Losing Faith In Nintendo

#51IcedEarthaholicPosted 5/4/2013 9:25:13 PM
gokaury posted...
IcedEarthaholic posted...
I actually have to applaud them for taking a drastically different approach and breaking the mold, anyone ever look at it that way instead of trying to say "Oh no! Nintendoomed!" and yadda, yadda, yadda. Nintendo has always done their own thing, and done it their way. That's what I like about them, they don't conform to industry standards. Granted, the end result doesn't always please even me at times, but when they nail it, they nail it with flying colours!

I have faith Nintendo will pull it off, just because they're not in "Oh ****!" mode, doesn't mean that they don't have something cooking in the oven. I would rather they sit and wait for the two behemoths to make their move before going in for the kill.

Thank you IcedEarthaholic, this post made my day. It is an accurate prediction of what I think will happen as well. Trolls have nothing even close to rivaling your wisdom. You truly are worthy of the User Level of Sage. I sincerely mean that.

Thank you gokaury, it's refreshing to see people whom actually see things as they are. Granted Nintendo is NOT perfect, and they've made moves that pissed me off big time in the past, however, I feel that they are making the right moves to redeem themselves. Like Iwata becoming the CEO of NoA, I feel this means we won't have to push as hard as we have for games that we want. If that's the case, I welcome it. Anything that gets titles localized that people want is a good thing in my eyes.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#52PoppaKroganPosted 5/4/2013 9:39:55 PM
pokemega32 posted...
PoppaKrogan posted...
Nintendo neglected to announce any first party games for it the past two E3s

So we all imagined Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros. U and Pikmin 3?

and now they aren't even having an E3 so we're getting jack**** basically instead of the games that are years away.

They're announcing new games at E3.

a rehash, a terrible announcement for a great game, and a game we knew about 6 years ago.
---
I knew we forgot someone...you.
#53SkyCrackersPosted 5/4/2013 9:42:09 PM
I'm definitely disappointed in Nintendo. I still can't believe how many times they've dropped the ball with the Wii U. That's why I'm not buying a Wii U yet. I'll buy one once it becomes worth it.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#54pokemega32Posted 5/4/2013 10:43:38 PM
PoppaKrogan posted...
a rehash, a terrible announcement for a great game, and a game we knew about 6 years ago.

So basically, if we already know that a new Pikmin game is being developed, it doesn't really matter if they give us any actual details on the game, because it's not technically "new"?

But that's beside the point.

You said they didn't announce any new games. They did. It doesn't matter whether or not you like the games. They still exist.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#55DemonDog666Posted 5/4/2013 11:01:04 PM
IcedEarthaholic posted...
Thank you gokaury, it's refreshing to see people whom actually see things as they are. Granted Nintendo is NOT perfect, and they've made moves that pissed me off big time in the past, however, I feel that they are making the right moves to redeem themselves. Like Iwata becoming the CEO of NoA, I feel this means we won't have to push as hard as we have for games that we want. If that's the case, I welcome it. Anything that gets titles localized that people want is a good thing in my eyes.

lol such pathetic denial. Nintendo is making all the wrong moves lol or rather made all the wrong moves they aren't doing anything currently.

pokemega32 posted...
So basically, if we already know that a new Pikmin game is being developed, it doesn't really matter if they give us any actual details on the game, because it's not technically "new"?

But that's beside the point.

You said they didn't announce any new games. They did. It doesn't matter whether or not you like the games. They still exist.

Considering it's supposed to be out for over a month now yeah any pikmin news other then it's out is pretty pointless
#56pokemega32Posted 5/4/2013 11:18:07 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Considering it's supposed to be out for over a month now yeah any pikmin news other then it's out is pretty pointless

I'm not talking about now. I'm talking about when they first revealed it.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#57SlimeSwayzePosted 5/4/2013 11:42:21 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
It is going exactly the same way as every console launch ever. In fact, the launch lineup of games is actually better than average.

Invest yourself with a little patience.

Not since the 32X have I bought a new system and tired of it as quickly as the Wii U. At this point, it is delusional to say that all system launches have been as bad as the Wii U.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#58CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/5/2013 12:24:31 AM
When you've read as many "Losing faith in Nintendo" topics as I have, You begin to become numb to it.

Actually, thats a lie...
It brings back memories. :)
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#59CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/5/2013 12:27:10 AM(edited)
SlimeSwayze posted...
1shadetail1 posted...
It is going exactly the same way as every console launch ever. In fact, the launch lineup of games is actually better than average.

Not since the 32X have I bought a new system and tired of it as quickly as the Wii U. At this point, it is delusional to say that all system launches have been as bad as the Wii U.

Not as delusional as thinking that your experience is anything but your own.

Ask 100 People their opinion on the Wii U's launch, and you will get 100 different answers.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#60Xtreme-VoidPosted 5/5/2013 12:48:50 AM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...
1shadetail1 posted...

Not as delusional as thinking that your experience is anything but your own.

Ask 100 People their opinion on the Wii U's launch, and you will get 100 different answers.

how about 40K people.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=4896
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, XBOX 360, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
Universal Gamer