The BEST Map System in a game you have ever used/seen.

#1ajko000Posted 5/4/2013 9:46:25 PM
Metroid Prime series has by far the best map system out there. Hands down.

No seriously, don't bother posting, I win.
---
GameFAQs in a nutshell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hpdZwuyEmRk
#2Soanevalcke6Posted 5/4/2013 9:48:05 PM
Metroid Prime.

Is there room for two winners?
---
Official Dark Samus of the SSB4 board
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/1G9WLfK.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#3NikraPosted 5/4/2013 9:53:18 PM
ajko000 posted...

Thank god for that, since you have to backtrack hundreds of times on those games. LMFAO
#4Ivany2008Posted 5/4/2013 11:29:25 PM(edited)
I'm liking Xenoblade Chronicles map so far, though I kind of wish they had the quest areas on the map

But I think overall my favorite map out of all the games I have played would be Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past, such a unique art-style.....That or Chrono Cross
---
The teacher said we could be anything we wanted when we grow up.
He wasnt talking to you son, now go out back and practice digging some holes.
#5msunshinePosted 5/4/2013 11:36:59 PM
ajko000 posted...

I thought of metroid prime before I entered the topic.
---
Current playthrough: 95stars. Demondog pulls numbers and facts out of his ***.
The wii U board is improving! bye MS,GFR
#6GensokyoPosted 5/5/2013 12:13:39 AM(edited)
Definitely Metroid Prime series. I can't even think of anything else that comes close.
#7ReedeemerPosted 5/5/2013 12:14:39 AM
Yeah I can agree with MPrime
---
WiiU: rZetro
PSN: Zetro-X ::: 3DS: 1118-0389-0873
#8SlimeSwayzePosted 5/5/2013 12:19:46 AM
The old Resident Evil and Silent Hill games. You'd have to be an idiot not to understand those maps.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#9sunK1DPosted 5/5/2013 12:36:20 AM
007 GoldenEye

COMPLEX
TEMPLE
ARCHIVES
FACILITY

Pick one, better than anything else ever made to date.
#10SolisPosted 5/5/2013 1:07:00 AM
Supreme Commander had an excellent map system, especially since it was so well integrated into the standard view and being able to alternate between zoomed in on individual units, pulled all the way back to see the entire map at once, or anywhere in-between was only a mousewheel flick away. The zooming was completely seamless, with units smoothly fading into icons at a certain point so that you could still make out every single one of the hundreds of objects on the battlefield at any given time. It's especially impressive that you could also have a minimap (with its own variable level of zoom), a single screen split into two separate views showing the map at any height on either side, or even use a second display as a map. You could also mix and match between those options. It also had quite a bit of customization in terms of what icons to show and supplementary information.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review