Project CARS: I just realized something.

#1AccrovideogamesPosted 5/5/2013 9:38:54 AM
I know that this isn't the Project CARS message board but that's because it doesn't exist since GameFAQs removed it for some stupid reason.

I've been excited about playing Project CARS on the Wii U after learning that it would have great GamePad functionality, optional gyro controls and Oculus Rift compatibility. However, I just realized that something was wrong: the GamePad lacks analog triggers. How the hell are you supposed to play a racing simulation game with digital triggers?
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec
#2Warmonger222Posted 5/5/2013 9:40:26 AM
Why does everyone love analog triggers so much? They really arent necessary at all.
---
CoD claims to be M for Mature, but it is really M for Manchildren - Emerald_Melios
#3Banjo2553Posted 5/5/2013 9:41:06 AM
Probably similar to NFS: Most Wanted U. Either tap the buttons or use a control scheme that uses the right analog stick for gas/brake/reverse.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#4Wiiplayer111Posted 5/5/2013 9:42:44 AM
I don't know why people complain about the triggers. If you are playing a racing sim with a controller you are already doing it wrong anyway.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#5iceachePosted 5/5/2013 9:45:04 AM
Doesn't matter. Game's not coming out til 2014 now.
#6Accrovideogames(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 9:59:38 AM
Warmonger222 posted...
Why does everyone love analog triggers so much? They really arent necessary at all.

They're absolutely necessary for driving simulation games and some other things like the vacuum in the original Luigi's Mansion. Unless they release a controller with analog triggers, many GC games won't see the light of day on the Virtual Console. It's not because you only play FPS games that analog triggers become useless.

Banjo2553 posted...
Either tap the buttons or use a control scheme that uses the right analog stick for gas/brake/reverse.

That's pretty awful.

Wiiplayer111 posted...
I don't know why people complain about the triggers. If you are playing a racing sim with a controller you are already doing it wrong anyway.

Are you saying that we should play Grand Theft Auto IV with a wheel and pedals?

iceache posted...
Doesn't matter. Game's not coming out til 2014 now.

What kind of logic is that? How does the fact that games to be released in 2014 won't need analog triggers because they're being released in 2014 make any sense?
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec
#7muffinmasherPosted 5/5/2013 10:03:43 AM
TC, I hear you, the lack of analog triggers is a disadvantage to racing games, that's just how it is.

What worked for me when playing Sonic All Stars Racing (I know cart racers are different, but that game requires you to do complex maneuvers for time trials and others) is to tap the triggers. It's not ideal, but honestly, it's easy once you practice.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#8Wiiplayer111Posted 5/5/2013 10:12:28 AM
Accrovideogames posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...

Are you saying that we should play Grand Theft Auto IV with a wheel and pedals?

I was unaware that GTA was a racing sim. I guess all that shooting and running around had me confused.

A racing simulator is supposed to feel like you are racing. Its a simulator. So using a controller already ruins the simulation part of racing sim. Driving in GTA is down on the list in the grand scheme of things and is not racing sim.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#9SychinLegacyPosted 5/5/2013 10:15:29 AM
What racing games do you guys play where you either don't A go as fast as possible, or B tap the break if you need to slow down to turn.

Analog buttons aren't necessary. They won't be around much longer anyway. In fact pretty sure PS4 will lack them. .
#10AJ2412Posted 5/5/2013 10:17:20 AM
What racing games do you guys play where you either don't A go as fast as possible, or B tap the break if you need to slow down to turn.

Forza.
---
"The people who hate on Vuvuzela's are the ones who cant play them." -EvilmetalUK
http://i.imgur.com/7iLBp.png By QTx314159 .