MK DS > MK Wii > MK 64 > MK 7 > SMK > MKDD > MKSC

#21SlimeSwayzePosted 5/4/2013 11:25:36 PM
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
Mario Kart 64 is the best game in the series.

It had REAL shortcuts. Also Block Fort and Double Decker were the best Battle mode stages ever.

Agreed. And I don't think any other games comes close.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#22confessabearPosted 5/4/2013 11:57:59 PM
My list in terms of favorites:
DS > DD > 7 > 64 = Wii > SC

Haven't played Super Mario Kart.

MechaKoopa5000 posted...

DD almost killed the series for me. The two-player per kart gimmick, while cool, does NOT make up for:

A) incredibly short courses
B) uninspired course design
C) really slow paced even at 150cc
D) hideous graphics/art style
E) cheap AI

These were my reasons why I disliked Mario Kart Wii, in addition to the subpar item balance and bikes outclassing karts in almost every way.
---
Tell Confess-a-Bear, now!
Luigi's Mansion: DM FC: 3437-3580-2932
#23Pac12345Posted 5/5/2013 12:12:42 AM
I still don't know why people complain about the bikes. They were great, imo. People say it was unbalanced, and stuff, but I never really had any troubles defeating bike racers with my kart.

Kind of reminds me of people complaining about the Commando perk on MW2, or people who complain about campers. Bunch of crybabies
#24MasterPokerPosted 5/5/2013 12:28:51 AM
Pac12345 posted...
I still don't know why people complain about the bikes. They were great, imo. People say it was unbalanced, and stuff, but I never really had any troubles defeating bike racers with my kart.

Kind of reminds me of people complaining about the Commando perk on MW2, or people who complain about campers. Bunch of crybabies

Then you never played MK: Wii against top players.

On nearly every track (30/32 last I checked, including pre-exploited WRs), a Bike holds the WR. And that's in "itemless" play where you're not having to deal with opposing traps/items. There are several tracks where a Kart is at a huge disadvantage regardless of Kart (several track shortcuts that are done itemless by certain Bikes cannot be done without an item on any Kart), and on the rest you can generally expect to lose a second or so per lap, even with flawless snaking. Kart lines are even more predictable than Sneakster/Spear lines, and lose significant time if their opponent(s) know where to trap.

The metagame is basically Mach Bike/Flame Runner. And the only vehicles that can make a claim to compete with random track selection are Bullet Bike, Dolphin Dasher, and Sneakster (arguable).

I've seen or been in numerous "no banned vehicle" tourneys, and I have not seen a winner outside of the above. Or even a Top 3. And I say this as a Dolphin Dasher main who had to fight hard for viability.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Ranked 1st, survived the dungeon: Xuande
#25MechaKoopa5000(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 5:06:46 AM
msunshine posted...
Snes version easily. You guys must be young

In my late 20s and have been a fan of the series since its debut on SNES.

MK64 was best for a long time, but DS's tracks are just the best *and* it had that really great challenge mode to extend its gameplay and hone your skills.

MKWii also had good tracks, was considerably better looking/polished/faster than its predecessor, Double Dash, a healthy online community, weekly downloadable challenges (not quite as robust as DS')

Then comes 64 for all the obvious reasons. Best battle mode in any MK, classic courses.
#26DeathSnipe777Posted 5/5/2013 5:13:58 AM
Why in the world is Double Dash so low?
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#27LUlGIPosted 5/5/2013 5:28:01 AM
Snes version easily. You guys must be young

I grew up with SNES and can honestly say that Super Mario Kart is pretty awful now.
Age doesn't really have anything to do with it. The games ever since then have been a huge improvement honestly.
---
yo whens mahvel
http://i.minus.com/ibcOZQlzBHQ865.gif
#28DorotimusWitikPosted 5/5/2013 5:39:03 AM
Hey TC, knowing nothing about who it will be, how do you think the 2024 president will rank among all of the previously elected presidents?
#29LewisrichPosted 5/5/2013 5:40:51 AM
Despite Mario Kart Wii's constant blue shell flurry I loved the majority of thing about the game.
Rainbow road was amazing in it and I loved the inclusion of bikes despite the few balancing issues they have.
---
GT: LKR101
#30KaiserLeoPosted 5/5/2013 5:51:18 AM
After playing the two Sega Allstars games for a year and a half, I really don't think any of the games are good bar DS, this weird thing were drifting feels really wrong. It's like going from Rock Band to Guitar Hero, subtle differences that make the game unplayable after playing the other for a considerable amount of time.
---
And enough with My Little Pony!