having a hard time deciding which game to play

#1Ivany2008Posted 5/4/2013 3:58:45 PM
I have 4 games currently on backlog just from my Wii, none of which I started

Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword(ok bit of a lie above, I managed to get to the first dungeon before my original wii broke)

Xenoblade Chronicles
Pandoras Tower
The Last Story

luckily I now have a Wii-U so would like a bit of help deciding which of the 4 I should start with
---
The teacher said we could be anything we wanted when we grow up.
He wasnt talking to you son, now go out back and practice digging some holes.
#21shadetail1Posted 5/4/2013 4:05:37 PM(edited)
I suspect Xenoblade will get the most votes. But you really shouldn't let other people make up your mind for you.

Let me ask you this. Do you feel more like an action game (Skyward Sword; Pandora's Tower), or more RPG-ish (Xenoblade; Last Story)?
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#3Ivany2008(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 4:18:19 PM(edited)
Trust me, if I left it to my brain it would tell me to just play Cod all day til I get pissed off and go to bed

Id much rather someone else make the decision for me

also, i enjoy all game types roughly equally. There was a point when I was younger when I swore off everything that wasn't an rpg, or had rpg elements, nowadays I'm not so fussy

the only type of game I cannot play is sports. If I wanted to play sports I'd go outside
---
#4New LinkPosted 5/4/2013 4:10:35 PM
I have everything but Pandoras Tower, but I've not started The Last Story and i just started Xenoblade. I know Xenoblade is supposedly really long, so I would (and did) play Skyward Sword first)
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#5Ivany2008(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 11:24:13 PM
decided on Xenoblade Chronicles. I like the battle system and the story so far(only about 1/2 hr into the game so far) I just wish it had been made for the Wii-U instead of the Wii. Its hard to get used to playing a dated looking game in todays times.

I think it would have benefited from a bit of smoothing on the character models
---
#6Xtreme-VoidPosted 5/4/2013 11:29:01 PM
problem solved, you had choosen to play Wii games than Wii U games.
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, XBOX 360, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
Universal Gamer
#7NikraPosted 5/4/2013 11:36:02 PM(edited)
I have all 3 games you listed and Xenoblade is standing out. It's a fantastic game imo. Go for that. You wont regret it.
Zelda is a good game. But not more than that. It's not one of the best zelda games imo.
#8TheCelticArcherPosted 5/4/2013 11:41:12 PM
Since you already started with Skyward Sword, just finish that off first.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Sleeping Dogs (PS3), Banjo-Kazooie (360), Darksiders II (Wii U), & Need for Speed Most Wanted U.
#9SocranPosted 5/4/2013 11:47:38 PM(edited)
1shadetail1 posted...
I suspect Xenoblade will get the most votes.

Hell no. Always save the game that takes the longest for last. Unless somehow playing the others will make you enjoy that one less. You never want to put yourself into the mindset where you would think, "Man, I hope this game ends soon so I can finally try out the other ones."

It helps if you don't start with the best game, either, because that would make the next game you play "a step down".
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."