Will you wait for Windwaker HD, or will you play a GC version?

#1Sharky8Posted 5/5/2013 10:08:19 AM
If you haven't played the game yet, do you plan on waiting for the HD Wii U release, or are you thinking about picking up a copy to play on your BC Wii or on your Gamecube?
#2deathslovePosted 5/5/2013 10:11:20 AM(edited)
I already played it on GC, if I want to play it again I would just play it on the cube. Besides GC version will be much cheaper and you get to play it sooner.
#3Mudkip_in_SpacePosted 5/5/2013 10:11:49 AM
WWHD's textures and lighting is off IMHO.
---
Any suggestions for a husband for Maribelle?
Why are Kairi's early game fetch quests so tedious?
#4msunshinePosted 5/5/2013 10:12:57 AM
deathslove posted...
I already played it on GC, if I want to play it again I would just play it on the cube. Besides GC version will be much cheaper and you get to play it sooner.

Tell me, two things. How do you know the price the HD version will sell for? And the second question, where do you buy it cheaper than that? Links.
---
Current playthrough: 95stars. Demondog pulls numbers and facts out of his ***.
The wii U board is improving! bye MS,GFR, OUCH!
#5xChaosLordxPosted 5/5/2013 10:13:41 AM
Why would anyone buy a new system just for an HD remake of a game? Wind Waker wasn't even one of the better Zelda games. If you got a PC you can play the GC version at 1080p, just the textures won't be scaled up, but everything will be way clearer, and better AA and AF, so less jagged edges.
#6deathslovePosted 5/5/2013 10:14:37 AM
msunshine posted...
deathslove posted...

Tell me, two things. How do you know the price the HD version will sell for? And the second question, where do you buy it cheaper than that? Links.

Wow again you try to help wii U sales.
You really think a new wii U game even if it is a HD remake (nintendo is greedy, just look at their VC game prices) would be more than a used GC version?
#7msunshinePosted 5/5/2013 10:15:26 AM
deathslove posted...
msunshine posted...
deathslove posted...

Wow again you try to help wii U sales.
You really think a new wii U game even if it is a HD remake (nintendo is greedy, just look at their VC game prices) would be more than a used GC version?

I asked you for links.
---
Current playthrough: 95stars. Demondog pulls numbers and facts out of his ***.
The wii U board is improving! bye MS,GFR, OUCH!
#8xChaosLordxPosted 5/5/2013 10:15:40 AM
Mudkip_in_Space posted...
WWHD's textures and lighting is off IMHO.

Its true, I saw the videos, and its not even a quality HD remake. More of a rushed one.
#9strongo9Posted 5/5/2013 10:16:48 AM
I didn't like WW that much. I won't be getting it a second time.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#10Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 10:17:49 AM
msunshine posted...
deathslove posted...

Complete copies of GC Windwaker sell for $40-$50. But playing copies (in player's choice cases, maybe missing manual, maybe having scratches) sell for $30-$40.

The odds are very good Windwaker HD will retail for $59.99 or $69.99. So, a GC version will be a little cheaper.