Based on what?

Standards and expectations.

That doesn't answer my question at all.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#22SolisPosted 5/5/2013 5:45:36 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

It did actually. The Wii U's capabilities are below what would be considered normal for a console released in 2012 for the price it was released for. Therefor, it's not cost efficient.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#23Sauro_phaganaxPosted 5/5/2013 6:08:12 PM
Solis posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Based on what?

Standards and expectations.

Those are subjective.
---
Official Master Templar of the ACIII boards
We follow the truth. The Templar's Dogma. May the father of understanding guide us.
#24CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/5/2013 6:08:15 PM
Solis posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

It did actually. The Wii U's capabilities are below what would be considered normal for a console released in 2012 for the price it was released for. Therefor, it's not cost efficient.

What capabilities are you talking about?
Specs?

Thats what I was asking.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#25Emerald_Melios(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 6:18:57 PM
Solis posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...

What price tag would be preferable?
#26SolisPosted 5/5/2013 6:49:18 PM(edited)
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Specs?

Thats what I was asking.

Specs are definitely one aspect, although more specifically, how well it runs applications for its platform and what features it supports. A higher cost is expected to yield better results (often substantially better results, if there's a significant time difference between products).

Sauro_phaganax posted...
Those are subjective.

Actually they are at least partly based on objective elements. For example, a smartphone from 2013 should be more capable than a smartphone from 2007 that is priced similarly. Same for tablets, personal computers, and even media players. This is due simply to the advancement of technology and the fact that electronic devices become more advanced over time, increasing performance and decreasing costs.

Now, whether a person LIKES a particular project is subjective, but that's based on something else entirely.

Emerald_Melios posted...
What price tag would be preferable?

$200-$250 or so for the 8GB model would sound about right. $280 for the 32GB would be decent as well.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#27CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/5/2013 6:49:23 PM
Solis posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Specs?

Thats what I was asking.

Specs are definitely one aspect, although more specifically, how well it runs applications for its platform and what features it supports. A higher cost is expected to yield better results (often substantially better results, if there's a significant time difference between products).

You're being cryptic.

I still have no idea how you are supposedly judging.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#28SolisPosted 5/5/2013 7:05:22 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
You're being cryptic.

I'm not sure how actual performance is cryptic. The Wii U, as a game console released in 2012, doesn't run games notably better than a console from 2005 that had a similar launch price does. Which is almost certainly a result of its actual hardware capabilities being notably lower than they should be. That seems like a pretty major cost inefficiency to me.
---
#29LightHawKnightPosted 5/5/2013 7:22:03 PM
Solis posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
You're being cryptic.

I'm not sure how actual performance is cryptic. The Wii U, as a game console released in 2012, doesn't run games notably better than a console from 2005 that had a similar launch price does. Which is almost certainly a result of its actual hardware capabilities being notably lower than they should be. That seems like a pretty major cost inefficiency to me.

Have you ever lived during a launch of a system before. Ever? Even half a one? Did you? Since when the hell did launch games ever show the fullest potential of any game on the system?
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#30SolisPosted 5/5/2013 7:51:39 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
Have you ever lived during a launch of a system before. Ever? Even half a one? Did you? Since when the hell did launch games ever show the fullest potential of any game on the system?

Odd, because it's exceedingly rare for a console at launch to not greatly exceed what consoles released half a decade ago could do. Since when was using a system's "full potential" ever a requirement for surpassing a previous system? It's not like we had to wait until the end of the Gamecube's lifecycle for it to out-perform the N64 on a technical level, after all.

The Wii U's performance at launch is ANYTHING but typical.
---