I'm considering buying a Wii U.

#11RahzarXPosted 5/4/2013 11:01:02 PM
Hey TC, Nintendo consoles are always a good investment.

You're guaranteed great first party titles no matter what. Even if no other company were to make games for the console, which isn't even close to being the case, you have over 20 franchises that can be explored with the Wii U.

Plus, you mentioned 6 or 7 games you want that are already on it, there's no reason not to pick it up!
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#12deathslovePosted 5/4/2013 11:01:32 PM
msunshine posted...
CubeTV posted...
I am really interested in getting myself a Wii U. I have never had any *next gen* systems (PS3, 360 and even a Wii irregularly) except for a Wii that I neglected and never played at all. Heck, the disc drive is broke on it so I can't even play it (except for Homebrew) and the only thing I used it for was a replacement GC since that broke. I have one Wii Remote but my older and younger brother also have their own Wii remotes.

Would it be worth getting a Wii U for the following games that interest me (looking at retail games only for right now)?

Batman City (forgot the name)
Call of Duty (Never played a console CoD before. Been playing the DS ones and find them good except for the controls)
Injustice Gods Among U (I have no idea what this game is, but I heard it was good)
Lego City Stories (last Lego game I played was Lego Star Wars 1 and 2 for GC)
Monster Hunter (Never played one before. This looks fun)
Need For Speed Wii U (last NFS game I played was Underground 1 for GC)
New Super Mario Bros. U (never played the Wii one (or even Galaxy). Last one I played was NSMB2 and before that was the DS one. So I'm kinda craving platforming Mario games like a bum for Crack.)
Nintendo Land (I really enjoy minigame collections.)

There were a few more but these are on the top of m head.

Based on what you say, get one. Half of the games you named are exclusive to the system.

He listed 8 games and 3 are exclusive (MH is not)... I guess math is not your best subject. But then again you are one of those people that fits my last post well.
#13msunshinePosted 5/4/2013 11:04:34 PM
deathslove posted...
msunshine posted...
CubeTV posted...
I am really interested in getting myself a Wii U. I have never had any *next gen* systems (PS3, 360 and even a Wii irregularly) except for a Wii that I neglected and never played at all. Heck, the disc drive is broke on it so I can't even play it (except for Homebrew) and the only thing I used it for was a replacement GC since that broke. I have one Wii Remote but my older and younger brother also have their own Wii remotes.

Would it be worth getting a Wii U for the following games that interest me (looking at retail games only for right now)?

Call of Duty (Never played a console CoD before. Been playing the DS ones and find them good except for the controls)
Injustice Gods Among U (I have no idea what this game is, but I heard it was good)
New Super Mario Bros. U (never played the Wii one (or even Galaxy). Last one I played was NSMB2 and before that was the DS one. So I'm kinda craving platforming Mario games like a bum for Crack.)

Based on what you say, get one. Half of the games you named are exclusive to the system.

He listed 8 games and 3 are exclusive (MH is not)... I guess math is not your best subject. But then again you are one of those people that fits my last post well.

Monster hunter ultimate is exclusive as a console game. The ps 3 can't play it. Why don't you give honest advice?
---
Current playthrough: 95stars. Demondog pulls numbers and facts out of his ***.
The wii U board is improving! bye MS,GFR
#14GiygasminionPosted 5/4/2013 11:05:08 PM
It's a good system that I don't regret buying on launch. That said, it's certainly going through growing pains.

Get the system now, play the games you listed immediately.

Get the system in a few months, and you might get some stuff cheaper.

YYour choice.
---
NN ID: Achilles11
http://backloggery.com/schamman89
#15deathslovePosted 5/4/2013 11:05:44 PM
msunshine posted...
deathslove posted...
msunshine posted...
CubeTV posted...

Monster hunter ultimate is exclusive as a console game. The ps 3 can't play it. Why don't you give honest advice?

It is on the 3DS and it is also just an improved version of a wii game. Why can't you give honest advice?
#16msunshinePosted 5/4/2013 11:13:02 PM
deathslove posted...
msunshine posted...
deathslove posted...
msunshine posted...
CubeTV posted...

It is on the 3DS and it is also just an improved version of a wii game. Why can't you give honest advice?

It's on 3 ds, yes. Out of the consoles, it's only on wii U. Since he can't play 4/8 games he wants on a ps 3, why would he not buy a wii U? Ps 3 can't even PLAY nintendo land.
---
#17jbilly12Posted 5/4/2013 11:22:00 PM
deathslove posted...
No you mostly listed multiplats, and the exclusives you listed are not worth it. Best thing to do would be wait for a price drop and by then there MIGHT be worthwhile games out.

Also considering you ignored the wii and nintendo games have been getting worse since the GC, the wii U is a definite no buy. (My wii's disc drive also broke.)
Considering you never had ps3/360, buying a PS3 would be much more worthwhile as that has a ton of great games out already and has already had its price drops.

nintendo games havent been getting worse since gamecube. a lot of amazing nintendo games have come out since then. i sold my 360 and got a ps3 and it was pretty disappointing. but that might be just because i got it for Ni No Kuni and that game turned out to be bad. and Uncharted seemed to have a lot of gameplay issues i couldn't deal with and still have fun. Im currently playing my WiiU much more.

I recommend the WiiU, i love it, and theres some really cool stuff coming out for it.
#18msunshinePosted 5/4/2013 11:23:49 PM
jbilly12 posted...
deathslove posted...
No you mostly listed multiplats, and the exclusives you listed are not worth it. Best thing to do would be wait for a price drop and by then there MIGHT be worthwhile games out.

Also considering you ignored the wii and nintendo games have been getting worse since the GC, the wii U is a definite no buy. (My wii's disc drive also broke.)
Considering you never had ps3/360, buying a PS3 would be much more worthwhile as that has a ton of great games out already and has already had its price drops.

nintendo games havent been getting worse since gamecube. a lot of amazing nintendo games have come out since then. i sold my 360 and got a ps3 and it was pretty disappointing. but that might be just because i got it for Ni No Kuni and that game turned out to be bad. and Uncharted seemed to have a lot of gameplay issues i couldn't deal with and still have fun. Im currently playing my WiiU much more.

I recommend the WiiU, i love it, and theres some really cool stuff coming out for it.

Sony simply does not provide the pollish nintendo games have.
---
#19CubeTV(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 1:02:00 AM
Thanks. I have noticed that thre were actually a few games I didn't have on that list.

Sonic And Sega All Stars Racing Transformed
*Assassins Creed 3
*Mass Effect 3
*Ninja Gaiden 3
ZombieU
Tekken Tag Team

*Do I need to play the prequels to understand how the story goes?

So that's 14 games. Seems like a pretty good amount. I've decided to get one now. I just have to save up enough money for one. Lol. To all the people that there's nothing out right now, I would have to agree. There's too many that came out at launch.
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs
#20deathslovePosted 5/5/2013 1:04:31 AM(edited)
CubeTV posted...
Thanks. I have noticed that thre were actually a few games I didn't have on that list.

Sonic And Sega All Stars Racing Transformed
*Assassins Creed 3
*Mass Effect 3
*Ninja Gaiden 3
ZombieU
Tekken Tag Team

*Do I need to play the prequels to understand how the story goes?

So that's 14 games. Seems like a pretty good amount. I've decided to get one now. I just have to save up enough money for one. Lol. To all the people that there's nothing out right now, I would have to agree. There's too many that came out at launch.

Yes you need the earlier games to understand those games. You could get a PS3/360 if you want to have both the early games and the ones you listed (except zombieU).