There is no reason to own a Wiiu

#81deathslovePosted 5/5/2013 4:32:13 PM
NejiHyuga900 posted...
Topic title
There is no reason to own a Wii U

There are many reasons to own a Wii U:
- Exclusives: Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Super Smash Bros., F-Zero (if it does come back), Pokémon, Fire Emblem, Game & Watch, and third-party exclusives (such as ZombiU, Lego City Undercover, and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate)
- Virtual Console (and they are Off-TV Play so you can use the GamePad as a portable system that must be in reach with the console)
- Wii games: The Wii U can play the entire Wii library as long as you have a Wii Remote (Plus) and certain attachments for it. People say that the Wii U has no games but the Wii U has the ENTIRE Wii library; there's your games!
- Media entertainment (Netflix, Hulu, etc.) but the selection is not good.
- Miiverse: The Miiverse community is great, better than here. Not many trolls on the Miiverse as there are on this message board. Very peaceful.

1. listing games that are not announced/out yet.
2. listing old games everyone played already
3. Same as #2 plus wii was lacking in games
4. other consoles do it better
5. of course barley anyone has a wii U so there are no people debating it on miiverse/ not a legit reason
#82arvilinoPosted 5/5/2013 4:51:06 PM(edited)
Sandman208 posted...
NejiHyuga900 posted...
Topic title

- Exclusives: Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Super Smash Bros., F-Zero (if it does come back), Pokémon, Fire Emblem, Game & Watch, and third-party exclusives (such as ZombiU, Lego City Undercover, and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate)
- Virtual Console (and they are Off-TV Play so you can use the GamePad as a portable system that must be in reach with the console)
- Wii games: The Wii U can play the entire Wii library as long as you have a Wii Remote (Plus) and certain attachments for it. People say that the Wii U has no games but the Wii U has the ENTIRE Wii library; there's your games!
- Miiverse: The Miiverse community is great, better than here. Not many trolls on the Miiverse as there are on this message board. Very peaceful.

Those aren't "exclusives" those are Nintendo owned IP's. As far as I know, only Pikmin has been confirmed. And the Wii library isn't very strong. There are some very good games, most are not so great. Besides, it's supremely foolish to use last generations games (which the Wii sorely lagged behind in anyway) as a reason to get this 'next gen' system when you can get a PS4/720

Not just Pikmin, we know the Monolith Soft game, 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Yarn, Legend of Zelda(WiiU game and the HD Wind Waker),Yoshi,Game and Wario, Super Smash Bros, Fire Emblem(via SMTxFire Emblem) are all coming to the system.

As you said they are Nintendo owned IP's, personally I think a good number of the bigger ones didn't really need to be announced to be expected because it's inevitable quite a few of the ones that I've listed(of which all are confirmed) should be expected on a Nintendo Console regardless of announcement or not like a 3D Mario title.
#83Fou LuPosted 5/5/2013 4:58:50 PM
airfoemoe posted...
Bayonetta 2 is Nintendo's big gamble.

Gamble? Nope. First game did so poorly, it never got a sequel until Nintendo paid them for one. It's a straight up mistake that's gonna cost them.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#84TentionPosted 5/5/2013 5:05:56 PM
MH3U is more than enough reason to own a Wii U imo. I just dont feel like dropping 400$ to get it. I will get one if I see a good deal or a price drop though.
---
my game collection:
http://www.gamespot.com/users/Tention/games_table?mode=own
#85Sandman208Posted 5/5/2013 5:06:35 PM
arvilino posted...
Sandman208 posted...
NejiHyuga900 posted...
Topic title

Those aren't "exclusives" those are Nintendo owned IP's. As far as I know, only Pikmin has been confirmed. And the Wii library isn't very strong. There are some very good games, most are not so great. Besides, it's supremely foolish to use last generations games (which the Wii sorely lagged behind in anyway) as a reason to get this 'next gen' system when you can get a PS4/720

Not just Pikmin, we know the Monolith Soft game, 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Yarn, Legend of Zelda(WiiU game and the HD Wind Waker),Yoshi,Game and Wario, Super Smash Bros, Fire Emblem(via SMTxFire Emblem) are all coming to the system.

As you said they are Nintendo owned IP's, personally I think a good number of the bigger ones didn't really need to be announced to be expected because it's inevitable quite a few of the ones that I've listed(of which all are confirmed) should be expected on a Nintendo Console regardless of announcement or not like a 3D Mario title.

So that brings the grand total to 9.... Eventually. And we already know that all the third party developers will be on board for Sony and Microsoft's consoles.... Which will have far superior specs.... This does not bode well.
#86sa2bmasterPosted 5/5/2013 5:14:24 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...

So you are telling me you can get Kingdom Hearts 1.5 on another console?

Yes, each game in the collection is on the PS2 or DS.

Sandman208 posted...

I saw no reason to shell out the extra cash for a new system for a gimmick. Plus, I'm left-handed so there's that...

Me too, plus I didn't have a Wii at the time for Twilight Princess.

It is worth it to buy a WiiU,but I won't buy a WiiU until Super Smash Bros comes out, but it is definitely worth it if you ever want to play the new SSB, Zelda (WW HD and new title),Mario, Metroid, and any other games that will only see a WiiU release.

Or you can just wait till Nintendo loses too much money and you can play the games in Super HD in 10-15 years when they go 3rd party, if they ever do.
#87Crust20Posted 5/5/2013 5:17:16 PM
Oh look another Wii U hate topic how surprising.
---
George W. Bush - Robin Williams, Live on Broadway
- Most of our imports come from other countries.
#88MelkacPosted 5/5/2013 5:41:58 PM
"there aren't good exclusives and won't be in the near future"

By 'near future' you mean, uh, 3 months max? Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart and 3D Mario are being released between July and December...
Among others, but I don't feel like giving you the list. Wikipedia.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#89bhaal123Posted 5/5/2013 5:53:53 PM
Yeah, the wiiu line up is pretty depressing I see no reason what so ever to buy this console and than to think its going to have to compete with the PS4.
#90Kinger1000Posted 5/5/2013 6:05:56 PM
Nintendo needs to stop being 'Original' and just start giving everyone what they want... I mean c'mon, would you rather play 'Final Fantasy XXIIXI 2' or 'Legend Of Zelda' on a controller that doesn't make you get tired of playing.

The sooner they just make a Console similar to Xbox or Play Station, the sooner they can start being competitive again