM
Tom_Green_II posted...
NeoFalconHavok posted...

They couldn't if they tried. Third Parties have a HUGE agenda against Nintendo. There was no excuse for the slop support on Wii. NONE. But 3rd Parties bailed way before the console even launched.

Well...... yeah there was. The hardware was severely underpowered when compared to the competition. Plus, third parties DID try earlier in the Wii's life, but with the combination of mandatory motion controls and the lack of third party support of consumers on the Wii, third parties lost interest and didn't see the Wii as a viable source of income.

3rd party games don't traditionally sell all that well on nintendo consoles. the gamecube was a decently speced console, but the 3rd party games didn't sell all that well.

fact is, nintendo is not a place for major 3rd party releases anymore. nintendo fans/non fans should know this by now. nintendo consoles succeed and fail by the strength of their 1st party releases. wii had the benefit of the motion controls being integrated in a lot of fun pick up and play games that lured non gamers to the wii. the wii u does not have that luxury at this time and will be selling gamecube numbers during it's lifetime unless the 1st party games really begin generating sales and we have the 3ds all over. not that that would be a bad thing, 3ds has perhaps the strongest line up for 2013 in terms of annoucements so far. (opinion obviously)
---
I'll be a jerk to strangers because this is the internet
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#46Shinobi120Posted 5/5/2013 11:54:04 AM(edited)
x2link777 posted...
Shadowbird_RH posted...
If you own a Wii U and are hurting for games, then you made a mistake somewhere, probably in not buying an older console with more games or ignoring Wii U's backwards compatibility.

Yea, the mistake is buying a Wii U in the first place. No one should be forced to buy 2 different consoles just to have a decent library, but thanks to Nintendo's near complete lack of even TRYING to get more game support from 3rd parties, its the sad reality of what is, yet again. Wii U is literally the same old song and dance since N64. Buy it for 1st/2nd party games as it's all there really is...

Everyone at Nintendo just needs to go (Reggie, Iwata, everybody), & the company needs to be torn down & rebuilt from the ground up.

It's the only way that Nintendo are going to be in touch with the gaming world.
#47jsb0714Posted 5/5/2013 11:48:22 AM
R_O_B_Sentry posted...
Every new game is months away. The nearest big N title is possibly Pikmin 3, however, not everyone is looking forward to that out of the people I've asked.

Because you actually go around asking people.
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#48R_O_B_Sentry(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 7:00:05 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#49lostinhellviewPosted 5/6/2013 7:28:50 AM
apocalyptic_4 posted...
not even out for a year and people are quick to jump ship.

its like this generation never lived through a console launch till now....how old are you TC?

Yeah really, the people on this board are all like " OMFG why isn't mario kart, mario 3d, starfox, metroid, fzero all out by NOW, and I want 2 brand new zeldas like YESTERDAY!!!!"