i agree with pachter that its a bad decision for nintendo to skip e3.

#71Jacob46719Posted 5/5/2013 11:25:46 AM
Schwepps01 posted...
Cue the drones telling us that E3 is "obsolete" and that Nintendo is "smart" for skipping out (read: cheaping out) and giving us their garbage Nintendo Directs instead.

'garbage' is a subjective term.
---
Currently Playing: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, 007 Legends, StarCraft 2, SM3DL, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
#72Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 5/5/2013 11:38:56 AM
This is nothing more than an experiment to try something new. And honestly they chose the best year to try it out. Think about it, they are getting more exposure about not having a presentation than they normally would if they did hold a presentation. Hell, I'd argue that they are getting more exposure than the PS4 and New Xbox by simply stating they aren't holding a presentation.

If this works then I highly expect E3 to be severely downsized (again) next year with the other two companies choosing to have their own private shows
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#73Sinful_LifePosted 5/5/2013 11:40:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE7kXJe0PUs
---
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
#74excitebike64Posted 5/5/2013 12:39:23 PM
Yeah, the conference does not equal e3. But e3 has conferences. Basically gave up trying to explain that the Nintendo supporters did not change what they are saying.

E3 is important to some degree. Nintendo will do E3. Just their way this time.

Overall E3 is less important than it was in 2004-2005. But E3 did it to themselves trying to re-invent.

If Nintendo re-invents, and it works, it will be a bigger blow to e3. Heck, Sony and MS doing their own conferences is a blow to e3.

All three basically are screwing tradition this year.
#75excitebike64Posted 5/5/2013 12:41:35 PM
I will add it seems Pachter has a lot of investments in MS and EA right now. Maybe a dabble in Sony. His money is mostly talking now, more than ever. I think he gambled a lot more than usual on the markets.
#76_Sovereign_Posted 5/5/2013 1:30:37 PM
VenomSymbiote posted...
But... they aren't skipping E3. They're just not doing a huge presentation. If not a single thing from Nintendo is at E3 I will eat my dookies.

Agreed. Too many illiterate people here.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#77DarkFoxVPosted 5/5/2013 1:40:24 PM(edited)
I disagree with pachter. The shear hype of the PS4 and NeXt-Box is already hurting the WiiU. No matter what Nintendo shows off, most attendants are going to want to see the new hardware more then what nintendo has to offer for WiiU. which is already considered a failure by most gaming news sites. Not to mention nintendo would have a limited time slot for E3.

Having their own conference would grant them all the time they need to show everything in full detail.

Really E3 itself ain't what it use to be. And having a limited time slot with them can cause problems. Having your own conference means you don't have to worry about distractions from the rest of the competition.
---
"Legends never die"