Now is not the time to worry, Nintendo has not even started yet.

#1pixel378Posted 5/4/2013 4:41:35 PM
They haven't even made a serious marketing push yet, which is smart. I read on Neogaf that they wanted to wait until they released some patches and probably release some more games before seriously advertising the product. Its possible they just wanted to start production so they will be able to ship enough units by getting the hardcore Nintendo fans last christmas out of the way.

If by next year this time they are in the same position and Smash, Mario kart, or 3d Mario has released, then they are screwed. What we're seeing right now isn't market rejection imo, its market confusion, and anticipation for something to be released, and I don't mean wario ware.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#2opiate1974Posted 5/4/2013 4:43:46 PM
I have been playing Nintendo games since they released the NES. I have heard all the doom and gloom before.

I'm not worried.
---
Nintendo id-DarkWing Reaper
#3Paddle008Posted 5/4/2013 4:45:05 PM
Wii U is in a beta phase waiting for the other 8th generation systems to come out before it really gets started.
#4pixel378(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 4:45:55 PM
opiate1974 posted...
I have been playing Nintendo games since they released the NES. I have heard all the doom and gloom before.

I'm not worried.

Nintendo has failed before with the GCN.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#5Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 5/4/2013 4:46:58 PM
Despite the reassurance you need, Nintendo started months ago when they released the console.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#6mjc0961Posted 5/4/2013 4:57:28 PM
pixel378 posted...
opiate1974 posted...

I'm not worried.

Troll status confirmed.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#7Weltall548Posted 5/4/2013 5:00:53 PM
mjc0961 posted...
pixel378 posted...
opiate1974 posted...

I'm not worried.

Troll status confirmed.

Why? The GCN sold far worse than the ps2.
---
PSN: Fantasy_473
Nintendo Network ID: Xenoblade165
#8DemonDog666Posted 5/4/2013 5:02:39 PM(edited)
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Despite the reassurance you need, Nintendo started months ago when they released the console.

This, actually it started when they announced it.
#9pixel378(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 5:03:21 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

I need no reassurance, I openly state that Nintendo has been nothing but a POS since halfway into the wii's cycle, and don't intend to buy a Wii U for a long while.

I'm just stating the obvious. The launch of the system is a failure for sure, and it has cost them in many ways, but i'm inclined to think they weren't totally taken back at the lackluster sales and hype, its not like they didn't know their games were a ways from being released, their system OS was slow, etc. They are fixing some issues and then coming hard this holiday season.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#10DemonDog666Posted 5/4/2013 5:04:49 PM
pixel378 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

I need no reassurance, I openly state that Nintendo has been nothing but a POS since halfway into the wii's cycle, and don't intend to buy a Wii U for a long while.

I'm just stating the obvious. The launch of the system is a failure for sure, and it has cost them in many ways, but i'm inclined to think they weren't totally taken back at the lackluster sales and hype, its not like they didn't know their games were a ways from being released, their system OS was slow, etc. They are fixing some issues and then coming hard this holiday season.

Considering the games were delayed I say that they didn't know at launch.