Is the WiiU a flop?

#41icarus231Posted 5/8/2013 7:42:31 AM
STN79 posted...
Ah i see great things for Wii U! Hmm what's this? I see a new smash bros game! Oh there's more yes yes i see an epic new Zelda game! Now something else is appearing before me. Oh i see PS4 writhing in agony as it is quickly eaten alive by first party Nintendo titles. Well that's all the crysytal ball has gone dark.

Damn i was hoping you saw the new mario kart and x
#42icarus231Posted 5/8/2013 7:44:27 AM
Godstriker8 posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
Godstriker8 posted...
STN79 posted...
Ah i see great things for Wii U! Hmm what's this? I see a new smash bros game! Oh there's more yes yes i see an epic new Zelda game! Now something else is appearing before me. Oh i see PS4 writhing in agony as it is quickly eaten alive by first party Nintendo titles. Well that's all the crysytal ball has gone dark.

Because that worked for the N64 and GameCube, right?

the N64 failed cause of its continued use of cartridges which costed them one of that gens biggest 3rd party franchises. The gamecube failed for the same reason the xbox failed the PS2, but here is the real kicker the N^$ and gamecube still made nintendo money so in retrospect they arent really "Flops".

And now the Wii U will come in third place, because it's so underpowered. Hell, it's not even getting third party support right now, think how bad itll be when the system can't even receive ports anymore from PS4 and Durango because of how underpowered it is.

Power didnt stop the wii from out selling the other 2 last gen.
#43icarus231Posted 5/8/2013 7:50:01 AM
Trixone posted...
^I'd educate you about specs and how a system doesn't depend entirely on numbers alone but the architecture's synergy w/ its components, but it will fall on deaf ears (and a waste of my time).

At present time, yes. It's a humongous disaster. Can it change over time? Possibly. I don't see developers flocking over, sadly.

You hit his point exactly. Everyone is saying the wii u is underpowered and only slightly better then 7 gen and they are not looking at the bigger picture you just hit on. Yes the ps4 will be more powerful but it has yet to be determined how powerful it will be in comparison.
#44usaamahlinkPosted 5/8/2013 7:54:01 AM
Right now, it is flopping. But Nintendo will get it going from E3 through the holiday season.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Fire Emblem (GBA), Xenoblade Chronicles, F-Zero GX. SSB Brawl <-(always)
#45name_unknownPosted 5/8/2013 8:12:24 AM
Nintendo still has a chance if the other 2 falter out of the gate. But they need to stop making bad decisions and move quicker.