I'm considering buying a Wii U.

#1CubeTVPosted 5/4/2013 10:22:18 PM
I am really interested in getting myself a Wii U. I have never had any *next gen* systems (PS3, 360 and even a Wii irregularly) except for a Wii that I neglected and never played at all. Heck, the disc drive is broke on it so I can't even play it (except for Homebrew) and the only thing I used it for was a replacement GC since that broke. I have one Wii Remote but my older and younger brother also have their own Wii remotes.

Would it be worth getting a Wii U for the following games that interest me (looking at retail games only for right now)?

Batman City (forgot the name)
Call of Duty (Never played a console CoD before. Been playing the DS ones and find them good except for the controls)
Injustice Gods Among U (I have no idea what this game is, but I heard it was good)
Lego City Stories (last Lego game I played was Lego Star Wars 1 and 2 for GC)
Monster Hunter (Never played one before. This looks fun)
Need For Speed Wii U (last NFS game I played was Underground 1 for GC)
New Super Mario Bros. U (never played the Wii one (or even Galaxy). Last one I played was NSMB2 and before that was the DS one. So I'm kinda craving platforming Mario games like a bum for Crack.)
Nintendo Land (I really enjoy minigame collections.)

There were a few more but these are on the top of m head.
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs
#2CelesEsperIce3Posted 5/4/2013 10:26:34 PM
No, none of those games are really worth buying a Wii U for. There will be games to buy it for eventually, and those listed can certainly entertain; but I wouldn't buy a Wii U. Mine collects a lot of dust.
---
Go ahead, believe everything the media tells you, they would never lie to you, right?
#3deathslovePosted 5/4/2013 10:42:52 PM(edited)
No you mostly listed multiplats, and the exclusives you listed are not worth it. Best thing to do would be wait for a price drop and by then there MIGHT be worthwhile games out.

Also considering you ignored the wii and nintendo games have been getting worse since the GC, the wii U is a definite no buy. (My wii's disc drive also broke.)
Considering you never had ps3/360, buying a PS3 would be much more worthwhile as that has a ton of great games out already and has already had its price drops.
#4Xtreme-VoidPosted 5/4/2013 10:35:06 PM
if you have other console, don't, that just multiplats game you have there.

but if you really like Mario and Nintendo, go buy it right away. No other platform have those kiddy game.
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, XBOX 360, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
Universal Gamer
#5biggy204Posted 5/4/2013 10:36:19 PM
I qouldnt invest in it if you hardly played the Wii to begin with and the fact you mentioned GC Backwards compatiblity and using it mainly for that. Well Wii U does not play GC games nor does it let you use GC controllers. I say stick with the Wii unless you find games that are more tailor suited to what you want and would make you play the Wii U over time.
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else
#6NikraPosted 5/4/2013 10:40:14 PM
This board is overfloated with trolls: If you want a serious opinion about the Wii U. This place is the last place to ask about it.
#7SocranPosted 5/4/2013 10:44:39 PM
If you want to get in on all the Wii games that you never played, and all the Wii U games coming out in the future, sure. That's certainly a decent enough starting lineup, and there are plenty more games I could recommend if we're including the Wii library. It won't be able to play your Gamecube games, though.

By the way, be careful on these boards. I have very strict standards of who goes on my ignore list, and pretty much every page of every topic on this board tells me "you are ignoring 1-3 messages on this page". This topic alone already has two of them. Some people could give you legitimate reasons not to get the system, but the majority of them are just so pointlessly spiteful and insist on telling absolutely everybody that the system sucks for the stupidest reasons.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#8deathslovePosted 5/4/2013 10:48:25 PM
You should actually ignore the fanboys. They call anyone who does not praise everything Nintendo does as a troll. They also have a blind love for anything Nintendo and praise it, trying to get sales for it.

From what you posted, you can see in my last post the correct answer with logical reasoning.
#9NikraPosted 5/4/2013 10:51:24 PM
Socran posted...
If you want to get in on all the Wii games that you never played, and all the Wii U games coming out in the future, sure. That's certainly a decent enough starting lineup, and there are plenty more games I could recommend if we're including the Wii library. It won't be able to play your Gamecube games, though.

By the way, be careful on these boards. I have very strict standards of who goes on my ignore list, and pretty much every page of every topic on this board tells me "you are ignoring 1-3 messages on this page". This topic alone already has two of them. Some people could give you legitimate reasons not to get the system, but the majority of them are just so pointlessly spiteful and insist on telling absolutely everybody that the system sucks for the stupidest reasons.

What took you almost a Wall Of Text to tell TC, I did in on sentence: Get real. LMFAO
#10msunshinePosted 5/4/2013 10:56:51 PM
CubeTV posted...
I am really interested in getting myself a Wii U. I have never had any *next gen* systems (PS3, 360 and even a Wii irregularly) except for a Wii that I neglected and never played at all. Heck, the disc drive is broke on it so I can't even play it (except for Homebrew) and the only thing I used it for was a replacement GC since that broke. I have one Wii Remote but my older and younger brother also have their own Wii remotes.

Would it be worth getting a Wii U for the following games that interest me (looking at retail games only for right now)?

Batman City (forgot the name)
Call of Duty (Never played a console CoD before. Been playing the DS ones and find them good except for the controls)
Injustice Gods Among U (I have no idea what this game is, but I heard it was good)
Lego City Stories (last Lego game I played was Lego Star Wars 1 and 2 for GC)
Monster Hunter (Never played one before. This looks fun)
Need For Speed Wii U (last NFS game I played was Underground 1 for GC)
New Super Mario Bros. U (never played the Wii one (or even Galaxy). Last one I played was NSMB2 and before that was the DS one. So I'm kinda craving platforming Mario games like a bum for Crack.)
Nintendo Land (I really enjoy minigame collections.)

There were a few more but these are on the top of m head.

Based on what you say, get one. Half of the games you named are exclusive to the system.
---
Current playthrough: 95stars. Demondog pulls numbers and facts out of his ***.
The wii U board is improving! bye MS,GFR