#22Lord_CohlianiPosted 5/5/2013 11:30:54 AM
Yup.
---
SteamID: Lord Cohliani
#23Godstriker8Posted 5/5/2013 11:31:09 AM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
Godstriker8 posted...
STN79 posted...
Ah i see great things for Wii U! Hmm what's this? I see a new smash bros game! Oh there's more yes yes i see an epic new Zelda game! Now something else is appearing before me. Oh i see PS4 writhing in agony as it is quickly eaten alive by first party Nintendo titles. Well that's all the crysytal ball has gone dark.

Because that worked for the N64 and GameCube, right?

the N64 failed cause of its continued use of cartridges which costed them one of that gens biggest 3rd party franchises. The gamecube failed for the same reason the xbox failed the PS2, but here is the real kicker the N^$ and gamecube still made nintendo money so in retrospect they arent really "Flops".

And now the Wii U will come in third place, because it's so underpowered. Hell, it's not even getting third party support right now, think how bad itll be when the system can't even receive ports anymore from PS4 and Durango because of how underpowered it is.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#24Murderstorm117Posted 5/5/2013 11:31:26 AM
At least the 3do had one good game plumbers don't wear ties
---
Official Royal Kilted Canadian Kilted Yaksmen
#25Baha05Posted 5/5/2013 11:32:22 AM
No, After launch the numbers went down but slowly they have been rising.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#26CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/5/2013 11:33:21 AM
Godstriker8 posted...
STN79 posted...
Ah i see great things for Wii U! Hmm what's this? I see a new smash bros game! Oh there's more yes yes i see an epic new Zelda game! Now something else is appearing before me. Oh i see PS4 writhing in agony as it is quickly eaten alive by first party Nintendo titles. Well that's all the crysytal ball has gone dark.

Because that worked for the N64 and GameCube, right?

Did they flop?
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#27melbye80Posted 5/5/2013 11:37:58 AM
Ask agai in January 2014
#28squatch22Posted 5/5/2013 11:40:45 AM
Godstriker8 posted...
And now the Wii U will come in third place, because it's so underpowered.

PS1, PS2, DS, 3DS, Wii say hello.
---
Doggy:100 is not 1/3 of 300
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#29Golden MavenPosted 5/5/2013 11:41:08 AM
I wouldn't call the N64 and GC flops. The N64 ushered in 3D gaming and gave us trailblazers like Mario 64, OoT, and GoldenEye. It was the quasi-essential platform for local multiplayer. The N64 was miles ahead of the PS1, all the PS1 gave us were JRPGs, FMVs and loading delays.

The GC was just a souped up N64, and so were the games. It was, for many, a decent secondary console. Did it flop? No, it wasn't a money hole. Simple as that.

A bit early to tell for the Wii-U. Nintendo definitely needs to give us great games to keep this thing afloat. It will definitely be an uphill battle, in spite of what the fanboys say.
#30Godstriker8Posted 5/5/2013 1:58:49 PM
squatch22 posted...
Godstriker8 posted...
And now the Wii U will come in third place, because it's so underpowered.

PS1, PS2, DS, 3DS, Wii say hello.

The gap between the PS1 and its competitors, and the PS2 and its competitors, was small enough that it became insignificant, and it received ports. Nintendo has always dominated the handheld space. But I don't know if you were around for the Wii's last like 4 years, because it would get like 5 good games a year, then in the past 2 years, it got next to nothing. The Wii was a sucess because of the Casual market, but with the advent of Smartphones, casuals don't need nor want a console for their gaming fix.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!