so apparently I never played Sonic Adventure, House of the dead 2, NFL Blitz or

#1L4YER_CAKEPosted 5/4/2013 4:37:52 PM
...power stone, and soul calibur on my dreamcast because such titles must not exist.

Same goes with DOA, SSX and Timesplitters on my ps2

You know, since apparently EVERY console has a launch like the wii u right guys?

-_-

...and these are just launch titles, not taking into account how their respective first years played out.

Look, the wii u is a great system, I find it's approach to gaming different and original and I feel that everyone who dismisses the gamepad as a gimmick hasn't gotten a chance to use it and see the possibilities for innovation it has to offer.Furthermore, we all know the must have games are coming and when they do the hate will largely subside.

However this blind defense from the hardcore Wii U crowd has got to stop, this has been a weak first year for a console and blindly defending it by saying that this happens with every console launch is not only sad but it's flat out erroneous.

You can love something and think it's great while still acknowledging it's shortcomings, it doesn't make you any less of a fan, in fact it makes you more of one because it means your affection for it is not going un-calculated. By acting like everything they do is wonderful and the criticism it's getting is coming from either blind hatred or misunderstanding is just a fallacy.

Good day, and Long live Nintendo.
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.
#2omegaslash14Posted 5/4/2013 4:40:46 PM
Dreamcast is the the only except most launches IMO suck, except for PS3 thats kinda of a fact that its launched sucked.
---
3DS FC: 0817-3744-5436 Name: Mugen
Add Meh
#3mjc0961Posted 5/4/2013 5:11:16 PM
So apparently people never played Nintendo Land, Zombi U, New Super Mario Bros U, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Batman Arkham City, Mass Effect 3, and Call of Duty Black Ops 2 on their Wii U because such titles must not exist.

Wii U actually had one of the best launch line-ups of any console. The post launch support has been abysmal, yes, but the launch was great.

Not so great if you played all of the games that were ports already, but still quite a few new exclusive games on offer.

And yeah, I counted the ports. If Ponies refuse to stop counting Vita's ports when they claim it has games, it's fair game to count Wii U's ports when talking about its launch.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#4Luigifan141Posted 5/4/2013 5:22:06 PM
omegaslash14 posted...
Dreamcast is the the only except most launches IMO suck

What?

mjc0961 posted...
So apparently people never played Nintendo Land, Zombi U, New Super Mario Bros U, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Batman Arkham City, Mass Effect 3, and Call of Duty Black Ops 2 on their Wii U because such titles must not exist.

Wii U actually had one of the best launch line-ups of any console. The post launch support has been abysmal, yes, but the launch was great.

Not so great if you played all of the games that were ports already, but still quite a few new exclusive games on offer.

And yeah, I counted the ports. If Ponies refuse to stop counting Vita's ports when they claim it has games, it's fair game to count Wii U's ports when talking about its launch.

Finally, someone with common sense! The Wii U definitely had an amazing launch, but like you said, there's been a huge drought of games since then. The only major games I can think of that have came out since the Wii U launched are LEGO City Undercover and Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate, and even though I heard that both games are great, they aren't for everybody. (I don't care to buy either game, but I've heard good things about both. Especially Monster Hunter.)

I think the reason everyone was freaking out about the 3DS and Wii U having "no games" at their launches was because we haven't had a system launch since around the PS3 back in late 2006, and everyone must've got rusty on what a console launch is like or something. It's just baffling that people think that "they have no support" or "there's not enough games"; they're brand new for Pete's sake! You can't expect consoles to have AAA games right out of the gate, as everyone is still trying to figure out what the console can do, even Nintendo themselves. Just because a console launches with a slow start, it doesn't mean that they will be "doomed". Just look at the 3DS; everyone except a few people like me thought it would be a failure, and nowadays it could be considered a success. Everyone should just be patient, and we will get rewarded.
---
Official Mike Meekins of AA5 boards. Official Olimar of SSB Wii U Boards.
Playing: Paper Mario