I don't understand some of the complaints regarding this system

#1Emerald_MeliosPosted 5/5/2013 1:59:18 PM
If it were about issues with using the system, such as poor performance on the OS menu or system locking up, then it'd reasonable enough, as that's a legitimate concern that would require Nintendo to handle it.

But instead, the complaints are about how the system specs doesn't reach their (unspecified) standards, despite the fact that budget performance is actually optimal for a mass-produced game system like this (and considerably more profitable). If you really wanted a powerhouse gaming computer that badly....just build your own custom PC.
#2xChaosLordxPosted 5/5/2013 2:11:15 PM
First of all the system is $300 on release, and that is WAY overpriced for the specs its got. Anyone looking for value isn't gonna find it with the Wii-U.
#3b1gt0nePosted 5/5/2013 2:13:27 PM
xChaosLordx posted...
First of all the system is $300 on release, and that is WAY overpriced for the specs its got. Anyone looking for value isn't gonna find it with the Wii-U.

You feel that way, but you spend your days here,why??
#4elbarto1Posted 5/5/2013 2:15:06 PM
Don't even bother trying to defend wiiu here. If you like it, enjoy it. That's what I'm doing. You can't change peoples minds w a different opinion of value.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: bionichrist :NNID: The_B0DY
#5Shadowbird_RHPosted 5/5/2013 2:18:44 PM
There are some valid complaints about the Wii U, but a lot of it is from people spouting nonsense to get a rise out of others.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#6DoomsSDPosted 5/5/2013 2:21:44 PM
I'm enjoying the system so far. When I'm not playing games on it, it's serving as my go to internet browser. Games library could be better but there's some diversity out there.

They fubar'd the post-launch period of this thing, but there are some very exciting games on the way. Can't wait for that.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#7xChaosLordxPosted 5/5/2013 2:23:24 PM
b1gt0ne posted...
xChaosLordx posted...

I like sharing my opinion on internet forums. Besides I'm in a gaming drought at the moment. There is literally nothing out on any system I even remotely care about playing.
#8spealfan444Posted 5/5/2013 2:30:13 PM
xChaosLordx posted...

And $599 US dollars wasn't?
---
These boards are a creature of Chaos, they may take many incarnations.
#9Enigma149Posted 5/5/2013 2:32:07 PM
xChaosLordx posted...
b1gt0ne posted...
xChaosLordx posted...

I like sharing my opinion on internet forums. Besides I'm in a gaming drought at the moment. There is literally nothing out on any system I even remotely care about playing.

Wait - you're trolling about a system being overpriced and not getting any games...when the systems you own aren't getting any games?

Out of curiosity, what do you own?
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#10nimerjm37Posted 5/5/2013 2:33:08 PM
I understand the complaints. Underaged gamers don't remember that EVERY system ever released has had a rough first year or two.

Remember "PS3 has no gamaes"? Or the 360's launch and first year? How about the DS, 3DS, PSP and Vita? Or the Wii? Or the PS2, PS1, N64, Xbox, Gamecube, Game Boy, GBA, Genesis, Dreamcast, SNES, NES, TurboGrafix 16 or any other system ever released? Same situation across the board. They all went on to varying degrees of success, but no game system has EVER escaped the gloom and doom first year projections. Not one.

So when people complain about the Wii U, I just remind myself that those who don't learn from history are often made to look stupid online. That, and they probably did t start gaming until the PS1 era at the earliest.

Kids.
---
I often wonder why the people most concerned with maturity are usually the most immature among us, don't you?