So did Nintendo just not have games ready to show for E3?

#11ReedeemerPosted 5/4/2013 12:24:05 PM
Its sad how many people misunderstood Nintendo's statement, tsk tsk, or how many people can't read or do research.

I was honestly surprised with the amount of related topics on here and I was already expecting lots of trolls :|
---
WiiU: rZetro
PSN: Zetro-X ::: 3DS: 1118-0389-0873
#12sentoworfPosted 5/4/2013 12:25:48 PM
Yeah. That's why.
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#13xChaosLordxPosted 5/4/2013 12:27:06 PM
jakestar0306 posted...
They are showing off new games; they're just not doing a press conference for whatever reason.

Though they will be doing one or two big Nintendo Directs around that time.

You figure they would use this as an opportunity to market the system to gamers? But instead they are sitting on the bench and will allow Sony and Microsoft to show up and own it?

Nintendo deserves to fail just for the way they are handling the marketing and presentation of the system.
#14LHS_2012Posted 5/4/2013 12:32:48 PM
fhsfootball74 posted...
Socran posted...
fhsfootball74 posted...
TC you might wanna do more research before you post next time.

You know, in normal circumstances, asking a community of people who have gathered to discuss a subject on a site called "game frequently asked questions dot com" would be the most efficient form of research.

Sure, this board is an exception to that rule, but other sources of "research" are just as troll-filled these days. Hell, that's probably how he was led to the false conclusion in the first place.

Or you know he could just "research" the 100s of topics already posted about the subject. That why there is a SEARCH button.

I guess you can say this question has been "frequently asked".

I'll see myself out.
---
And you definitely won't be laughing September 13 when they cancel the 3DS. ~thundercat2600, Aug 24, 2011
#15ZeroArcheryPosted 5/4/2013 12:35:16 PM
AgitoXIII posted...
Why won't they show up again? I mean people were expecting a new Smash, Mario etc...

They're going to E3, just not doing a huge conference.

They'll be revealing the new Smash Bros. Mario, and Zelda there.

IT's speculated they don't have the means to outshine two new consoles from Microsoft and Sony, so they're not putting in all the money, time, and resources for a show that won't be all that huge, especially with the Nintendo Directs having revealed most of hte "WHOA" stuff.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#16fhsfootball74Posted 5/4/2013 1:14:56 PM
LHS_2012 posted...
fhsfootball74 posted...
Socran posted...
fhsfootball74 posted...
TC you might wanna do more research before you post next time.

You know, in normal circumstances, asking a community of people who have gathered to discuss a subject on a site called "game frequently asked questions dot com" would be the most efficient form of research.

Sure, this board is an exception to that rule, but other sources of "research" are just as troll-filled these days. Hell, that's probably how he was led to the false conclusion in the first place.

Or you know he could just "research" the 100s of topics already posted about the subject. That why there is a SEARCH button.

I guess you can say this question has been "frequently asked".

I'll see myself out.

http://www.gifcrap.com/g2data/albums/Forum/Jeremiah%20Johnson%20nod.gif
---
Blue Jackets, Columbus Crew, Reds, Bengals, Buckeyes
PSN-Fhsfootball74 NNID- returnoftheryan
#17biggy204Posted 5/4/2013 1:36:54 PM
ZeroArchery posted...
AgitoXIII posted...
Why won't they show up again? I mean people were expecting a new Smash, Mario etc...

They're going to E3, just not doing a huge conference.

They'll be revealing the new Smash Bros. Mario, and Zelda there.

IT's speculated they don't have the means to outshine two new consoles from Microsoft and Sony, so they're not putting in all the money, time, and resources for a show that won't be all that huge, especially with the Nintendo Directs having revealed most of hte "WHOA" stuff.

Oh yes the "WHOA" stuff many anti-Nintendo folks wont see why, because its on a Nintendo Direct. Heck the only why I knew about these was from the Wii Shop and the 3DS eshop. Other then that, i probably wouldnt have known about this or the games comming out that are good. Basically with the Nintendo Directs, only target the Nintendo Audience and people who still access or actually access the right channels to watch those videos. Investors and fans of other consoles will flock to E3 to see what their favorite companies and their rivals will show in their big confrences.

Then again owning a Wii and 3DS i hardly watch those Nintendo Directs and I could really care less about E3. As long as there are a large number of games i would enjoy I could flock to that system. An example, I play my PS3 more then my Wii, and my Wii more then my 360. Mainly due to the games I like coming out mostly on the PS3, which I could see happening with these consoles, which is why I have not jumped the gun and purchased the Wii U.
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else
#18star_guy_100Posted 5/4/2013 1:42:46 PM
they probably have some good stuff to announce. just not enough to fill an hour and a half of time

also reggie cant go on for 20 minutes about how amazing the wii u is selling like hes done year after year for the wii.

and honestly they probably think its a losing battle to try to compete with the showcase of the ps4 and 720. they may have good stuff but they dont have enough to put on a show that would be anywhere near equal
#19biggy204Posted 5/4/2013 1:50:18 PM
Well if MS announces that they are doing the Always online approach and the rumor of retail discs just basically acting like Digital Download Vouchers, the Wii U would just have the PS4 to compete with. Maybe.
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else
#20ARushAndAPushPosted 5/4/2013 1:51:30 PM
I do find the E3 conference arguments hilarious.

For once, Nintendo have abandoned gimmicks (No Usher on stage, no pie charts, no flashy lights)
Focused on the gamer instead of the casual (The casual audience that watch E3 won't watch Nintendo Direct, apparently.)

In other words, everything people have moaned about Nintendo for years, yet people still see it as a bad thing :/